🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 3 — Movers and Schaffer with Nip Schaffer

Hello loyal listeners and welcome back to Movers and Schaffer, a weekly radio magazine program with your host Nip Schaffer (Paul Brittain)! Today Nip is joined by Patti Dukakis, an aspiring stand-up comedian. Nip and Patti talk about how being a mom influences Patti’s stand-up, their favorite movies, and Patti’s comedy heroes. Then, Nip’s correspondent Traci Reardon helps offer advice to Twitter followers in her recurring segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

• Like 1

"It's gonna be tough to have a butt hole without a butt crack." Truer words...

The host also being in character was great, the best episode yet :D

• Like 3

At first this one felt a little dry but it works. I am absolutely going to try to convince someone this is an episode of an actual radio show. Until the commercial, of course.

• Like 2

Paul Brittain is a master at playing slimy, introverted, boring weirdos. He needs to be on more things.

• Like 7

Patti's jokes totally remind me of a young Louis CK (Constantly Kidding)

• Like 3

I'm thinkin' you get a double bill goin' with Patti Dukakis and Nancy Cooper down at the Charlie Brown Steakhouse.

• Like 3

At first this one felt a little dry but it works. I am absolutely going to try to convince someone this is an episode of an actual radio show. Until the commercial, of course.

I thought the exact same thing about it being passable for a real show. Sounds just like the kinda shows played here on Columbus' local public radio stations. Paul did a killer job of playing it super straight, minus the swinger stuff.

I'm thinkin' you get a double bill goin' with Patti Dukakis and Nancy Cooper down at the Charlie Brown Steakhouse.

Ha, yeah I had to go back and see if this Patty character was the same comic from "You know what I mean?" and "What else, what else?"

For me Paul was the standout of this one. Great ep.

Also they both said the phrase "you gotta'..." a few times, which had me completely begging for just one "You gotta laugh" from Bever - I mean Paul.

Wonderful. This podcast continues to deliver.

I can't imagine he has the time... but I hope Andy Daly can be roped into one of these.

Lisa Frank announced on Friday that her classic rainbows-and-unicorns line of products has been discontinued, and she will instead "promote the true source of magic and wonder in the universe" with her new Lauren Lapkus Signature Collection™.

• Like 2

"people don't lie... and if they lie, they're not people and they're not being honest."

"People don't lie, and if they're lying, they're not people" on the front.

"And if they're not people, they're an animal, and if they're an animal, their butt's flat with no crack" on the back.

• Like 5

I would totally go see Patti at a comedy club

Finally was able to start listening to the show. I've been listening to the intro on repeat since it came out. It's so good.

Oh man, all three episodes have been wonderful, but this one... Nip Schaeffer was just such a perfectly bland and accommodating host, it was just such an in-character experience... I was just captivated by the conversation.

Mizz Lapkus is doing amazing work.

I'm not above admitting that I thought 'LOL' was 'Lots of Love' when I first got on the net many moons ago.