🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 210 — Artisanal Podcasting

wow, nice shout out to Chisanbop! I hadn't thought about that shit in forever. my aunt knows how to do it and has tried to teach me many times to no avail... mostly because she just looked like a drooling idiot in the process.

• Like 1

Howard's opinions on entertainment are out of control on this one. I listened to some early Whooch the other day, as I've only been listening for about a year and hadn't really explored the back catalog, and it was really bizarre for me to hear Howard be able to talk about movies as if they were at all worthwhile.

I know what you mean and I kinda agree. Except the trash compactor part made me laugh out loud. I'm not a fan of comic book movies or sci-fi or fantasy, so I do find Who Charted to be a nice respite from nerd culture that seemingly surrounds me. But, I sometimes wish Howard would talk about other movies he likes besides Jaws (even if they aren't betta). There are other movies in the top 5 that are not make-em-ups. I think talk about Interstellar is just heavy on his mind because it's the only movie in the list that he's seen.

Everyone understanding what Howard meant when he said, "Peter North levels of blood" was killer. I didn't think it could be topped. Then he said, "But this, you say, is about stairs."

• Like 7

I don't get the dismay about Howard not liking Interstellar, or any other movie that comes up. You liked it, isn't that enough? I don't get why every person who entertains you has to like the same things as you. Howard disagreeing with and arguing against something is always more entertaining and has given us so much humor on this podcast. If he responded to everything with "yea it was good I liked it" then we'd lose a lot of what makes the Whoch/Twoch combo so hard hitting.

Howard, always be you. It's why you have so many fans.

• Like 1

I don't get the dismay about Howard not liking Interstellar, or any other movie that comes up. You liked it, isn't that enough? I don't get why every person who entertains you has to like the same things as you. Howard disagreeing with and arguing against something is always more entertaining and has given us so much humor on this podcast. If he responded to everything with "yea it was good I liked it" then we'd lose a lot of what makes the Whoch/Twoch combo so hard hitting.

Howard, always be you. It's why you have so many fans.

Three things:

1) If I like a person and I like a movie, I want that person to like that movie if they see it. Like, I genuinely don't want Howard to spend 4 hours and $47 on an experience he doesn't enjoy.

2) There are plenty of garbage movies out there to make fun of.

3) I don't know how much stock anyone puts into Howard's opinion, but if he's recommending that people don't see a good movie based on false assumptions, that's bad.

(Also, I did say that I like it 99% of the time that he does this and that this was a great episode, so it's not like I have a huge problem with it.)

• Like 2

Instead of artisanal t-shirts being made for a new chart every week, "Who Charted?" should make a t-shirt with the time code of when Howard first mentions "Shark Tank" in the podcast. He does so just about every episode.

• Like 1

Three things:

1) If I like a person and I like a movie, I want that person to like that movie if they see it. Like, I genuinely don't want Howard to spend 4 hours and $47 on an experience he doesn't enjoy.

2) There are plenty of garbage movies out there to make fun of.

3) I don't know how much stock anyone puts into Howard's opinion, but if he's recommending that people don't see a good movie based on false assumptions, that's bad.

(Also, I did say that I like it 99% of the time that he does this and that this was a great episode, so it's not like I have a huge problem with it.)

We just have to all agree to disagree about disagreeing in regards to agreement.

I disagree with all of this disagreement with agreements

but I have a similar annoyance with Howard's downing something. That Bruno Mars song, shit is funky as hell and to me is a saving grace for the radio. He has his opinion, and I listen for those opinions, but I dont think he gives the man a fair shot, he goes in hating Bruno Mars and never looks back

They said it sounds like James Brown and How's point was that if you're going to do something that sounds like something, take it someplace new instead of just copying a style. I agree with the thought, and that song (to me) does something new. It doesn't at all sound like a song James Brown would come out with, sounds like they took some of that funky vibe, added in some morris day and the time vibe, and a few other sounds and came up with something poppy and retro, but not too cheesy and gumdrop like Taylor Swift "Shake it Off"

What was this an episode of Hollywood Handbook? So much speaking on that.

Bonus points for a mention of "hamburger sandwich".

• Like 3

I doubt anyone would admit that here. They would receive quite the shaming.

Are people really dismayed about Howard's opinion about Interstellar?

I love him. I never want him to stop being him.

But lord if I don't disagree with him about damn near everything.

• Like 2

I don't even use Rotten Tomatoes because I have to waste 5 seconds re-learning what every icon means every time I open it.

Also, holy shit, I didn't realize the Holiday Bundle was a year old. I've been putting it off since they started talking about it this year but damn, now I realize I'm more of a slacker than I imagined.

I don't even use Rotten Tomatoes because I have to waste 5 seconds re-learning what every icon means every time I open it.

Also, holy shit, I didn't realize the Holiday Bundle was a year old. I've been putting it off since they started talking about it this year but damn, now I realize I'm more of a slacker than I imagined.

I just want chartists to realize that it's like the Who Charted magnum opus

• Like 1

Brett, are you going to be in SF for Sketchfest with Whooch or UTU2TM?

Brett, are you going to be in SF for Sketchfest with Whooch or UTU2TM?

I want to! Not sure yet.

Well, I am sure there will be riots in the streets of SF if you aren't there. I hope you can make it! It won't be Whooch without you.

• Like 1

Hey Earwolf, you might want to list Matt Gourley as a guest on this episode. I had almost forgotten that he did an episode of Who Charted.

Sign in to follow this