🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 324 — Golden Duchess Cruise Lines

I'm not sure even if I like the idea of mods censoring us (whatever happened to wheelchair girl?) We seem mostly to be a well mannered bunch who aren't afraid to stand up to inappropriateness ourselves.

If you must know, wheelchair girl threatened me via almost every way I can be reached on the internet. It was scary and fucked up.

And I agree with your second statement. That's why no one in this whole thread got a comment deleted. I have no idea what you are crying censorship for.

We aren't constantly deleting comments and banning people. It actually happens pretty damn rarely for a place on the internet that people can type things. You're all allowed to be negative if you want to. You can be in love with a guest if that is how your heart feels. But I just feel like a guest should be able to go onto the comments for their episode and not see someone calling them a cunt, or a gross paragraphs long post about their boobs.

If you wanna be a total dickhead and attack people personally or be a skeezy perv, there are plenty of places on the internet to do that. This is not one of them.

• Like 12

Sorry to bring up WCG, (bad joke I guess) I had no idea about that. I only remember the rambling posts.

Bottom line for me: What ever you're doing, keep doing because it's working and I like it here.

I was just thinking by now if a guy gets lambasted for saying "cute" then anybody saying something more than that is going to get destroyed by peeps here on the boards.

But again I'll defer to you. Nothin' but love for Earwolf!

• Like 3

ideally, mods are only there to delete threads that turn into dumpsterfires, not delete posts using the terms "juggs".

GUYS. We've settled this: celebrities do not want to be called attractive. It's rude and it makes them uncomfortable.

• Like 3

GUYS. We've settled this: celebrities do not want to be called attractive. It's rude and it makes them uncomfortable.

Understood. I will now, only refer to them as the Zouks patented "garbage people."

• Like 6

Is it just me or does Colin Hanks look and sound sorta similar to actor Tom Hanks?

Oh you silly goose, Tom Hanks is actually the son of Colin. I thought everyone knew that.

Somebody missed an ep of great bits.

• Like 5

If you must know, wheelchair girl threatened me via almost every way I can be reached on the internet. It was scary and fucked up.

That's messed up. I really didn't like that gimmick or crazy person (or both?), and assumed they just got bored and left. I think I read half of one of their posts and went, "Welp, that's that..."

The crazy quotient is really low on these forums and I enjoy that. So's keeps doin' what yous guys is doin'.

• Like 2

I love how people who culturally control the conversation 99.99% of the time completely freak out when somebody asks them to knock something off in one tiny, marginal, almost untrafficked part of the Internet.

Yes, you've been silenced all your life. My heart bleeds. None have ever felt the pain you've felt in being politely asked not to reduce people down to whether or not you think they're attractive; no great banned work of literature has ever left such a scar on our culture as your being gently dissuaded from reducing humans to physical assets on a comedy forum.

I don't understand how you keep going. Your strength. Your nobility in the face of such a threat as this. None may measure up.

You are all truly titans of intellectual freedom.

• Like 2

Personally, I just find it weird that when some people say "Hey, your actions kinda make me uncomfortable." there's a distressingly large subset of people who feel like it's their job to say "Hey, fuck you for feeling uncomfortable, I know my rights." and push harder instead of "Oh, sorry. I don't really agree that I did anything wrong, but I can stop to make everyone feel better."

But that's just my opiniooooooon.

Actual real quotes I have removed from the Earwolf forums include:

• "Should I feel bad for wanting to fuck [female guest]??"
  • "[female guest] has nice gazongas. C+ ep."
  • "HOLY JUGGS"
  • "wow would you check out the schnozz on that broad"
  • and much more, but that would require more than five clicks into the moderation log.

While the near-constant "cute" remarks may seem benign in the abstract, they are but the tip of an iceberg that most of you never see. We take a very light approach to moderation in this community—you'll notice that shitty and banal discussions are typically left alone unless they stray into personal attacks—but nothing could be less relevant to the discussion of an audio podcast than the physical appearance of the guests.

I will continue to delete gross male gaze-y remarks until the people making them either learn to respect the performers or need to be shown the door. If you disagree with that policy, I suggest filing a formal grievance with my supervisor.

What? The comment in question is just not, in any conceivable way, as crude or offensive as the above comments you posted. I know there is a general inclination among the Earwolf community to respect the work of any improvisor (male or female), which is absolutely commendable.

I still think the outrage over a seemingly innocent comment has been cringeworthy.

• Like 1