🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 1 — Public Domain with Paul F. Tompkins

#2 on iTunes, right behind Serial!

Thank you all *so much* for listening! xoxo!

Congratulations, I wonder how long this would be if it was edited... but i am glad we didn't get to miss any. looking forward for more

So glorious to be able to be here on the ground floor. The back half of this one, in particular, had me laughing a ton.

Can't wait to see what the coming weeks bring!

Thank you all *so much* for listening! xoxo!

It's her! She's here!

swoon.gif

• Like 10

I thought I was clever coming up with "Lapkast", came in here and saw it a few times already. *shrug*

Thanks to this podcast I now know how to gauge a make out session, how to tell if someone is watching me, how to steal from a business, and how to (possibly) murder an elderly person.

Uh, dude, I don't think you were supposed to hear any of those parts...

The census says LA has 3,462,202 'housing units'. Assuming each has one door and the mayor spends fifteen minutes begging at each that's a little under 99 years of straight groveling.

• Like 6

I was so confused by the title of this podcast.

Seriously I had to listen to the intro twice just to understand it :D . Lapkus owns, PFT owns, this podcast will own.

I was thinking that this tattoo could be interpreted as Calvin showing his apparent disrespect for toilet use by peeing in one. Or maybe to fully express that it would have to be Calvin peeing on Calvin peeing in a toilet?

calvin-peeing-600x463.jpg

Was that the sticker Phillippe had on his car, where part two is Calvin washing his hands with the same facial expression?

http://achewood.com/...p?date=07252005 (Sorry for link, I couldn't paste the image)

J.W. Stillwater must look just like PFT, cuz Traci kept trying to start a sentiment-off. She musta been so confused when PFT didn't take the bait.

• Like 1

Obviously cut this, but I really couldn't stand the snooty liberal Hollywood politics that pervaded this episode, and it made me want to go murder some people! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR TRAFFIC PROBLEMS, PAUL!

This was awesome, awesome, awesome. I'm really excited to hear where this podcast goes, and find out what happens with this fascinating traffic situation!

Hilarious podcast, excellent concept.

• Like 1

I really hope someone with the talent and where-with-all for audio editing takes this podcast and creates a cut-down version with all the requested edits. I would love to hear what that sounds like.

• Like 2

Earwolf is THE podcast pusher. I can remember a time when I had never even heard of Lauren Lapkus. Now, my Fridays will not be complete without this show. Earwolf continues to introduce me to hilarious new talent, proceeds to get me addicted to hearing these people, and then gives them their own weekly podcasts....STOP RUINING MY LIFE, EARWOLF!!!!!

• Like 2

Somebody should go in and edit out all the parts when they say "edit this out"... then we can listen to a 15 minute version of the podcast and it have it make zero sense.

• Like 2

Loved this episode, and I think the format is great. I really enjoyed Andy Daly's podcast earlier in the year but though it had a few episodes that I'm still listening to, I think it sometimes suffered from having Andy's more out-there characters operating without a check, so that the Don Dimelo/Bill Carter/Chip Gardner eps just spiraled too far out to work bc Andy was both host and the weirdest guy in the room. This lets Lapkus do her thing without having to also handle the additional burden of keeping everything straight.

• Like 1