πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 92 β€” Eat Over There

The always sharp Matt Besser of improv4humans joins Ronna & Beverly to tackle his issues with disgusting eaters. They also chat about the use of improv in many TV shows today, Monica Lewinsky being back in the news, duck penises, his upcoming Adult Swim infomercial parody β€œIn Search of Miracle Man” with Rich Fulcher, and the brand new UCB-Sunset theatre. Plus, Beverly tells us about her recent sugar fueled rampage on Halloween.

Long time listener, first timer R&B forum poster... Ronna & Bev, you are the greatest! You are icons of femininity and grace, and prove over and over that women are funny, if not hilarious. BUT, do we really have to let people (i.e: Dr. Besser) get away with being annoyed when others are eating?? Do you two really agree completely? It's one thing when someone is smacking, or eating with their mouth open, or slurping, but what if the eater is actually soundless? This is a constant argument in my home: I make my husband and myself dinner every night, and am really hungry by the time it's ready. He usually is still tweeting righteous hate by the time food is set down in front of him, so I start eating before him most nights, and can feel him getting angrier and furiouser and more rageful by the second, and I in turn begin to loathe him back. Just eat if you don't like the sound of others eating when you're not eating!! I feel that my husband is being a wa wa whiny baby pants when he gets huffy when i eat, and I think he's an ungrateful baby who's silly pet peeves need not be dignified with acceptance. I am especially against those with this annoyance as they tend to be the loudest eaters of all, and chew gum in bed all night, smacking in their sleep & snoring with their mouths open. Thoughts?

• Like 1

He usually is still tweeting righteous hate by the time food is set down in front of him, so I start eating before him most nights, and can feel him getting angrier and furiouser and more rageful by the second, and I in turn begin to loathe him back.

Let's calm down

• Like 1

Two heaters in a row. R&B are performing a B&E on my heart.

Β 

A bit of a sidenote: Matt Besser, outside of the UCB community, is hugely underrated. He is brilliant and I recommend that anyone interested in comedy pick up the UCB manual, even if you don't plan to ever perform comedy. Maybe he's not underrated, just underused; I think he deserves a way bigger role, like maybe as an asssshole boss or cool dad, in some huge project. Make him the fucking mayor in the new all-female Ghostbusters, I don't know. I'm saying this as someone who, when my friend Andrew G showed me AssssCat, wondered "who the fuck is this guy?" Matt Besser is the kind of comedian who grows on you quickly, and once you're in that vortex you can't really go back. If Scott is the den mother of comedy, then Matt is the improv alpha male. Sorry to Asssskiss like this, but it's how I really feel. I'd love an opportunity to interview Matt Besser, not even on any recording... I'd just love to chat with the guy for a couple of hours. And typing this just gave me a quick thought: interviewing Ronna and Beverly would be comedy heaven for me.

Β 

This is completely unrelated but I know Ronna and Beverly are in the same circles as these amazing comedians, so here's an interview with two ladies who really gave me some great insights into performing comedy:

Β 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this