🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 321 — Big Fat Voice

SNL Hall of Famer and Suburgatory’s Ana Gasteyer joins the first timer club and Intern Gino returns on this week’s Comedy Bean Bag! Ana tells us about her Broadway career post SNL, shares what her SNL dream cast would be, and plays a couple of tracks off her new record “I’m Hip.” Then, officer Jay Gutwill stops by to warn us and protect us from internet perverts. Plus, everyone shows off their pipes during a game of Riddle Me This!

Not even 12 hours ago I was telling my friend that Gino is one of my raves and faves from the past year, clearly I am super excited give this the ol' ear treatment.

• Like 5

I just re-listened to Tiny's and Victor's past two appearances, so I'm pretty much primed for more not hearing Gino talk and just getting water for the other guests!

• Like 6

congrats to scott for having the restraint to not talk about darrell hammond's cutting scars when he got brought up

• Like 5

Christ Almighty, I wish I was smart and knew why a podcast fails when downloading on my podcasts app. This episode has shown up in my subscriptions, but has failed out for the past two hours. I'm just listening to the soundcloud stream via the Earwolf website, but I usually switch to the download once it finally shows up so I can move around and not be dependent on MY WIFE-I.

• Like 2

Man Gabrus is just so darn quick. Between the uncle in the deli slicer and the Jay Mohr joke, he's on fire and I'm just getting started on this ep.

• Like 11

Christ Almighty, I wish I was smart and knew why a podcast fails when downloading on my podcasts app. This episode has shown up in my subscriptions, but has failed out for the past two hours.

You aren't at fault. There's an issue where metadata for the latest episode appears in Earwolf's feed (rss.earwolf.com) but attempting to download the audio file results in a 403 Forbidden error. If you view the CBB feed directly on SoundCloud (feeds.soundcloud.com), however, this episode doesn't even show up. This suggests there's a switch that needs to be flipped on SoundCloud to make private files public, and that switch is sometimes overlooked.

• Like 2

Christ Almighty, I wish I was smart and knew why a podcast fails when downloading on my podcasts app. This episode has shown up in my subscriptions, but has failed out for the past two hours. I'm just listening to the soundcloud stream via the Earwolf website, but I usually switch to the download once it finally shows up so I can move around and not be dependent on MY WIFE-I.

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.

• Like 1

Everyone was on fire in this episode.

Really liked Mookie's new charac and there was so much off mic laughter from Scott.

• Like 2

Not even 12 hours ago I was telling my friend that Gino is one of my raves and faves from the past year, clearly I am super excited give this the ol' ear treatment.

I am pumped too, I was just saying this past weekend that I could really use some CBB interns, either Gabrus or Lapkus Scottie gets us too addicted to one charac guest at a time and then we fiend for them when they're gone for a little while

• Like 2

This whole episode, I was just waiting for the 'closing up the plug bag' theme.

• Like 8

Gino is great, but Ana Gasteyer!?!? One of the all-time SNL greats. I haven't been this excited for a non- charac guest in a long time.

• Like 4

Haven't listened yet but pumped that Gino is back! Been waiting for him to show up again.

EDIT: That was a good show! </Tiny voice>

Loved Gino's reference to getting his story on The Moth. Also, Mookie, can you get your name legally changed? Every time I see your name I think of Spike Lee. Thanks.

• Like 2

I love that when bigger SNL stars come on the show, they think that, although they're having a ton of fun and laughing a lot, the show is going terribly. (I'm thinking of Andy "Can a Podcast Get Cancelled?" Samberg here as well.) They're so used to high production values and jokes being refined by writers that they don't quite get that fucking around and getting lost in diversions is the show.

Gabrus is pretty astounding. Both of his impromptu stories about how his uncles died could have been stand-up bits written in advance. So quick and so sharp.

Has Scott had enough of Riddle Me This? Despite shutting it down early, I thought it was going pretty well this time! Gabrus and Gasteyer understood it clean out of the gate.

• Like 6

Has Scott had enough of Riddle Me This? Despite shutting it down early, I thought it was going pretty well this time! Gabrus and Gasteyer understood it clean out of the gate.

Gosh I hope so.

• Like 2

You aren't at fault. There's an issue where metadata for the latest episode appears in Earwolf's feed (rss.earwolf.com) but attempting to download the audio file results in a 403 Forbidden error. If you view the CBB feed directly on SoundCloud (feeds.soundcloud.com), however, this episode doesn't even show up. This suggests there's a switch that needs to be flipped on SoundCloud to make private files public, and that switch is sometimes overlooked.

Hey Dan,

This has been happening with other shows besides CBB. Soundcloud has a switch to include eps in their RSS feed and occasionally Soundcloud decides to uncheck the switch after I'm all done uploading. I'm sure this is due to Soundcloud getting so many updates lately but I'm not really sure.

-J

having grown-up in the area, it is scary how on point the heavy majority of Gino's stories are. it would surprise me if half the people in attendance of a show at jones beach theater were NOT chasing their percosets with mike's hard lemonade.

• Like 4

Started at the beginning, now we're here. -Gino

Just looked at the photos from this episode. Ana's hair is so fucking fly.

• Like 7

good show all around! ana was a great guest and i love that Scout loved her music. "Oh yeaah this is riiight up my alley." As far as riddle me this, i have grown to love it I just feel it has gotten to the point where Scott is quick to abandon it. This one ended really fast and the actual riddles were not too great :D i must point out, i love that Gino could have just aid WOODy Allen for his brown answer but went to Doody. also, bonus points anytime Scott busts out his Woody impression.

Speaking of "points" Gino's Chris Hardwick line was hilarious.

• Like 1

One of Gino's best yet. I loved his just-barely-in-character ribbing of Scott.

When is Gino getting a podcast? At the very least a parody of that "Nerdist Interns" thing Nerdist used to do.

• Like 2

When Ana said "it's a litmus test for how much of a J-hole you are" i LOST MY MIND. I have been saying "J-hole" for "a-hole" ever since I heard it in one of the Culps sketches. (The ones where she plays a singing middle school teachers with Ron Burgundy)

Anyway it made me so happy. Back to the episode! iTunes download is working now, fwiw. Thanks for flipping those switches :)

• Like 3

I absolutely loved today's ep. Ana was a great first time guest, funny, quick, and willing to play along. Gino was great as always (his Chris Hardwick Weight Watchers joke had me cracking up and had people staring at me on the subway) and Mookie's new character was great as well. The only thing that kept it from being perfect was Riddle Me This, but it seems that Scott has finally realized that it doesn't work, which is great

I like even the bad Riddle Me Thises. It reminds me a bit of the early days of the podcast when guests would rail against the perfectly fair and clearly stated rules of Would You Rather.

• Like 2

Plugs theme is finally really starting to take shape. Can't wait to hear it next week.

• Like 2

Ana Gasteyer's SNL announcing was great too. Has to throw that in.

• Like 4