🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 167 — Live in Vancouver 2014 w/ The Sunday Service

Merry Christmas humons! Matt Besser is joined by Ryan Beil, Caitlin Howden, Kevin Lee, Aaron Read, and Taz VanRassel of Vancouver’s award-winning improv group The Sunday Service for a special LIVE improv4humans recorded from Vancouver complete with scenes about parents with no boundaries, an upset man who interrupts everyone he runs by telling them of how he put his iPhone in a microwave, trucker’s CB radio slang, and more. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

• Like 1

This was great. I busted up at the CB radio slang. Too bad Brett didn't record.

Damn't! I've been waiting for Improv4humans to come to Vancouver I can't believe I missed this show. Either way these guys are hilarious and I can't wait to check em out live.

This was a really, really cool episode. I discovered longform improv through this podcast, and since we don't really have that here in ol' c-bus ohio I've really only heard the LA improvisers featured on this show. It was neat to hear this team from another country, who had a totally different sensibility (they actually reminded me of Superego a little).

I was also amused at how the token canadian politeness even made its way into the scenework (Instead of just saying "We cut to..." they would say "Can we cut to?"

• Like 3

Is any of the commentary about process (or as Matt says, "how the sausage is made") going to be uploaded?

I hope the Q&A session he did afterward will be uploaded as an Ask the UCB bonus ep. Those are the best.

This was a really, really cool episode. I discovered longform improv through this podcast, and since we don't really have that here in ol' c-bus ohio I've really only heard the LA improvisers featured on this show. It was neat to hear this team from another country, who had a totally different sensibility (they actually reminded me of Superego a little).

I was also amused at how the token canadian politeness even made its way into the scenework (Instead of just saying "We cut to..." they would say "Can we cut to?"

I found the mention of poutine surprising on American media.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this