🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend

SERIOUS QUESTION:

if i review this show on internet tunes, should i do it in the voice of the show and the forums or should i make a desperate plea that it's actually funny and we're not just a bunch of smarmos being sarcastic to each other, and actually love each other, at least i think we do

never do anything in the voice of the show, thats what the show is for

• Like 6

Half Irish, half Scottish. 100% hereditary alcoholism. Stereotypes abound.

Longshoreman selfie:

20141105_1133082.jpg

I also inherited alcoholism. It's like the worst / just fine... depending on which cycle of denial i'm in.

• Like 2

never do anything in the voice of the show, thats what the show is for

if we're supposed to be 100% sincere on the forums i have been doing it VERY wrong and may have drastically misread the vibe

• Like 4

Thanks.

Sure.

Here's a poster thing I did. Stop Breathin' is a Pavement song.

c118e94db9eeb1ca253be9814d02ff72.jpg

Here's an illustration.

OTWkqoA.jpg

I won a competition with this one.

4870639d1821152677f9680ccb18e3b5.jpg

Here's something I did especially for this show.

kYYmpFt.jpg

Sorry for such a long post.

This stuff is nice.

If you move to Cincinnati and want a job look me up. We're called peanut butter and jelly.

• Like 1

ps Thanks anastasia for trying to spice things up around here!!! I feel like the last round of shirts was pretty boss too. from that one dude who never responded to me.

I speak with my likes, but what I meant in words was: yes, absolutely. I'm always up for a collabo and love to give effusive, inarticulate feedback on people's work. Hit me up. Hollywood Handbook themed collabos are especially appealing. I would do anything to help this show. If my amateur graphic design skills can be of some marketable use, all the better. I genuinely think it is a crime against humanity that this show is not more popular, let alone respected by the advertisers--though WTF with Marc Maron do I know... This is the only podcast whose ads I won't fast forward through. That means something and it isn't simply respect. The ads are part of the show, they are indispensable and memorable and, even more stunningly, consistent within the HH brand/canon/whatever. That's an incredible achievement. I'm a huge fan of CBB and U2 and i4h and NNF, but I want to listen to their ads like I want a Mouse Skellington for a roommate or a big wet kissy from a Frankingsteins. That means something. The level of interaction on this forum means something. (Hint: €€€€€€££££££)

I don't know where that tangent came from. Please resume funny joke tone.

• Like 4

Could all the people posting photos showing how attractive or talented they are please be a little more considerate? It makes the useless uggos here feel bad.

(Not talking about me, more like Chanson etc)

• Like 12

As a personal project I think we should all, AS A TEAM, try to come up with a euphemism for the male thing as perfectly weird as "nanayno" for the girl thing

Some possibilities:

Slippy

Dodongo

Peenerpop

Mr. Nanayno

I like the starfox and zelda references.

• Like 2

if we're supposed to be 100% sincere on the forums i have been doing it VERY wrong and may have drastically misread the vibe

its not either be sincere all the time on the forums or parrot the show, you can be insincere in your own way~

• Like 3

Could all the people posting photos showing how attractive or talented they are please be a little more considerate? It makes the useless uggos here feel bad.

(Not talking about me, more like Chanson etc)

It's hard to get a good read, but I think everyone else here is already friends? So to ingratiate myself, I hereby pledge not to post anything which would show how attractive and talented I am. And also good at sports. Oh, and is Chanson bad or something? Because he's the only one who has replied to me.

• Like 7

I could explain what it's about but I don't want to waste your time. It's summed up as smart people trying to make good work for terrible mid west clients... So basically it's like exactly like you would imagine trying to work in the creative industry in the 'midwest'

...I would imagine that clients are terrible everywhere. Anytime a creative person is getting paid it's usually by a not creative person (hence the payment) that ultimately is in charge of the content/thing being created. I think that's pretty standard for creative industries. That's why I didn't become an architect.

I get the feeling (and know enough people who can attest) that Microsoft or Starbucks are probably just as soul-crushing to work for as Procter & Gamble. And if one looks at their ads, Google and Apple or most other "cool" coastal companies are no better (I would venture to say they may be worse because of how tightly they seem to want to control their image).

• Like 3

First of all, Showshowbro, your dog is adorable. What's his or her name? Does he or she like fishing? I listened to Tiger Scout Radio and loved it! Garage rock and comedy are two of my favorite things. I listened to the 10/18 episode and enjoyed every song you played.

Burdrulz, you make some seriously beautiful videos! I can't wait to see the completed web series. By the way (to support Chanson's point), I work for a supposedly creative and fun place to work and I hate my job. Each day it takes me great effort not to become a cutter just so I can feel a different kind of pain. Needless to say, I'm in a slump and need to shake up my life a bit. So, I think I'll relate to your show.

Finally, Chanson is a nice and funny guy with great wisdom and insight into life. But sometimes he can be a little salty. I hope Chanson and BRRII keep journals about their tanksgiving time together and then post them here.

