🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.3 — Best of 2014 Pt 3

It’s getting real close to the end with part three of the Comedy Bang! Bang! best of countdown as Scott and special guest Paul F. Tompkins get into the meat of the matter and count down numbers seven through four. Sit tight and look out for the final installment!

Love that picture! We got ourselves a regular Scott ActionMan and Major Tompkins over here.

• Like 1

Fourvel's account of dating Mildred and Patty is made all the more complicated by the fact that Mildred had been dead for 11 years when they had their January-December romance.

• Like 2

So far, there's been a couple episodes in this countdown that I did not expect to be in it. And since there's only 3 spots left, I'm just going to assume its 'Exorcism of Cake Boss' and 'Oh Golly' 1 & 2.

• Like 1

Mere seconds - MERE SECONDS - after I think, "The Jug Bandit would be a great enemy for JW Stillwater," Scott says, "I would like to see JW Stillwater battle The Jug Bandit." TOP THAT MOMENT, 2015!

• Like 1

Each new best of really makes me want Scott and PFT to just do a musical episode already

• Like 4

So far, there's been a couple episodes in this countdown that I did not expect to be in it. And since there's only 3 spots left, I'm just going to assume its 'Exorcism of Cake Boss' and 'Oh Golly' 1 & 2.

Seems so. Shame that no Intern Gino episodes made the list. He was great all year.

• Like 7

I really really really hope it's OGYD. Its one of my favorite things ever.

I really really really hope it's OGYD. Its one of my favorite things ever.

EP. 300 was an Andy Daly tour de force. It will most definitely make the list.

I loved Solo Bolo but also surprised that it was so high. Also surprised that Grounded Me@ made the top 15, but there's always a couple surprises!

I love me Benny Schwaaatz but I couldn't get into solo bolo because I need the dynamic of a Besser or Sanz to fuck with him... Benny getting outraged is the funniest thing ever.

A Pott F TompkerCast would work

• Like 1

Also, God, I love Dabney... There's something so satisfying about hearing Scott try and fail to do a character.

Comedians bombing... Am I just a sick bastard for liking that kind of stuff?

• Like 2

Two more of my selections made the Top 10....Woo! I'm here at work, laughing in hysterics. I totally forgot about the Hollywood Facts bit in the Sandberg episode. And the Technicality No Down Boo Over origin is pure genius.... I believe it was used in the Exorcism of Cake Boss ep.

Pretty much resigned that both my favorites from the year (Thrilling Adventure and the Esposito-Stillwater ep--I thought the latter was an example of improvised plot-twisting rivaling Time Bobby) probably didn't make the best-of, but not feeling too bad about it because the best-of eps are just so fun; that said, you could probably pick a random assortment of 15 eps and have Scotty and PFT do this and it'd be totally worthwhile. It's a good thing the best-ofs aren't eligible for best-of, or we might have to deal with paradoxes...

Also YES, get on Solo Bolo 2 and also Solo Paulo 1 (maybe 1 1/2 counting the lost ep).

Also, maybe it's just me but for me, the "Technicality No Down Boo Over" joke, as it has settled, very much has the feel of the end of

from Mr. Show. "Someone says something vaguely unnatural but with a weirdly good cadence, which then gets stripped of context and meaning and turned into a sort of chant," that sort of thing.

Can "The Jug Bandit" please be a new charac a la JW Stillwater?

(ok so I paused to write out this comment and then immediately after resuming scott said exactly what I was thinking so yeah, make it happen!)

Also I am thrilled/mortified by how well I remember the hollywood facts theme months after listening to that ep.

• Like 1

Pretty much resigned that both my favorites from the year (Thrilling Adventure and the Esposito-Stillwater ep--I thought the latter was an example of improvised plot-twisting rivaling Time Bobby) probably didn't make the best-of, but not feeling too bad about it because the best-of eps are just so fun; that said, you could probably pick a random assortment of 15 eps and have Scotty and PFT do this and it'd be totally worthwhile. It's a good thing the best-ofs aren't eligible for best-of, or we might have to deal with paradoxes...

Also YES, get on Solo Bolo 2 and also Solo Paulo 1 (maybe 1 1/2 counting the lost ep).

Also, maybe it's just me but for me, the "Technicality No Down Boo Over" joke, as it has settled, very much has the feel of the end of

from Mr. Show. "Someone says something vaguely unnatural but with a weirdly good cadence, which then gets stripped of context and meaning and turned into a sort of chant," that sort of thing.

Well, that makes sense because both Scottrick and PFT wrote for it!

Loved thrilling adventure hour, but I couldn't tell whether Mark was just playing the annoyed guest or was really just not getting into it (my least favorite guest of the year, I'm sorry, was Adam Resnick. Brilliantly funny writer, lousy interview). But K was hilarious!

Oh My Goodness!

So I was listening to this episode with headphones and was working; had to do a task that required my hands all the time so I couldn't change songs.

The Hollywood Facts bit came on, couldn't change it, GAG ME WITH A SPOON WITH SYRUP OF IPECAC

ARGGGGGYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE

Solo Bolo?? Time Bobby 3?? are you all being paid by comedy lobbiests or something to vote for these weak ass episodes just because they have CBB favorites in them? there were so many funnier episodes this year, you people disappointment me.

I think last week's picks were way funnier than these episodes, though I will say I loved the Andy Samberg/Todd episode and Wompler's birthday had great people but was way over stuffed.

since we all can guess which ones are going to be picked next week that means, no love for Gino, or the amazing Todd Glass/James Adomian episode or He He

• Like 3