🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 321 — Big Fat Voice

Man, I would love to see a return of Jukebox Jury. I got into CBB right around the time it fizzled out. Always wished I could submit a song for Scotty to groan at.

I didn't listen to all of the old ones, but one of the only jukebox jury's I can remember had Benny Schwaz as the guest. His reactions to the song "My Shorty's Taller Than Me" killed me, listened to that moment of the episode like 40 times

Only JUST finished this episode this morning! (Stupid working to earn a living getting int he way of my podcast listening!)

Just so much great stuff in this one! Agree with everyone about how quick Gabrus is! Gino is a definite favourite character of mine!

But there's lots to love in this one including the first on-air podcast arrest! And I love how Ana and Scott were just so genuinely having fun with it all.

That's how I measure these things; if everyone is having fun and laughing, the odds are I am too.

• Like 1

I don't want to give up on Riddle Me This! I even just want to hear it done really well one more time. It's kind of fun to watch it crash and burn, too, but when approached properly (like the first few times it was done), it can be a riot.

I guess the question is how to communicate to the guests that the game can have no energy or room for growth if everyone immediately goes to a long, rambly non sequitur.

It's got a great theme song, too!

I wish Gabrus had the time to be on CBB full-time as Gino. He never tries to dominate the show, but he's so quick with a one-liner response, and I feel like he breaks Scott so often, he's the perfect "radio sidekick".

• Like 1

He never tries to dominate the show

Huh? There were times during this episode where Ana could barely get a word in edgewise, to the point where Scott more or less broke character to suggest Gino ease up.

I agree with Dan. Gino's whole shtick seems to be that he interrupts constantly, then apologizes for interrupting.

It's funny, but he definitely dominates the show when he's on.