🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
boxofgeese

I miss the individual intro questions and introductions!

I'll start off by saying I love the show no matter what. I'm down with all regular (and irregular) features - I don't mind the variety because it always leads to funny stuff!

I'm assuming Besser has been skipping the introductions / individual questions to save some time and jump right into improv, but I liked having that feature up top. Even though it did take slightly longer to get into the meat of the show, I liked how it allowed me to get to know each guest a little more. If it's a performer I already know, then I get to hear something new and fascinating about them, and if it's a person I've never heard of, I like to get a sense of their personality and how they all interact.

All this being said, I still love the show how it is. I'll listen til I'm good n dead.

• Like 1

I'll start off by saying I love the show no matter what. I'm down with all regular (and irregular) features - I don't mind the variety because it always leads to funny stuff!

I'm assuming Besser has been skipping the introductions / individual questions to save some time and jump right into improv, but I liked having that feature up top. Even though it did take slightly longer to get into the meat of the show, I liked how it allowed me to get to know each guest a little more. If it's a performer I already know, then I get to hear something new and fascinating about them, and if it's a person I've never heard of, I like to get a sense of their personality and how they all interact.

All this being said, I still love the show how it is. I'll listen til I'm good n dead.

I like the intro questions, but I think it's good that he jumps right into the improv-- if you think about new listeners, most people are going to give a new podcast like 5 minutes tops to figure out if they're going to stick around or not. If it starts out with ten minuets of intro questions people are going to think it's just another podcast where comedians shoot the shizz with each other. Jumping right in gives new listeners a better idea of what the show is.

Oh and maybe this goes without saying, but I miss the bonus in-between episodes too. I could eat all the improv in the world and still not be full!!

Then maybe a cold open that's followed by intro and guest questions?

Hm, actually, that's probably the worst scenario for new listeners.

Sign in to follow this