🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 187 — Burning Man

The blastoff gang start the show off by listening to Kyle’s audition tape for a very popular show. Then, Burning Man veteran Moshe Kasher joins the gang to talk about the origin of Burning Man, underground raves, pacifiers, cuddle puddles, the annoying people, sexual experiences, and the incredible playa art .

I love listening to Moshe Kasher. He's funny, smart--I had no idea he dropped out of high school (!), and he's the Nice Guy on his podcast with Neal Brennan. I didn't know anything about his origin story before this episode, so I plan to look for his book.

I like Moshe's other podcast the champs. He's a pretty funny guy. But it did seem when he told his story about burning man and starting a fight with the guy who left his segway near/on/around their area, Moshe seemed the one at fault, and he seemed judgemental and disconnected from the main idea of burning man. one could say Burning Man is about drugs, or freedom of expression, or enlightenment and that could be true for that person, but I think the main thread through Burning Man is community, and togetherness. So starting that fight with that guy for leaving his scooter near their area just seems wrong and completely opposed to the true meaning of Burning Man. But what do I know I'm just a ghost of a lava lamp trapped in a keyboard.

Sign in to follow this