๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 98 โ€” LOL: LIVE!

I am honestly puzzled by the disdain for some of the guests. I absolutely adore Pete Holmes and have always found Rob Huebel and Chelsea Peretti quite hilarious, whether it's on film, on podcasts, or their own comedy shenanigans. It was a special treat, for me at least, to have Peretti on this podcast because I just watched her special on Netflix and really enjoyed it, not to mention that I've watched every episode of Brooklyn 99. Sure, I would have loved to hear Jason's reaction to chicken-finger(ing) and family group bathing, but I loved the guests on this episode. I do agree that no one was served by the comparatively low caliber of audience questions, which are usually a highlight of the live shows, but I thought the illogical shitfest that is 'LOL' was well-dissected.

• Like 8

Didn't say she wasn't funny, just that I was bugged by the "hm hm hm hm!" laugh after pretty much everything she says.

Didn't say she wasn't funny, just that I was bugged by the "hm hm hm hm!" laugh after pretty much everything she says.

ย 

shut the fuck up, dude.

• Like 2

ย 

wow, then you should definitely never listen to her podcast... she laughs at herself almost constantly and it's fucking phenomenal.

ย 

ย 

I've noticed lots of people in the forums have criticized comedians like Natasha, Pete, Gabrus and Pepitone of similar behavior, but I truly don't get it... the notion that, as a person whose well-being revolves around saying things that are comical, you can never audibly find something you say yourself to be humorous is just absurd. there's something to be said for comedians that play it deadpan, but not everyone has or wants to have that kind of deliberate self-control.

• Like 6

ย 

shut the fuck up, dude.

ย 

Chill out, homedogg.

ย 

wow, then you should definitely never listen to her podcast... she laughs at herself almost constantly and it's fucking phenomenal.

ย 

I do listen to her podcast, and it doesn't bother me there. Weird, maybe it was just the HDTGM setting.

• Like 1

ย 

I recommend you watch her special "One of the Greats"on Netflix, it really made me appreciate her unique brand of Female Comedy.

ย 

Or as others might call it: Comedy.

• Like 8

There was also another American French movie re-make by the same director called Jungle to Jungle. Both versions are terrible (the French version slightly less than the American remake) and ripe for HDTGM treatment.

ย 

Additionally, the director of The Vanishing (or "Spooloos," a Dutch-French production) did an American version of his landmark, Criterion Collection-inclusive film with a toothless alternate "uplifting" ending.

ย 

The takeaway here seems to be that we Americans have to pay the price for these shitty remakes because we hate reading subtitles.

Yeah, The Vanishing is what sprang to mind for me. Great original, terrible remake.

ย 

The king of bad French-to-English remakes, by far, has to be Luc Besson (though they don't usually have the same directors, at least).

CORRECTION: I'm in a graduate program where I'm reading the DSM V for fun for homework, so I consider myself somewhat of an expert on this....I hate to break it to you, but smoking marijuana actually CAN trigger the onset of schizophrenia! It won't CAUSE schizophrenia in someone who's not already predisposed to the illness, but if you're around the average age of onset, getting high can actually trigger the beginning of the illness. Who knew this godawful movie could actually teach us something?

• Like 2

I've noticed lots of people in the forums have criticized comedians like Natasha, Pete, Gabrus and Pepitone of similar behavior, but I truly don't get it... the notion that, as a person whose well-being revolves around saying things that are comical, you can never audibly find something you say yourself to be humorous is just absurd. there's something to be said for comedians that play it deadpan, but not everyone has or wants to have that kind of deliberate self-control.

ย 

But there is also a difference between laughing at what you said, and the gross forced laughter some of them feel has to punctuate every sentence.

• Like 2

ย 

But there is also a difference between laughing at what you said, and the gross forced laughter some of them feel has to punctuate every sentence.

I don't know what the fuck you mean "forced laughter"?? are you in the room with them? fuck off, I don't understand "comedy fans" with no sense of humor or joy that can't comprehend comedians having a good time

• Like 2

I don't know what the fuck you mean "forced laughter"?? are you in the room with them? fuck off, I don't understand "comedy fans" with no sense of humor or joy that can't comprehend comedians having a good time

ย 

No need to be so hostile! And c'mon, "forced laughter" is not an unusual thing to encounter during a podcast (or any sort of verbal communication, for that matter). I adore Gabrus/Peretti/Holmes and I'm not saying they're guilty of forcing artificial laughter into their schtick, but it's certainly happens with some folks more than others and it's annoying as hell. I can't tolerate @midnight for that very reason, despite it being loaded with so many amazing guests.

• Like 2

I was just reading through all these comments and I really think this movie may be tearing us apart....

ย 

Do you guys want the French to win? We can't let that happen!

• Like 5

I was just reading through all these comments and I really think this movie may be tearing us apart....

ย 

Do you guys want the French to win? We can't let that happen!

