🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 57 — Sean and Hayes, Our Closest Friends

I AM gonna read all the forum comments, but first I need to post this comment I just saw on FB: "I had a dream that someone who deserved all that came to her after HS lost 100 pounds. Woke up, relieved, that she was still fat, unhappy, and poor."

This was in response to a post where a girl said someone she hated got what was coming to her (her husband is divorcing her).

People are horrible to each other out there. That's why I avoid the world and hang out in this forum. You guys are nice. Even Chanson, deep down inside.

• Like 2

hey Popcorn Gang,

tomorrow we will be doing our first ever Hollywood Handbook writers panel. We will have writers from shows like Parking Wrecks, The O Face, and of course Ed.

Please submit your questions about how to get these good jobs, the dynamics of writers rooms, and the general craft of writering.

we will ask the questions we think are good, and as for the ones we don't... may heaven show you mercy, because here on earth there will be none.

• Like 10

We've heard of the "joke beasts", "story monsters" and "cold-open draculas" but what precautions do you take to stop these comedic terrors slipping loose and wreaking havoc in downtown LA.

• Like 2

Hey, I really love you guys and I'd like to show my appreciation by making a donation to Hollywood Handbook. I think it would be cool if we could all donate this week to show Sean and Hayes that our forum is the strongest forum in the universe. I just donated $20. I think the rule should be $20 and under, since I'm sure most of us are stingy and selfish.

And, I don't mean to step on UTU2TM's toes, but can we get some t-shirts in here?

• Like 12

Hey, I really love you guys and I'd like to show my appreciation by making a donation to Hollywood Handbook. I think it would be cool if we could all donate this week to show Sean and Hayes that our forum is the strongest forum in the universe. I just donated $20. I think the rule should be $20 and under, since I'm sure most of us are stingy and selfish.

And, I don't mean to step on UTU2TM's toes, but can we get some t-shirts in here?

Done and done. $20 commin at u bros.

• Like 5

hey Popcorn Gang,

tomorrow we will be doing our first ever Hollywood Handbook writers panel. We will have writers from shows like Parking Wrecks, The O Face, and of course Ed.

Please submit your questions about how to get these good jobs, the dynamics of writers rooms, and the general craft of writering.

we will ask the questions we think are good, and as for the ones we don't... may heaven show you mercy, because here on earth there will be none.

Question 1: People say write what you know. What do you know?

Question 2: How did you all get into television writing? Was this your career goal from the beginning or did you fall into this line of work?

Question 3: I bet you're a real cut up in the writer's room. How do you stay popular with the other writers, but also assert your dominance?

• Like 2

Good idea, VB. I'm on it.

PS - Where's the fucking HH t-shirts, guys?

• Like 4

I've heard that the joke "Guess what? Chicken butt." has been banned from all writer's rooms for being too funny, how has this affected your work?

When writing a season of television, how often should the story involve an embarrassing moment that becomes an auto-tuned youtube video?

Would you hire me? Some people say I'm too quirky for my own good, but I don't know...

• Like 5

hey Popcorn Gang,

What's a "Harris Wittels"? Like, is that even a real name?

• Like 1

As a dad, I understand the importance of making sacrifices for the people I love, so that's why making a donation when I see other people doing it was an easy decision for this lovable bear

• Like 2

Just donated. Thanks for leading the charge, VB

i tried to pitch making a shirt that says "what up what up" to the execs but i don't think anybody was listening to me.

• Like 12

i tried to pitch making a shirt that says "what up what up" to the execs but i don't think anybody was listening to me.

Hey execs! Listen to agata! She knows what she's talking about over here!

how tempting is it to add a talking dog or a english butler to every show, and why dont u just do it

• Like 5

Q1: do you ever think it's weird that writers get paid so much to do something that, when I last checked the literacy rates, 99% of the population can do?

Q2: do you ever feel restricted by having to use the typewriter font in scripts? What is your favourite fonts and why?

Q3: do you ever write something into scripts so you can experience it in real life, like one of the actresses doing a sexy dance, or a donut buffet scene?

Q4: With shows like Glee and Modern Family portraying "non-traditional" relationships on successful shows, what do you think the next big taboo-busting show will be? I think maybe bestiality as long as it's tasteful.

• Like 8

Hello writers,

Regarding funny voices in film and television. Is these come from actors, or does they originate in the writer's mind? E.g. your Jerry Lewises, or your Teri Garrs in Young Frankensteins. It's like their inflection and vocal delivery is an established dialect in itself.

Many thanks

• Like 1

When you're writing show do you ever get lost in your own creation and think you're a character from show?

• Like 2

off topic-ish, but is any of you guys have listened to the episode of Improv4Humans that Sean was on? I remember listening to it when I first started getting into RSS but was thinking I should give it another listen

• Like 3

Hes on a few. The one with the gun control case closed is the only time I have ever heard what I assume to be "real" Sean being serious about something. Sean's long-form is air tight.

ooooh also, the miracle beagle episode. Dom and Wengert are the other guests and it's fantastic.

I want Hayes and Sean to be on I4H together just once. A nerd can dream.

• Like 5

this ep was so crazy times i mean first engineer cody boys as guest now host as guest and guest as host i was a little bit of confused but every one as good man and happy man and jokes are good as well no popcorn gallery song

• Like 1

hello writers

throughout the 80s and 90s multi cam sitcoms were the standard. Then in the late 90s and 2000s single cam sitcoms started to increase in number. what do you think the next trend will be-an increase in cams (i.e. 10 or 15) or another reduction (i.e. one eighth cam sitcoms)?

• Like 2

Hes on a few. The one with the gun control case closed is the only time I have ever heard what I assume to be "real" Sean being serious about something. Sean's long-form is air tight.

ooooh also, the miracle beagle episode. Dom and Wengert are the other guests and it's fantastic.

I want Hayes and Sean to be on I4H together just once. A nerd can dream.

i feel stupid right now, I thought he had only been on the one. Also Joe Wengert is fucking awesome-kills it every single time he is on CBB or I4H. I hope he is a close friend of Hayes and Sean

• Like 1

A nerd can dream.

Hey I think we have all learned from HH that even though you can be funny and cool and get lots of babes you can also just be a nerd sometimes, and that is OK too

• Like 1