🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 19 — U2 Holiday Special

Look, guys. I made some brilliant art.

This piece is called "Atom Scott Aukerman." (Do you get it? Of course you get it -- you're very clever.)

Does this incredible gag qualify as a knee-slapper or a gut-buster?

0E4OklU.jpg

Comedy Big Bang Theory

• Like 4

this was a great ep, but I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

I guess I just, uh...

etc.

• Like 13

I think Zero Minis is my new favorite sub-podcast that will probably never happen again. Also surprised Scotty Auck didn't bring up Reggie taking up the job at the Late Late Show and what will that mean for the cbb tv show!??!?!!?

wait what? What is the late late show, the currently Craig Ferguson and will be hosted by that British guy I've never seen before (except for the colbert report the other night)?

I'm pretty damn bummed about this, Reggie is at the very top of my list of comedians/musicians I must see live before I die. I finally live in a major city, so I thought it would just be a matter of time, but him having an actual every day gig could severely ruin the chances of him touring much

• Like 1

After hearing him on YOU MADE IT WEIRD, I am under the impression we won't be seeing a lot of Harris related PHISH stuff in the future.

I had heard he died... I don't know where I heard that. Oh well.

• Like 2

I have nothing to add other than this was an absolutely delightful surprise and a joy to listen to. A holiday special if there ever was one, and I thank Scott and Scott for this bit of hilarious podcasting.

Also, could Bono officiate Scott and Scott's Almighty Daughter's Bat Mitzvah while dressed in his Hasidic Jew biking costume?

All I want for Christmas is a nod from Scott.

• Like 1

At work today, I tried to convince a co-worker about that Weirdo Al thing. Turns out this kind of humor is what some would call "niche." And when I say "niche," I don't mean the author of Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

• Like 11

U Talkin' Christmas Miracles 2 Me?!

• Like 4

No mention of that plane Bono was on falling apart in midair! Could've made for some nice, titular subject matter for the inaugural ep. of Let's Talk Air Travel. But we've got The Almighty Daughter now, so what the fuck am I complaining about? Praise Christ, our lord and savior, and thank him for the bounty that is this ep!

Ahh. I've missed listening to them rev up for a solid front half of comedy that sort of peters out over the last 30 to 45 minutes of unfocused attempts to think of something to talk about and mask their ever increasing lethargy. Masters of the Podcasting Arts! Bravo!

Oh, and sometimes also a little about U2.

So was everyone blown away by Weirdo Scotty's smash hit "Tangelo"?

I want to hear more of that, and I love how as the show goes on we get these little nuggets like the fact that scott made parody U2 songs and finally thought to bring it up a year after they started this

• Like 2

So was everyone blown away by Weirdo Scotty's smash hit "Tangelo"?

I want to hear more of that, and I love how as the show goes on we get these little nuggets like the fact that scott made parody U2 songs and finally thought to bring it up a year after they started this

The whole song is on an early episode of Comedy Bang Bang. I've been listening to back-episodes of the show and they're all kind of running together so I can't remember which, but it's definitely worth checking out.

I love Weirder Scott's "Halloween (ET Please Phone Home)". It is glorious, and I can't get it out of my head every time they play the original Christmas tune at the grocery store.

• Like 2

Same here. Between hearing the U2 version the other day, hearing part of that one on this show, and reading an article about the original version yesterday, I've had the song stuck in my head almost non-stop for three straight days, and more often than not I hear it as Scott's version.

Listening to Scott and Scott talking about the Sketchfest show made me imagine a scenario in which only 30 people turn up for it, they do the show anyway, then discover that U2 made a surprise appearance at the Weird Al tribute and they missed it.

• Like 4