I've noticed that for some reason there's something about the live episodes lately that makes people that have apparently been registered here for a long time that have only had a handful of posts chime in and start complaining. Holy shit, there's always a lot of good discussions going on in these pages, but a guest's annoying laugh or bad sound quality is what wakes them up? This is what happens when Jason and June aren't there, guys!

• Like 3

Forgive me if they brought this up and I just missed it, but I would have loved to hear them talk about the fact that when the mother was looking for the chicken, she checked the microwave. Twice. Two times. The microwave. Because we have all accidentally misplaced a chicken in the microwave, right?

ย 

Which only reminded me of this:

ย 

Also, I suppose audience questions such as these are what happens when Jason isn't around to put the audience in their place.

• Like 3

I'm a forums member who's been here forever and never posts, and I'm just here to say this episode was great and the guests were a delight. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Like 7

Okay, seeing as the original thread isn't being implemented, I'm going to post some of my thoughts on this shit pie of a movie that I made over there, for those unfamiliar with the other thread, I will be using the names "Shit Dick 1, 2 and 3"

ย 

Shit Dick 1 - The nerdy guy with the muscle suit

Shit Dick 2 - Miley's ex-boyfriend

Shit Dick 3 - Miley's new boyfriend

ย 

1 - In the first 30 minutes of the movie, people left somewhere 24 times! LOL should mean "Lots of Leaving"

ย 

2 - The Chickenfucker saw Shit Dick 1 was wearing the same shirt as the guy on the webcam, and immediately thought "better suck his dick!" Seemingly not realising that shirt manufacturers make more than one shirt.

ย 

3 - Who was looking after the little brother during the Paedophillic, Lesbian Three Way Bathroom Time? He just appeared the next scene.

ย 

4 - The Police in the movie are portrayed as being corrupt as a motherfucker! The detective gives Demi his helmet (that's what she said), and then Demi said "Don't you need one", and the Cop shows up and says "Hello... Detective", seemingly turning a blind eye to it. However, there are no Helmet laws in Illinois, so there was litereally ZERO need for the cop to say that. The Detective could have said "It's Illinois, there are no helmet laws". Now, I've seen "Let's Be Cops", so I don't think either were cops in the first place, I think he got the black guy to put on a uniform and said "Let's game on some bitches at the Court House, they're vunerable!" and Demi fell for it.

ย 

5 - Whilst the Chickenfucker was trying to suck the Algebra Teacher's dick, it was revealed that she was pretty much a straight A student. So why didn't the Algebra teacher say "You don't need tutoring, if you want to suck my dick, just say"

ย 

6 - When they're looking at "The Post It's" ass in the locker room, my eyes must suck, because she had no ass to look at!

ย 

7 - Where were the other bands from this Battle of the Bands? I don't think there was one, I think Shit Dick 2 & 3 got one of their Shit Dick cohorts to just jump on stage after they finished playing their shitty song to say "Man! Fuck this shit, all the other bands just quit because of how good The Shit Dicks are! So the Shit Dicks are the winners!"

ย 

8 - At the end of the movie, when the so called "Detective" (although I still have my doubts) was on the Police boat with Demi, the only thing I could think about is "Why has he got access to the boat?" He's supposed to be a Detective, he's supposed to figure murders out, not piss arse about on a fucking boat. Unless it's "Knight Boat; The Crime Solving Boat" from The Simpsons, that motherfucker should be on dry land, trying to figure murders out. It's Illinois, there's a lot of murders there.

ย 

9 - Maybe Shit Dick 3's dad isn't so abusive when you factor in the simple fact that his son is an unrelenting scrotum whilst getting bad grades. On top of that, instead of studying, he's piss arsing about in his shitty band, whilst figuring out new ways to act like a scrotum to his parents. So, maybe his Dad is just sick of his shit.

ย 

10 - Back to the Chicken fucking, two thoughts. When the chicken was in the little brother's room. Why did the mother get immediately enraged when she saw the chicken in his room? Surely a simple "Why is this Chicken in your room?" would have cleared the matter up pretty sharpish. Not only that, Shit Dick 1 would have told one of his friends about the girl who started playing with her pussy on webcam for seemingly no apparent reason! She had that Chicken ready for that moment, so this is a premeditated plan of sexual deviancy! The dirty bitch!

ย 

11 - When Shit Dick 1 dances in the bathroom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAYL6VuQQY

... the dirty bastard leaves without washing his hands! If he did that in the toilets at my school, not only would his hand be covered in piss, all his clothes would have been too! Then again, I went to a rough school, we had a kid with epilepsy who was called "Eppo Leppo" whilst other kids would flicker lights on and off to try to trigger a seizure. But no one danced in the bathroom!

ย 

12 - Either my ears suck, but I didn't hear Demi's asshole pot head friends being referred to by their actual names once.

ย 

13 - No real point here, just, fuck this movie! Fuck this movie in the nostril with no lube!

