🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bagofbeef

Rolling Stone gave U2 album of the year.

Rolling Stone once again proving that it has the pulse of modern culture...

I like the album, but puhleeeeeeze.

• Like 1

Gotta be honest it might be my album of the year.

I'm pretty hip to the young people tunes (I, embarrassingly, am on pitchfork like every two seconds even though their reviews infuriate me) but I just really, really connect with the songs on this album. Probably not the best in terms of creativity (I would give that to Thom Yorke, whose new solo album has his most ambitious non-Radiohead stuff to date) but I think it's my favorite. I'm also with Scott that Coldplay's new album is really, really fantastic. So I'm losing some hipster cred this year. I'll make it up next year I PROMISE

EDIT: I forgot about Run the Jewels. That's def the album of the year. Ignore my previous comment.

it's not my personal album of the year but it's a good album. My personal favorites have zero shot if being on a Rolling Stone list so i can appreciate this. This is coming from someone that used to hate U2, too. I wonder if metacritic score would have been higher if u2 had released their album traditionally. I feel most people just hate to hate now.

just curious, what would your favorite album of 2014 be?

Mine would be K.Flay- Life As A Dog.

Gotta be honest it might be my album of the year.

I'm pretty hip to the young people tunes (I, embarrassingly, am on pitchfork like every two seconds even though their reviews infuriate me) but I just really, really connect with the songs on this album. Probably not the best in terms of creativity (I would give that to Thom Yorke, whose new solo album has his most ambitious non-Radiohead stuff to date) but I think it's my favorite. I'm also with Scott that Coldplay's new album is really, really fantastic. So I'm losing some hipster cred this year. I'll make it up next year I PROMISE

EDIT: I forgot about Run the Jewels. That's def the album of the year. Ignore my previous comment.

I really need to check out RTJ, I've heard nothing but good things.

As far as mainstream, major albums, this may be the true album of the year.

My personal favorites would probably be Salad Days by Mac DeMarco, Singles by Future Islands, either of Parquet Courts new albums, Benji by Sun Kil Moon, or Manipulator by Ty Segall.

I listened to way less music than I did last year. Too many damn podcasts to keep up with. But my top 5:

St. Vincent

tUnE-yArDs

Ty Segall

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks

Deerhoof.

I was mildly surprised that my favorite wasn't on their list - The Both by FRIENDS OF EARWOLF Aimee Mann & Ted Leo.

I was mildly surprised that my favorite wasn't on their list - The Both by FRIENDS OF EARWOLF Aimee Mann & Ted Leo.

My favorite album of the year too!

I listened to way less music than I did last year. Too many damn podcasts to keep up with. But my top 5:

St. Vincent

tUnE-yArDs

Ty Segall

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks

Deerhoof.

Deerhoof'so new album was awesome, like all of theirs. They are the best band I've seen live.

Don't worry - Rolling Stone will soon print a retraction saying that their trust was misplaced in whoever had listened to the new U2 album.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this