🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 252 — Ice Bucket Cure!

YOU GUYS!! The wonderful and dapper dude who needs no intro, PAUL to the F to the TOMPKINS is in the house to explain the origins of humble pie, to announce the recent cure that’s been discovered for Lou Gehrig’s disease, and to discuss why he’s now totally cool with Dominoes Pizza! He also gives HIS advice to a past listener question from Totally Married! This is NUMERO 8 of our Last Laugh… Enjoy!

This is the second time the origins of "humble pie" has come up for Paul F. Tompkins on an Earwolf show. Paul, per usual, is right: Humble pie has a root in the word "umbles," which were the really nasty bits of animals: lungs, kidneys, etc. Probably the phrase originated as a play on both umble pie, which was common in the Middle Ages, and the word "humble."

• Like 1

Great find, Edykhuizen. Enjoyed this episode a lot even though I just listened to it for PFT. Feeling bad I always ignored TotallyLaime before -- you guys are very nice and cool.

PFT being on this is what got me to listen to it. I had never listened to the show before and I'm kicking myself for discovering it so late in the game and near it's ending. Elizabeth and Andy are both great and I was cracking up quite a few times during this episode.

Hi! I like your show! Estoy First time listener and a new fan. Thanks for good show!

I know this ep is relatively old & you'll never see this, but if don't care. Question: did either ghost story teller have cats at time of ghost story? I have a theory that ghost stories never happen to cat owners, but maybe that's assigning some value to my cat hoarding habit....Also, The ghost story about the contemptuous old scary lady haunting both girls is really similar to one that Tim Meadows told on an episode of improv 4 humans (episode #24 I think? I'm not sure) in which he and his then-girlfriend both saw Edgar Allen Poe in their apartment. Y'all should: 1) get him on show (Tim, not ed) , & 2) talk to him about ghosts. Cuz I love me sum ghost stories!

SUBMITTED FOR THE APPROVAL OF THE MIDNIGHT COUNCIL

RE:Growing pains

They do occur during the night but can be intense enough to wake you. When I went through it I thought that I had early onset arthritis because, like PFT, I had no idea that it was an actual physical condition.

RE: Show end pains

I'm going to miss this. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this