🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
derekahc

Next Episode Idea

Decided to look up Larry Mullen Sr's boy because of the physical release's album cover, and the second result to come up was "Larry Mullen Jr. Net Worth". I think going over the net worth of each of the four members of the rock band U2 would be a great way to learn a little about them (plus it would help the listeners really nail down the band member names).

The other day I was re-listening to an episode and thought it'd be fun if Scott and Scott discussed something like Zooropa role playing as themselves at the age right when it came out. Then I realized that this idea is probably ridiculous, unsustainable, way too high concept, and not even good.

I'm super eager for the U2 tour to start because they will then have be able to create that from-the-concert podcast.

Also, totally into them just sitting down with any comedian and talking U2 with them. Like Howard Kremer.

Also up for the Naomi and Kulap special, if that can ever happen.

What about a Christmas episode? Discuss "It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" and any of their numerous live Christmas song performances? I'm also still wondering what happened on the walk home from the record store that Christmas Scott bought "The Unforgettable Fire."

The Scotts must be crazy busy right now. But I hope to hear one of these soon!

• Like 1

What about a Christmas episode? Discuss "It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" and any of their numerous live Christmas song performances? I'm also still wondering what happened on the walk home from the record store that Christmas Scott bought "The Unforgettable Fire."

Weirdly, the two most notable Christmas songs featuring Bono have also been covered/parodied by Scott himself - "Halloween (ET Please Phone Home)" and the CDR all-stars version of "Do They Know it's Christmas?" The latter is particularly relevant now that there's been a 30th anniversary edition released, and apparently the lyrics to Bono's line have been changed.

Looking back at the new episodes and how they were so relative to their lives it made me feel like the first couple episodes were them simply testing the waters - they should do an throwback to some of their older albums in the newer episodes to give them a fair amount of ridicule compared to the other albums

also, the commentary episode is hilarious. you should do a commentary episode about the commentary episode

yes that Naomi and Kulap ep NEEDS to happen.

I've always thought a good ep would be where they tackle U2's guest appearances on other people's music. For example, Wyclef did a remix with Bono a long time ago. i was also watching something where Wyclef was performing and brought the Edge up to play along, plus the Edge has been on some of his albums. Bono has also collaborated with K'naan. I'm sure there's a ton of other songs that I'd love to hear their take on.

Lots of things to choose from.

When the Scotts have a little more time on their hands and can record more than just special event episodes, I'd really love to hear them go through the albums they tore through in the first episode one-by-one.

Maybe this would be insufferable for Kulap--or borderline redundant if there is a Kulap and Naomi episode (I want that so bad!)--but I was thinking a crossover with Who Charted? (Howie seems to know a thing or two about U2), where the Scotts count down the charts of their top 5 U2 songs would be an intense, sprawling delight.

• Like 1

I would love another episode (wolfpop!) because I read a headline about a live U2 performance occurring today in Times Square, and it said the band is fronted by Bruce Springsteen and Chris Martin and I had no idea that those two were in U2.

Amy Poehler should be on CBB sometime soon for the season premier of Parks and Recreation, as she usually does, so maybe when she is at the Earwolf studios, she could do a quick interview for UTU2TM about sitting on Bono and crying in his arms. I'd love to know what she was thinking then.

Sign in to follow this