ย 

14 - As an Englishman with no prejudice, I can confirm that the French are indeed dirty bastards. The writer probably said to her equally dirty French friends "Ahhhh, zis Sheeken louks lahk a vasheen, non?!" and they said "Oui" whilst smoking cigarettes and eating baguettes whilst watching shitty black and white movies! Fuck you France!

ย 

Miley deserves this for making it:

tumblr_myflmzz1x81rhxfs4o1_500.png

ย 

I think I might still have the PTSD from this movie.

• Like 8

Also, Maximiliano deserves to have this seen by as many people as possible.

ย 

ย 

I wanted to photoshop the poster with the title "Shitty Parents & Shitty Children" after that it was "Shitty Parents & Teenage Assholes" Then I thought I could play with the big font size so In big capital letters the fake title of the movie would read: "SHITTY ASSHOLES" I seriously couldn't decide... but then I realized that the answer was in front of me ALL ALONG...

ย 

ย 

ย 

10533419_10152651121742559_6366373370798198170_n.jpg?oh=5b2d0817967dbdc38344c1edf2ced985&oe=551D6C7B&__gda__=1423518656_d5693f076a9f28b440b97609ef1d1002

ย 

ย 

Same for Lando

ย 

Q05mYFX.jpg

• Like 4

Well, if you can't understand basic concepts, that's your problem, not mine. And I love that you went from zero to troll in no time flat. I made a valid point, and you had to be an asshole.

Couple things I noticed that are really inconsequential but got to me:

1. Shit Dick 3 had some of the most yellow ass teeth I have EVER seen in a fucking movie.
  2. Why did the smart dumb blonde's mom check the microwave TWICE?
  3. Miley at one point is talking to SD3 on facebook chat, she says nothing of consequence, just a greeting or whatever, her mom then opens the door, or starts to, and Miley immediately closes the computer and like hides it? The fuck was up with that.
  4. The third friend had a fucked up mom that never get revisited.
  5. SD3's dad's violent outrage also gets pretty forgotten.
  6. SKANK ASS HOE comment really got to Miley. Why?
  7. Guess the post-it wasn't so bad all along...
  8. The teacher saw the blonde calling on SD1's phone, and pieced everything together- what?
  9. Shit Dick 2 has a great school year of emotionally torturing his best friend and ex-girlfriend, gets no repercussion. Everyone is still friends.
  10. Everyone in this group of friends seemed to resent everyone else, yet exclusively only hung out with each other.
  11. Lots Of Leaving (thank you Smigg)
  12. Wear friend's mom's old lingerie, get called a whore by own mom. The blonde's life was suffering.

Really pulled me out of the movie.

• Like 4

Oh shit, what about the part where she goes:

ย 

"Hey, Shit Dick 3...

ย 

:)"

ย 

And that was it, she didn't say anything else, and it's that shit that girls always do! If you're a girl and you do this shit to guys, fuck you! I hate that shit, just say something, If I ran up to someone said "Hey, you!" And just smiled, well, they'd be freaked out, because I'm a big guy with a beard, but they'd also think I was an asshole.

• Like 3

Oh shit, what about the part where she goes:

ย 

"Hey, Shit Dick 3...

ย 

:)"

ย 

And that was it, she didn't say anything else, and it's that shit that girls always do! If you're a girl and you do this shit to guys, fuck you! I hate that shit, just say something, If I ran up to someone said "Hey, you!" And just smiled, well, they'd be freaked out, because I'm a big guy with a beard, but they'd also think I was an asshole.

ย 

This movie truly has brought out the worst in all of us.

• Like 1

I love Chelsea Peretti and Pete Holmes and their laughs

ย 

So to all the haters out there... ENJOY!

ย 

ย 

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwNRYg9ZNg

ย 

ย 

P.S. : As I write this I'm IN the Nation...

• Like 8

Did anyone think the friendship part at the beginning was really weird. She was like "These girls are my friends... but this guy is my boyfriend. And this other guy is my best friend!" And then they just kind of brought in the guy that Rob was referring to as "The Sub-Sub Guy" without even establishing who he is or how he knew Miley's character. And the way that she was acting just made it seem like we knew him the whole time. That was just kind of confusing. It seems like a French movie would have a lot of characters though... so maybe that makes sense.

ย 

I was kind of bummed that Jason wasn't on because I thought his reaction to the creepy bath scene would have been funny. The HDTGM All stars did a great job though!

• Like 1

Did anyone else think that the parents and the school were really irresponsible. There were several scenes mentioning that all the kids were failing all of their classes... but somehow they were still allowed to go to Paris and play Battle of The Bands. I would think at most high schools you would need to be passing all of your classes to get to go on a trip like that... and if I were a parent I wouldn't let my kid go if they were failing all of their classes!

ย 

Also all of these kids seemed to have everything. They all lived in big beautiful homes, had all the latest cell phones and computers. I just felt very disconnected to the characters because of that. Like they didn't seem like they their problems were that bad because they can afford houses with huge bathrooms and bathtubs for two people and a separate shower. This movie seems like it was created from a First World Problem meme.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this