• Like 4

I landed a jingle for a eukanuba dog food commercial and the lawyers took out 95% of the funny puns.

I was pretty sad about it…’til I cashed the check and took my baby girl to Zales.

So either way, I’m eating a fifty dollar steak, right?? And I’m thinking – WHERE DO I MAIL THESE BALLER CHRISTMAS PREZZIES I GOT FOR S + H ?? Srsly tho, all I need is an address and roughly 5-7 business days.

KK LAST THING

I didn’ brag this on the social media, but I figured some of you might be as obsessed with these dudes as I am so check this gem –

I got my good neighbor on fleek about a week ago.

2lkuvxw.png

I’ve got a pretty solid contingency for becoming friends with them that involves homemade coupons and I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Like 4

I wasn't going to say anything at first because I am new but it's becoming pretty clear to me that I am the oldest person in the room. As such, I feel like it is my job to weigh in with some advice. Talking about a woman's "taters" and saying that her buttocks resemble a peach is not "rad" or "boss." You might want to look up "objectification" in the dictionary. Those terms take a woman's body parts, which, yes, are technically already objects, and makes them sound like other objects - specifically, fruits and vegetables, which are delicious and not at all ethically troublesome to eat. A woman is not made of fruits and vegetables! She is made of meat! Human meat! I don't want to go so far as to say that Sean and Hayes are promoting cannibalism, but they have definitely taken a big step down that road and I hope they haven't dragged you kids along with them. Sorry if telling the truth isn't "cool." I'm going to keep listening, but you are all on thin ice with me.

• Like 12

I'm the guy who followed you on Instagram just now, brgrho. I now understand your name, also. Also, I liked a photo of yours that you took from a plane as you landed in Boston because I have pretty much the exact same photo on my instagram, and I thought that was weird, also, also.

PS: Thanks, burdrulz! Your videos are v cool.

• Like 3

OH THANKS ANASTASIA!!!! His name is JACK and HE LOOOOVES to come fishing with me.

Someone earlier asked about his breed and he’s half german shepard half rottweiler.

PS.

Ya burdrulz web series is gonna be rad. Hopefully we can all get pyrotechnics credits. I really like the music in the freezer scene. What band is that Josh??

Also, do you know band called ‘Leggy’ ‘cause they’re from cincinnatti and they seem cool and we’re playing with them this week..

Oh yeah and I’m MoNSTERTRUX4LIF3Bro on instagram

• Like 4

Charlie and Burdrulz I guess it's time for me to admit my crushes on you boys. It's mostly sexual but I do enjoy your creative sides and find them attractive also. Do u guys have tinder? I don't think ur in my 100 mile radius but I'm gonna keep trying! Even if it kills me. Hey, Bob Marley died from toe cancer, I'm sure swiping for the like can't be too good for my thumb!

Charlie, I recently became hip to "fleek" about a week agoooooo(bobby shmurda ref +2 points for me) and I was wondering if you actually use it or its ironiconicolonical? I know what it means tho cause I only date 19 year old babes. Congrats on the Kibble cash.

Burdrulz, make sure u let us all know when the series drops so we can give it the HHForum bump.

Ana, I'm not gonna answer any of ur silly questions because 1.) don't have parents(they wouldn't understand anyway) 2.) one time I hit a kid with my car while he was riding his bike so I threw him a pack of smokes and hopefully he got addicted cause then when he dies he would think of me and I like that kinda stuff. 3.) I'm working on a project but I ran out of glue so this poster board is never gonna get filled correctly and it probably won't place in th science fair so fuggit.

• Like 6

Hey man.

Shit. Sorry. I'm trying to sort out who is popular and influential here, and I feel like I'm already screwing up big time. This is just like high school all over again.

• Like 1

And yea Andrew! It did deserve more likes!!! When I thought of it I loffed a lot. So if it makes me log it has to be good!!! These people are fucking jokes man, meanwhile I'm tellin jokes. U see what's goin on here. Some flat circle type stuff. This is being written in microscopic text so I have no idea if what I'm typing is gonna work. Feedback plz.... And that doesn't mean crank up ur amp!Oh and ur post about people pictures was my first forum LOL of the week so I think we deserve each other.

• Like 3

Shit. Sorry. I'm trying to sort out who is popular and influential here, and I feel like I'm already screwing up big time. This is just like high school all over again.

[Pulls you in real close and whispers. Whispers way, way too close to your ear. It's barely audible and you can almost taste my lunch on my hot breath] Pretend you're funny that's what I do

Just kidding no one's too cool for anyone here.

• Like 6

[Pulls you in real close and whispers. Whispers way, way too close to your ear. It's barely audible and you can almost taste my lunch on my hot breath] Pretend you're funny that's what I do

Just kidding no one's too cool for anyone here.

If you say so. I just don't want to be stuck eating lunch with the goth kids for another four fucking years.

• Like 3

Don't worry spunky, if anything me and the burnouts will take u in. We know all the cool kids and they like us but we don't even really hang out with them. (They're kinda snobbish)

• Like 1