🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 7 — It's Not Just Magic with Rick Glassman

Oh my god this was AMAZING! His reactions were very Hollywood Handbook, 'Now....are you serious? Women have QUEEN beds because they are QUEENS!'. The way things just started coming apart right off the bad with Lauren having no idea what he was talking about, 'I had a three of clubs....' just made it perfect. From that moment on I knew this was going to be perfect.

• Like 4

Next time, try passing on posting shitty non-constructive comments as well!

---===☆ The More You Know

Feels like we're seeing a lot more of this lately on the forums. At least one person just saying something as critical as it is vague and baseless. Are we becoming a shitty fanbase?

• Like 1

Oh my god this was AMAZING! His reactions were very Hollywood Handbook, 'Now....are you serious? Women have QUEEN beds because they are QUEENS!'. The way things just started coming apart right off the bad with Lauren having no idea what he was talking about, 'I had a three of clubs....' just made it perfect. From that moment on I knew this was going to be perfect.

I could not agree more with this. I thought this was the best episode yet (besides Public Domain with PFT). I like how Lauren is bringing on comedians that I might not get a chance to hear otherwise.

• Like 2

I could not agree more with this. I thought this was the best episode yet (besides Public Domain with PFT). I like how Lauren is bringing on comedians that I might not get a chance to hear otherwise.

I had never heard of Rick before this and as soon as he started with the crazy card playing cold-open, I wanted more of him.

• Like 2

I love this show, and I'm sorry for front loading my comment but I have a learning disorder, but he kept saying acronym when he meant initialism. An acronym is a word made from the first letters where as initialism are just the letters. Examples? Sure why not, Acronym = SCUBA. Initialism = FBI.

Again love the show, one of my new faves, and I don't mean to correct a made up character on a free podcast for no result, but I have a learning disorder. I also can't tell the difference between cats and dogs... like physically. It's a different disorder. Totally unrelated. So... there's that.

• Like 2

I love this show, and I'm sorry for front loading my comment but I have a learning disorder, but he kept saying acronym when he meant initialism. An acronym is a word made from the first letters where as initialism are just the letters. Examples? Sure why not, Acronym = SCUBA. Initialism = FBI.

Again love the show, one of my new faves, and I don't mean to correct a made up character on a free podcast for no result, but I have a learning disorder. I also can't tell the difference between cats and dogs... like physically. It's a different disorder. Totally unrelated. So... there's that.

HA! Oh my gosh! You actually helped me out a ton today. I was trying to think of EXACTLY this while explaining a graphic to a friend. I could not think of that term!.

Wow, we've had very different tabletop experiences. It's true, there's more room for self-selection, since you can choose your group from real people you know aren't terrible more readily than in online gaming (my boardgame group is super awesome, mostly because our organizers are strong assertive women who do not tolerate shitty behavior), but in my experience "random" play (conventions, game shop play) is as sexist and troglodytic as video gaming if not moreso (which is why I tend to avoid those settings).

do you like playing with strong, assertive men, too. Or just women?

I guess I'm a sexist troglodyte because I play NHL 14 every once in a while.?

What a joke. You're soooo tolerant. When it suits you

No need. I turned it off. I've enjoyed all the previous episodes, but this one just didn't grab me so I passed on it.

I have to say I passed on this one as well.

I've enjoyed all the episodes so far and recommended the podcast to many friends.

But just like there is a danger to get too schticky and too cartoony maybe you can get too real in a proday based sketch.

I think if you met these people in real life you would be crawling out of your skin to get away after 13 mins.

Didn't see the oasis of funny with this one.

I think it really got going 30 minutes in. Sort of like Scharpling and Wurster at times, it took awhile to build to the twist. I think the second half was hilarious.

• Like 1

I just loved how it veered into complete nonsense with the Men vs Women talk - it was inspired lunacy, and I stopped thinking of it as any kind of commentary on gamers, but a window into an alternate universe. Great episode!

• Like 1

1. All women are fat (have big bellies) and all men have 6 packs.

2. All women have short hair and all men have medium hair.

3. Women burp out their b*tt and fart out of their mouth (also shit out their mouth) - men vice versa.

4. Men can do whatever they want and women are thirty.

• Like 1

Feels like we're seeing a lot more of this lately on the forums. At least one person just saying something as critical as it is vague and baseless. Are we becoming a shitty fanbase?

With success comes dickhead fans. The way it is and always will be.

• Like 1

Yeah, South Park sorta phoned that one in, esp compared to the research they'd put, for comparison, into "Make Love, Not Warcraft."

But on the other hand, that episode was about cock magic.

Anyway I thought this episode was great. I coulda listened to a whole hour of MtG-themed improv, even as much as I enjoyed when things abruptly took a turn.

Plus - "Your fanbase is harsh, and they're crazy!" - Damien Forceright

• Like 1

i don't play Magic but some of my friends love it. I wish this ep had more Magic talk just so i could recommend them a funny magic themed episode. anyways...damien was supposed to be a guy at the beginning right but rick (hilariously) forgot who he was introducing? The more i think back to this ep the more I like it.

I am very late to the party, and I am very embarrassed to admit that I paid for my college education with Magic winnings back in 1997.