🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.2 — Best of 2014 Pt 2

I didn't know anyone said "all of the sudden" until I heard Scott say it either, on ep. 17 of U Talkin' U2 to Me? And I didn't know anyone said "halfazard" until Scott said it in part one of this Best of 2014. We're all learning so much!

Anyway, I love it when Scott's Scott-isms become compulsions, as "it's been a while!" most certainly has. I'm doing it all the time, to anything with the same number of syllables (I can still rein it in when I'm around people, though). The moment in part one when Scott "been awhiles" the words "little girl," leading Paul to exclaim, "What?!" is just beautiful.

• Like 1

I'm kind of disappointed to learn that in the anniversary show Scott was given carte blance as to PFT's character, and he didn't explore the very humorous possibility that the Ghost of Richard Harrow knocks and sits down for once rather than spooking his way inside.

Wow! So many great episodes out too early! I know that PFT much like in years past may have rallied his fans to vote for Time Bobby as number one, but maybe it's just me but for me The Exorcism of Cake Boss "cake boss" is the PFT episode to beat. C+!

Predictions! Top Three: "Oh Golly! You Devil", "Time Bobby 3" and "The Exorcism of Cake Boss" "cake boss"

I really hope oh golly you devil wins. It's just the epitome of Andy's genius.

Exorcism was great mostly because of Gourley's contribution. More Hey Really Giger!

• Like 2

I felt a twinge of joy at hearing the original "technicality no down boo over."

Technicality no down boo over?!

• Like 1

so back to Steely Dan, how was the song "Bodhisattva" not brought up on the ep or here with the creepiness?

The lyrics as I can hear them in the chorus include:

and I'll be there

shining your depends,

Sparkle in your 'gina

yes I'll be there

• Like 2

Little known fact: Christmas was originally known as Murder Day before the church decided to move the celebration of Christ's birth to capitalize on the wildly popular homicide-themed holiday.

There's also the very end of the episode of @midnight that Scott and Paul were on back in July, which is just them shouting it at each other.

I just noticed something about Patton oswalt's laugh when Scott says TNDBO. It's sort of "yes, Scott, you've said something amusing but I don't get the reference, I will laugh anyway just to be safe."

No one in the history of humanity, aside from Scott and his weird parents, has ever said "all of the sudden."

Never.

Earlier tonight I was with my parents and my mother actually said "all of the sudden" about a car pile-up she heard of from the news! This is all the way in rural Maine, so there's no chance she just heard Scott's parents say it, either! On the downside, she might now think hearing about traffic accidents will make me bark-laugh Jimmy Pardo style.

What's happening? Are these the end times?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this