🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.1 — Best of 2014 Pt 1

Unusual coincidence, listening to two podcasts in a row that reference the rare "chowse" pronunciation for "chaos". Soren on the Cracked podcast had a story about someone else pronouncing it that way.

I really love how Scott and Paul are actually pulling back the curtain and talking about the performers and their characters this year. I love how Scott usually tries to maintain the facade, but honestly it's such a great change of pace to get some insight into the actual performances and to hear him genuinely talk about how much of a fan he is of everyone's work. I hope they continue to do this every year during the best-ofs.

• Like 8

I'd just like to echo (echo..co..co...) the sentiments of everybody here--it was really great hearing them talk frankly about these episodes, to the point where I wondered if this was an episode of Let's Be Frank!

I was especially interested in the Calvins Twins episode, which was probably my #1 this year. Scott's breakdown of the amount of horse funerals they've been to made me laugh harder than just about anything this year. I could tell on Britain/Killem's last appearance that they planned absolutely nothing (based on the way the name Lon Smudge seemed to surprise everybody) but the fact that they didn't even have the idea for horse fighting going into it was pretty insane to hear.

My dream is for Scott and some of the guests to do commentary for some of the major episodes.

• Like 5

How did nobody in the crowd pick up on J W stillwater saying "Dexter Methorphan?!" when scott mentioned something about the show Dexter. I thought that was the funniest line in the whole bit.

I can't buhleeb that JW Stillwater beat Tiny and Victor's podcast

LEEB HIM ALOOONEEEE!!!

also, I had totally forgotten about 'ginder in Little Button Puss... fucking lost it all over again and I haven't been able to get it out of my head today.

• Like 2

I always go into the Best Ofs thinking "I've heard all the eps they're gonna play, I'm really only listening to this for like 30 minutes of Scott and PFT banter" but it's never true. Listening to the eps again is always a goddamn treat and I catch stuff I missed or forgot and end up giggling for a solid 2 hours.

• Like 2

Even though I loved and voted for Little Button Puss, I had somehow still managed to forget the "one true love" bit - and then subsequently (and publicly) laughed myself into a coughing fit when I heard it again in this. Brilliant.

Also surprised that "They're Twins, Jonah" wasn't higher up the list.

• Like 2

Always a delight to hear lil'Buttonpuss again! Certainly made my holiday by its inclusion alone. Hoping next year will bring another appearance by that adorable scamper of a fuckbot assuming Marry Me doesn't keep him too busy.

THAT SHOW IS GOLD! I DONT CARE WHAT THE INTERNET CLUBS SAY!

• Like 4

Even though I loved and voted for Little Button Puss, I had somehow still managed to forget the "one true love" bit - and then subsequently (and publicly) laughed myself into a coughing fit when I heard it again in this. Brilliant. Also surprised that "They're Twins, Jonah" wasn't higher up the list.

I would have bet money that the JW Stillwater/Traci Reardon episode and "They're Twins, Jonah" would have at least made the top ten. Hopefully the introduction episode of Tiny and Victor will make the list, too. The cheeseburger story is fucking hilarious.

Well, that's a different episode. Tiny Cheeseburger is the first Victor and Tiny episode. Surely it'll come up later in the countdown. I actually had They're Twins Jonah being in the top 5. Victor's podcast was probably the biggest CBB laugh I've had this year.

Meant the podcast. Apologies.

every year I look forward to this exchange:

Scott: and if this is your first time listening to the show then...

Paul: FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Like 4

First time hearing Little Button Puss. Absolutely tremendous. Laughed in a stranger's face walking home from work, then slipped on ice and nearly fell. Love the "alright" Scott does when it appears to stray too far for him and attempts to shut it down and on this occasion is was when the "first true love" of Puss' was named.

• Like 5

Half-hazard = haphazard + half-assed

Source: An ex used to come up with neologisms like this all the time without realising it. I suspect it's an artifact of her memory compression algorithm, which to me implies that she (and evidently Scott) are robots from the future.