🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 205 — The Beetlejuice Watchers

Howard, Kulap, and Stard pick up right where they left off with an update on Howard's Beetlejuice memorabilia, and the ebay bidding war that has ensued. Later, the gang is joined by Hank Green, long time chartist, and investor of Kulap's upcoming film "Origin Story." Then, Howard breaks down what it means to be more than an "average princess" and why Taylor Swift isn't ready for her "King and Queen Romance." Lastly, in epic game of "Chart Goose," Hank fields eggs from Hermes, wherein he explains why famed Broadway director Lee Strasberg never played professional baseball.

15 minutes in, and here is my internal dialogue:

"please don't be from Junction City Kansas, please don't be from Junction City Kansas..."

What a fun episode. That Hank guy was pretty cool. He's a chartist!!! Its fun to hear another real deal chartist on the show.

• Like 1

Howard was ON FIRE. An unknown guest could be boring but Hank brought good energy and let the regulars do their thing. Really enjoyed this episode.

• Like 3

Four things.

Hank for not a proven comedian was phenomenal. As a total fan of the show (which showed almost instantly) he was on track with everything that was going on a kept up with the crew so well, real good vibe.

Stard should just be a co-host of this already, he is invaluable to the show now. Adds so much to the dynamic between How and Ku.

Kulap is just darling as always, in the way the she can make everyone listening and in the ep feel comfortable and guide everyone through it and sets up some incredible jokes. She is always a delight.

Jesus, Howard! DBS was ON FIRE in this ep. I was busting a gut at work from his lines, even the "we came from the sea" line got me real good. I was amazed by how on point Howard was in this episode, no lull he just kept killing it with joke after joke.

I will admit, today when I loaded up Stitcher and my pods were downloading I saw who the guest was and decided to not listen to it till later (WC is usually the first thing I listen to on my 6 am Wednesday shifts) but I was pleasantly surprised by it. This might be the episode of the year!

• Like 5

Howard's response to BBQ tofu and his Gallagher comment were both SO good.

It took me a second to warm up to the guest but he was pleasant and knowledgeable without being overly fanboyish.

• Like 1

What a TOUCHING episode!! They were ALL so gracious and c ool and funny to the guest, holy shit, i was beyond moved!! This is one of my favorite episodes now.

• Like 1

Stard On Michael Keaton: "He was in Beetlejuice by the way." Beautiful. Hank was great what a fun episode.

• Like 8

Stard should just be a co-host of this already, he is invaluable to the show now. Adds so much to the dynamic between How and Ku.

I agree with everything you said. And yes, Stard should be a regular host on Whooch and Twooch. I love his contributions and he has such a great relationship with Ku and Wie. I know this might be tough with how busy he is, but it would be great to hear more of him.

• Like 2

I agree with everything you said. And yes, Stard should be a regular host on Whooch and Twooch. I love his contributions and he has such a great relationship with Ku and Wie. I know this might be tough with how busy he is, but it would be great to hear more of him.

I've heard that Brett is slated to get his own mustard-themed podcast called "Mustalk", one of the flagship shows on Earwolf's new new sister network "Wolf Chow", debuting in 2016.

Totally agree with all the comments about Howard spitting fire in this episode.

Hank was great, and the vibe was very Twooch-esque thanks to having a guest who knows all the (non-douche) minutiae of the show.

• Like 4

Four things.

Hank for not a proven comedian was phenomenal. As a total fan of the show (which showed almost instantly) he was on track with everything that was going on a kept up with the crew so well, real good vibe.

Kulap is just darling as always, in the way the she can make everyone listening and in the ep feel comfortable and guide everyone through it and sets up some incredible jokes. She is always a delight.

Jesus, Howard! DBS was ON FIRE in this ep. I was busting a gut at work from his lines, even the "we came from the sea" line got me real good. I was amazed by how on point Howard was in this episode, no lull he just kept killing it with joke after joke.

It's like you took my thoughts, made them much more comprehensible than I would have, and posted them to this forum. I loved this episode so much! I felt like Hank was one of us- a very courteous fanboy/fangirl who got to appear on Who Charted. He definitely knew all the beats.

If Hank could only bring Birdman to the AMC in Rockford, IL...

• Like 2

I had a strange bit of chartronicity while I was listening on my way home from work... the literal second the words "Overland Park, Kansas" were said, I looked up from my steering wheel to see a Kansas license plate with Overland Park written on its frame. needless to say, I was pretty overwhelmed and slightly creeped out by the chances of that happening (considering I live in the middle of Texas)

aside from all that, this was a truly excellent episode. it was very touching when Hank was talking about his extremely progressive 7-year-old son listening to summah albums... I can't imagine how good that must have made Howard and Stard feel.

• Like 2

Stard is the official "third chair" of Who Charted. They should make him a full guest one week and put Cody on the 1's and 2's.

• Like 1

I had a strange bit of chartronicity while I was listening on my way home from work... the literal second the words "Overland Park, Kansas" were said, I looked up from my steering wheel to see a Kansas license plate with Overland Park written on its frame. needless to say, I was pretty overwhelmed and slightly creeped out by the chances of that happening (considering I live in the middle of Texas)

aside from all that, this was a truly excellent episode. it was very touching when Hank was talking about his extremely progressive 7-year-old son listening to summah albums... I can't imagine how good that must have made Howard and Stard feel.

I think it was at the start of this one that I had a similar life imitating art moment. I had just squirted some purel into my hands when Kulap said that Howard had just done the same, freaked me out completely

Howard stated that he's seen the part of Beetlejuice on regular TV with the singing. Isn't that the final part? I don't recall any other signing parts in the movie.

But, if you're trying to cut down on movie time, watching the last scene is a surefire way to do it.

To put is simply: great episode.

This guy came to play and I really hope he savored the experience. He has secret Earwolf knowledge!

And he didn't "stranger-danger-style" murder anyone (except surely during his road trips for work) and so we will continue to be heard, seen, and loved.

Howard stated that he's seen the part of Beetlejuice on regular TV with the singing. Isn't that the final part? I don't recall any other signing parts in the movie.

But, if you're trying to cut down on movie time, watching the last scene is a surefire way to do it.

How do you forget this?

• Like 3

Two things I was reminded of today that I wanted to mention:

- Howard's comment about not talking to a woman in two weeks because of Plug Life hit too close to home.

- Howard's reaction to the subject matter of Whiplash: "Come on."