🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend

Reading this thread on my chromebook in the bathroom. As long as we're sharing and being a little sincere I got a master's degree in May, not having paid a cent of tutition, because my employer is a private university with sweet benefits. So yeah, I'd like to brag on that. You all seem like excellent people, including Chanson, and this forum is the best

Good ep - I was afraid that the Paul Scheer one was going to become a lost ep and we would never get to be thrilled and spooked by tales of skellingtons and Van Helsings. Thank goodness

• Like 12

Sean, I'm not sure how I feel about you putting our private phone conversation on the Internet, but I won't bust your chops because you and Hayes had a really heartfelt conversation afterward. And KyoChon was DA BOMB, am I right?

Anyhoo, get back to your mother and I on whether you're bringing a +1 to Thanksgiving dinner. We need a final headcount before Adam Sachs and I leave on our turkey hunting trip this weekend. Love you, champ!

• Like 11

I farted laughing when Los Lonely Boys started playing.

And didn't stop farting til the read through was over.

• Like 5

Why has my character come up for debate? I think I made it very clear that I am super nice and treasured by most of the people in my life. I don't know why we have to keep having this discussion.

When BRRII and I meet up for beers he'll tell you all about how magnanimous and likable of a guy I am. Several of you are even Facebook friends with me and can attest to this fact already.

Fucking shit you people are difficult.

• Like 2

Big week for Boy Genie baby! Listened at work today, told a lady the goo fighters/ foo foo dolls story, she loffed and said i was random (RANDOM HUMOUR GETTIN THE LADIES WET). Thhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeen I got the pro version and a great prize. Im not gonna lie to you guys, hearing my name go out to what i can only imagine is millions and millions of people gave me an erection. Then getting a skellington kiss from buscemi made me very scared and sad and i had to call my mom to come pick me up. My stepdad told me skellingtons are only bones and not to be afraid but hes an idiot and I hate him

EDIT: I was also very excited by the lacrosse reference in the script. need more lax in this show am i right bros?

• Like 8

I rate this podcast 10/10 because I am an HUGE Evan's Essence fan.

• Like 6

RIP Bozos. He was good. I think he liked basketball or something, I was never sure, but then he rebranded as just Bozos. RIP.

Turns out I was just having a loff and I am still alive. So do not be scared, this is real Bozos and not a ghost come to haunt the forums put a spook into your souls. I'll put those rumors to bed to do a big sleepie right now.

Great posts this week everybody I have been liking like a madman but still have some left I think. There definitely shouldn't be a like restriction on the forums but at least they give us a whole bunch. Posts have been so good sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough to be here and I should just end it all. And that let's you know I am alive because ghosts can't contemplate suicide (probably).

• Like 4

Because like a peach indeed. So I donated a hundo big ones to the show and I'm still waiting for my shoutout or at the bee least pro version. I had to work a bunch of double shifts at the dumpster yards to afford it too... I'm hopeful though that if a farm orphan can get to where Sean is, maybe I can too.

Hey Chanson

• Like 8

I'm not sure what this says about me, but I absolutely lost my shizznits at the abortion scene being compared to the chest-hair waxing montage from 40 Year Old Virgin

• Like 5

I did not like that So I Married An Van Helsing: A Skellington's Kiss included so many scenes with people talking about how college is difficult. It felt like Paul Scheer was a hypocrite because he wanted shows to not talk down to their audience. Once was fine and seemed like he wanted to be relatable and truly understood the struggle, but twice and it really seemed like having that in there was patronizing. Not all of us can be coastal snobs with a high quality private schooling so some of have a tough time with pop quizzes.

I am sorry to say it, but it made me real pissed.

• Like 1

It's Wednesday the nineteenth of November and today I listened to Episode 59 "Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend" of the podcast Hollywood Handbook and I enjoyed it.

• Like 8

I just went to look through photos to see if there was one I could post of a family member, but I ended up looking at old photos of myself for an hour instead.

• Like 8

Great posts this week everybody I have been liking like a madman but still have some left I think. There definitely shouldn't be a like restriction on the forums but at least they give us a whole bunch. Posts have been so good sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough to be here and I should just end it all. And that let's you know I am alive because ghosts can't contemplate suicide (probably).

I feel the same way, Bozos. But it's nice to be on this forum with people who challenge me...

...to end it all.

But really tho, I'm a funnier more creative person in real life because of you all...

...and how I steal your jokes.

• Like 3

was like "Malala... who is that. the name has buzz but i cant place it" and then either hayes of sean mentions the nobel peace prize and i'm like "sean or hayes, what you said is so messed up and twisted, but funny as heck"

• Like 3

I just went to look through photos to see if there was one I could post of a family member, but I ended up looking at old photos of myself for an hour instead.

same

• Like 1

As a personal project I think we should all, AS A TEAM, try to come up with a euphemism for the male thing as perfectly weird as "nanayno" for the girl thing

Some possibilities:

Slippy

Dodongo

Peenerpop

Mr. Nanayno

he get sad cause I do hit him a lot with rolled up magazine and he cries.

I buss up loffing every time I read this part, this deserved more likes MBOP.

• Like 3

SERIOUS QUESTION:

if i review this show on internet tunes, should i do it in the voice of the show and the forums or should i make a desperate plea that it's actually funny and we're not just a bunch of smarmos being sarcastic to each other, and actually love each other, at least i think we do

• Like 4

Um, guys, this forum is feeling dry as a bone recently.

My life is currently unbearable and I've been using this forum (and beers) to escape into a fantasy world. Thus, we need to spice this place up a bit so I don't have to think about my shitty real life. Here are my suggestions for some fun ways to get this pot boiling:

1.) Post a photo of your stepmom or stepdad.

2.) Tell a traumatic story from your childhood.

3.) Share a project that you're working on (even if it's just a nugget of an idea)

What do you think?

1. I don't have a step mom or dad, my mom and dad are just my mom and dad.

2. One time I got hit by a car on my bike, and the dude was so nervous that like someone saw it happen that he gave me the rest of his cigarettes. I was like 14... So this was a weird thing for him to do, however I was so stoked I got cigarettes. I bragged about this story for way to long until I realized how dumb I was for bragging about it.

3. So I hesitate to share this because I know this is going to be something that is going to be FAR over saturated soon but my friends and I have been trying to hack away at a web series this past summer / fall. We've got six episodes written and two shot, but it's been like crazy as hell trying to organize everything.

I could explain what it's about but I don't want to waste your time. It's summed up as smart people trying to make good work for terrible mid west clients... So basically it's like exactly like you would imagine trying to work in the creative industry in the 'midwest'

Here's some screen shots from Episode two

ScreenShot2014-10-14at31012PM.png

ScreenShot2014-10-14at24824PM1.png

We've got some test stuff edited too, but it's nothing substantial or in context. Just to see like look tone and feel kind of.

https://vimeo.com/108359999

password: crotchshot

https://vimeo.com/110165286

password: mongoose

(I probably shouldn't be posting these but whatever)

This is actually why I've kind of been MIA on the forums, that and there is all these new people that don't like my posts and it scares me and makes me feel old and even more not funny than I am....... :(

ps Thanks anastasia for trying to spice things up around here!!! I feel like the last round of shirts was pretty boss too. from that one dude who never responded to me.

• Like 12