🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 63 — Thomas Middleditch, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes discuss the holidays in L.A. with a new version of a classic segment: "You're Doing It Wrong: By Ho Ho Hove I Think Eggnog It". Then, TV star Thomas Middleditch is in the studio to talk about Mike Judge, the nerd takeover of comedy, working with Martin Scorcese, and what happened behind the scenes on Splinterheads. Also, Gmail Roulette brings a sneak peak into Thomas' celebrity life.

• Like 2

So how long did it take you guys to figure out it wasn't the call-in ep.?

• Like 4

So how long did it take you guys to figure out it wasn't the call-in ep.?

Roughly 54 minutes and 54 seconds.

• Like 3

"yes, they do have white dogs"

"well, that can be a dog."

"it's one of the reasons I won't eat food."

"it's worse than crime."

...Just some of the reasons I listen to this podcast.

• Like 8

I'm only halfway through but this Tommy M-Ditch is killing it. Making me buss up all over this coffee shop.

• Like 6

Haye's criticism of our PCG questions has really sent an arrow straight through my heart. I'll mend my ways, HH, next time you announce a guest I'll look them up on IMDB and watch their "most known for" entries, whatsoever may they be.

• Like 2

My question would have blown the roof of the war against drugs scandal, I guess now we'll never know, thanks Obama

• Like 2

top 5 ep in my homble opinion

"I was at a party with my date at that time, Haley Joel Osment"

"Points"

"points, yes"

• Like 8

Really insensitive of you guys to bring up Nick Thune when you know I have a history with him. Thanks, Sean.

• Like 3

Well my bank account's wiped out, and I can't afford rent this month, but it was all worth it for that ditty from Tommy Centerhole. Anyone got a spare toilet I can sleep on?

• Like 8

Also can I get the tracking info for that box of goodies? Not that I don't trust you, I just, I've been burned before.

• Like 1

Okay, fun's fun, and I totally get that a lot of what Sean and Hayes say in this podcast is jokes. But sometimes I worry that they are saying something in a way that makes people think its jokes, but its totally a real thing that people should take seriously! I'm still only at the beginning of listening to this weeks show, and I had to stop it immediately to point out that when Hayes said that buying a dog is worse than crime, THAT'S NOT A JOKE. It totally IS worse than crime, and I know it, and I'm sure Hayes knows it, but I'm worried about people out there who may not always be able to decipher the comic sensibility, and who can't tell jokes from serious.

PS Sorry if I'm being a downer but there are some things people shouldn't ever joke about, and two of those things are buying a dog, and crimes.

Edit: Just to be clear, the remaining things that no one should joke about are farting, boners, and people falling down. Not funny, just embarrassing. Have a little empathy for god's sake.

2nd Edit: There might be others, this isn't a comprehensive list. I just can't think of any more right now.

• Like 4

This is a new GOAT contender. I sincerely do not understand how this show manages to top itself every week.

• Like 3

my top 3 eps revisited

1. sinbad (because he's great and also because he said my name)

2. thomas middleditch (true american canadian treasure)

3. rob corddry (sassy)

• Like 13

1. Tommy Middle D was stellar.

2. I'm glad Mark's not dead.

3. Whosenberg

4. Bicycle! Bicycle!

• Like 3