🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PlanBFromOuterSpace

So, I was doing a walk through "Night at the Museum 3" today...

OK, so I caught a scene from the new "Night at the Museum" movie today where the various museum characters are up to shenanigans as usual. Anyway, Atilla the Hun had been fighting a dolphin or something, and Ben Stiller's like "Atilla, you don't beat up dolphins! They're gentle creatures, but you were hacking away at him like it was 'The Cove' or something".

WHO THE HELL IS THAT LINE FOR?!?!?

"The Cove" is a documentary about horrible shit happening to dolphins, and while I probably listen to more podcasts where documentaries are discussed than your average person, I still BARELY know what it is, and I can't imagine how or why there's a "Cove" reference in a PG-rated movie geared towards kids. I'm not even sure it's anything that the parents would get. It's certainly no "Say 'ello to my li'l fren'!" from "Scarface", which pops up in plenty of inappropriate places, but EVERYONE knows it. This is something I'd expect if Dennis Miller wrote a kids movie...

• Like 2

Maybe it's a conscious "fuck you" to those in the audience who would get that reference, since anyone watching 'Night at the Museum 3' and knows what 'The Cove' is probably doesn't want to be there (dragged to the movies by kids or something). "Are you in pain seeing this movie? Well too bad, let me remind that there are dolphins being murdered right now so you feel even worse!"

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this