Sign in to follow this  
Bernard_Shakey

Earwolf sister network Wolfpop is here!

Its definitely cool. I'm listening to Matt Gourley's show right now. I'm not crazy about the pink and white color of the website. I think the pink would look better on a black background.

Seems cool to me. Although if HDTGM and UTU2TM are released on both networks will there still be two forums for the same show? That could become messy.

Also, it looks like I can create a new topic, but it doesn't seem to accept a post I made on a pre-existing thread.

• Like 2

speaking of forums i can't seem to reply to a thread i made on there, now matt gourley thinks i didnt like his show and dont want to say anything mean about it when in fact i think it is a good show

• Like 3

This caught me totally off guard. I can't believe there wasn't a big announcement from anyone!

for real... I found out from the ad in the middle of Hollywood Handbook.

NEW NO-NO! November 4th is December 25th now.

• Like 5

they should have just ported this forum software over in white and pink, ive never had a problem with it

• Like 3

Yeah the forum over there is pretty bunk. You can only start new threads and you have to become a fan of the podcast to do that? By that I mean you have to click a separate button to join a fan club so that you can post. Also, it says free which would imply that some of the forums fan clubs are not free? Like if you don't pay you can't join the forum??? Launch bugs!

speaking of forums i can't seem to reply to a thread i made on there, now matt gourley thinks i didnt like his show and dont want to say anything mean about it when in fact i think it is a good show

I had the same issue.

Edit: No issue with Matt Gourley.

• Like 1

I have to agree I really like this "IP.Board" forum host.

It would be nice if both of Midroll networks used it.

If I had to guess, I'd say Midroll set an aggressive launch date for Wolfpop and were scrambling to try to get everything running before that date. There's a lot of broken functionality and errors on the site, but they couldn't exactly push the date back, if for no other reason than existing podcasts (e.g. Get Up on This) had already announced their departure from their former networks.

As for the Wolfpop forums, it appears to be part of the StageBloc platform they're adopting (as opposed to the in-house/WordPress solution on Earwolf.com) so I wouldn't hold your breath about it being replaced with IP.Board.

• Like 2

dang, i already was holding my breath until i saw that, just noticed im dead now

• Like 6

RIP greggy, the first victim of what will one day be known as The Great Midroll War.

• Like 2

Dan pretty much nailed it. The forums will fall in line there, but it will take a bit as it's not the same system and our tech guy has to do a lot of fancy customization of stagebloc to get it to behave like a dedicated IP.Board type thing (I have no idea what I'm talking about). But it will come along. The cool thing is that the comments section on each episode's page is the same thing as the forum subject for that show, which I haven't seen in many sites.

There might be some bugs on the site on the first day, but all in all I think it's a much improved platform.

Hope you guys all enjoy the shows, we have worked harder than you can imagine for this launch.

• Like 6

I'm scared of change. Will everything be alright?

Hope you guys all enjoy the shows, we have worked harder than you can imagine for this launch.

With this many new shows each week, are the studios now booked 24 hours a day? How many additional Engineer Codys does that take?

• Like 2

also looks like replies work now, good work wolfppl

• Like 1

Dan pretty much nailed it. The forums will fall in line there, but it will take a bit as it's not the same system and our tech guy has to do a lot of fancy customization of stagebloc to get it to behave like a dedicated IP.Board type thing (I have no idea what I'm talking about). But it will come along. The cool thing is that the comments section on each episode's page is the same thing as the forum subject for that show, which I haven't seen in many sites.

There might be some bugs on the site on the first day, but all in all I think it's a much improved platform.

Good work, Brett. I just listened to a podcast and it sounds great! I'm super excited about all of the new programs.

With this many new shows each week, are the studios now booked 24 hours a day? How many additional Engineer Codys does that take?

How many Engineer Codys does it take to get even one podcast right?

• Like 17

Good work, Brett. I just listened to a podcast and it sounds great! I'm super excited about all of the new programs.

Thanks! Don't fear the change, Earwolf isn't going anywhere.

Dan, to answer your question seriously, the studio bookings are definitely a lot crazier but we're increasing Sam's hours and some of the shows are recorded remotely. We're finding a way to make it work. We'll see.

• Like 3

Thanks for your hard work EC Brett. I am pumped for the new shows and hosts.

I really dont know why "they" would not want the same type of forums for that site, seeing as how thats what we all are used to here, and works so well. I honestly do not like them so far at Wolfpop, but thats not what matters, quality content does and im sure ill adjust.

• Like 1