🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HunterJE

Headcanon: Reardon is the transdimensional lynchpin of the With Special Guest-iverse

(Note: I discussed this in a comment in the E6 thread, but I think deserves its own...)

The recurrence of Help Me Rhonda on different eps got me thinking.

Here's what we know: Every episode of WSG represents a different podcast, and yet on every one of those podcasts Traci Reardon has a segment--from context, apparently a recurring segment--called "Help Me, Rhonda." While one interpretation is that all these podcasts occur in the same universe and Reardon just does the segment on all of them, but come on, she's one person, and has to hold down two jobs AND occasionally maybe go to school. Also, it seems odd that she'd never mention that she does that same segment on other shows.

Given that there are no other indications of continuity between the different shows so far, here's my theory. All of the podcasts in WSGLL occur within different parallel universes. The one thing in common between all of the universes is that in each one there is a podcast where that universe's Traci Reardon has a segment called "Help Me, Rhonda." So what WSGLL is really doing, within this framework, is cataloging all of the different podcasts in the multiverse where Reardon does this segment. The rest is just incidental.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

Alternately, they do all occur in the same continuity, but Reardon is some kind of supernatural being with reality-bending powers that both allow her to appear on every podcast and to warp the minds of hosts and listeners to the extent that nobody notices that she does this segment on every podcast within the WSGiverse. Why she would use her powers to this end is puzzling, but then again the motives of near-godlike entities are necessarily inscrutable...

There's no denying that, judging by her description, she looks like she's from a transhuman metrofuture. Maybe she's travelling back in time, slipping between dimensions, to save the Earwolf podcastverse as we know it. Her appearances have all been really enjoyable, so maybe without her, in an alternate timeline, Earwolf slipped into mediocrity and lost listeners by the thousands until it shut down. Traci Reardon is the hero we deserve, and I can't help feeling that JW Stillwater is involved somehow. He first appeared when Reardon was live on stage with Scott.

• Like 3

Wait, what if this is some All You Zombies situation and Wompler and Stillwater are the same person, plus a convoluted time travel and sexual reassignment plot in between? (Sorry if spoilers, but honestly the idea of that story is better than the execution anyways imo...)

Sign in to follow this