🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 64 — Listeners, Our Close Friends

Ana, what is it like being the mother of a man who got to star alongside Hidalgo, everyone's favorite historical horse?

• Like 3

Ana, what is it like being the mother of a man who got to star alongside Hidalgo, everyone's favorite historical horse?

Oh Viggo loved that horse, don't you know. It usually takes Viggy a while to get out of character, sometimes more than a year. So after shooting wrapped, he kept trying to sneak into TJ's stables (TJ is the horse that played Hidalgo). Finally after being arrested 4-5 times, TJ put a retraining order on my Viggy, which was just heartbreaking. But after he started shooting his next film, he forgot all about horses and got super into gun violence.

• Like 5

Dreidel was this episode's MVP. Chanson, I'm giving your pup two of my points and I'm taking your points that I gave you yesterday and transferring them over to Dreidel.

So as it stands, The Hollywood Handbook End of the Year Big Points Leader-board looks like this:

Dreidel = 26 Points

Joe McGurl = 24 Points

Everyone Else = 0 Points

Veebs = -1 points

Tim = -100 points

That's a close race. Keep it up guys, with the holiday season in full swing, I might be PRETTY generous with the distribution of points.

• Like 6

Oh and this episode was funny and I liked it and everyone did fine blah blah blah

• Like 2

I knew they were going to tell Chanson's dog to run when Chanson put her on the phone, but it still had me laughing very hard. Is this an example of a first thought joke done very well?

I haven't finished listening yet.

Now'll try talk without speaking in trombones. This was a great holiday gift. Thank you all for your sacrifice. My shout out was to Regis Philbin, so close to getting it in. I will admit that I got took down a notch. But only just once did I actually copy Sean, that "mmm yes" that he called me out on. I'm glad I got to talk with S&H for a minute. And the suspense they built up for the unleashing of everybody altogether totally paid off with that cacophony of voices!

Hey Joe, I think me saying "What up what up?" when I called in seems worthy of a point or two.

Does anyone on here really snus? I always see it at the easy market

• Like 3

Grant, I like your trombone language. Where in AZ do you live?

• Like 1

By the way, I loved this episode. I'm now a believer in call-in episodes. Everyone who called was a great stimulus for the fellas to make funnies. And Andy did a great job. I loved saying hi to him. Brett was cool and smart and powerful. I was giggling the entire time I spoke with the fellas so I didn't hear everything they said. Salad Jesse Raphael and I are in the messy exit club together.

• Like 2

Gang, I have a confession to make...Hayes and Sean guessed correctly. I am really Viggo Mortensen's mom. He is such a hip young man, and a real comedy nerd, so he listens to this podcast and got me into it. He exposes me to so much fun pop culture stuff. When he was married to Exene, we used to listen to the punk rock music all the time and I just loved it. I was so sad when they split up. My grandson, Henry is such a little cool guy too. Feel free to call me Mrs. Mortensen from now on.

By the way, here's a little secret scoop for all of my forum pals:

My convo was edited a bit because we got real political at one point. H+S asked me about Arizona politics and I mentioned that Arizona should just open the borders and stop trying to keep Mexicans out. Anyway, I'm glad they edited that out. It was not at all funny.

oh shit, i remember hearing that while i was on hold, didnt even notice it got chopped!

• Like 1

Tempe, near ASU. Been in Tempe a long time. Were you from phoenix area or other?

I grew up in Tucson, but went to ASU for my undergrad. I lived in the Phoenix area for about 10 years and all my family's still there.

By the way, I loved this episode. I'm now a believer in call-in episodes. Everyone who called was a great stimulus for the fellas to make funnies. And Andy did a great job. I loved saying hi to him. Brett was cool and smart and powerful. I was giggling the entire time I spoke with the fellas so I didn't hear everything they said. Salad Jesse Raphael and I are in the messy exit club together.

Is the messy exit club like the babysitters club?

Is the messy exit club like the babysitters club?

Yes, exactly like it. We need to even change our names. I'll be Kristy.

oh shit, i remember hearing that while i was on hold, didnt even notice it got chopped!

Yeah, that's some master editing work by Brett Morris.

I just want to apologize to Andy. I was being a big fibber that day and he was very pleasant on the phone and only asked me to give him a big kissy one time, to which I replied, "I'm not there."

• Like 9

Yeah, that's some master editing work by Brett Morris.

I think Hayes actually edits every episode and I don't think I'm ready to explain how I know that.

Let's just say my podcast falls under the category of "edits encouraged."

• Like 2

why wasn't i beeped about this

why did i even...FREAKING pay Brett 500 dollars for the hollywood handbeeper if it doesn't even freaking work!!

• Like 2

"take a page from hollywood handbook", brett? remember when you said that? well i got a little page of my own,

oh yeah, let me just think about the page. oh, i got it

here's a page for you brett :143? no, not that, instead it's this: 43

• Like 2

5 minutes in:

"This will probably be the only call-in episode we do until next christmas"

:(

Sign in to follow this