🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 109 — Is There A Dingy?

The gang must escape from their tiny boat after a giant wave strikes them. Can they make it to shore? Will they be able to save their equipment? Did everyone have a good Christmas? Tune in to find out!

Rogues in second edition (from memory may need to be confirmed)

1d6 hp per level (constitution bonus if applicable)

+60 skill points on first level +30 each level gained after (no more than half to be put into one skill)

Skills that can increase with these points all in percent success

Move silently

Hide in shadows

Pick pockets

Pick locks

Find/remove traps

Detect noise

Read language

Other things that scale on level to watch out for

Thac0

Saving throws

Back stab multiplier

Weapon proficiencies

Non weapon proficiencies

Son of the Beach, that was the Baywatch parody.

Also there was an episode of "Cosby" (NOT The Cosby Show!) where he purchases a cappacino machine but sadly I can not find any clips of it online :(

So couldn't tell, was that at all intentional irony/unreliable narrator when the party decided that the giants were probably genetically evil based on what we've seen? With the exception of the one weird mountain man pretty every other giant that they've gotten in a fight with has either been an unwitting ambush victim or reasonably defending their territory against these tiny murder-fiends. Not to mention that after the first two they've seen the defiled corpses of their buddies, molested and a couple of times genitally mutilated.

Don't get me wrong, I love where this all is going, because it's hilarious, but do you guys really still think you're the good guys here?

• Like 5

This episode might be a sign that Jerry, Sarah, Sark and now Ken have left to do their own podcast.

Is there any chance the next episode is sark coming back and the entire old team wakes up from confinement in a strange ship surrounded by collectors, having just dreamed the current campaign with Blaine as a horrible nightmare? Surrounded by the enemy The priest of Judas says "oh thank god!"

At this point I'm hoping collectors come to the studio to rough up Blaine.

Rogues in second edition (from memory may need to be confirmed)

1d6 hp per level (constitution bonus if applicable)

+60 skill points on first level +30 each level gained after (no more than half to be put into one skill)

Skills that can increase with these points all in percent success

Move silently

Hide in shadows

Pick pockets

Pick locks

Find/remove traps

Detect noise

Read language

Other things that scale on level to watch out for

Thac0

Saving throws

Back stab multiplier

Weapon proficiencies

Non weapon proficiencies

Thanks! Updating my sheet.

So couldn't tell, was that at all intentional irony/unreliable narrator when the party decided that the giants were probably genetically evil based on what we've seen? With the exception of the one weird mountain man pretty every other giant that they've gotten in a fight with has either been an unwitting ambush victim or reasonably defending their territory against these tiny murder-fiends. Not to mention that after the first two they've seen the defiled corpses of their buddies, molested and a couple of times genitally mutilated.

Don't get me wrong, I love where this all is going, because it's hilarious, but do you guys really still think you're the good guys here?

I have a logical answer to this because I track all my choices to attack against my alignment, but I am reluctant to share them because I'm pretty sure delving into such semantics would permanently alter my own personal alignment.

• Like 3

I think I figured out my hangup about the current group. They are playing characters designed by other people. It's like watching episodes of Bewitched with the new Darrin, only four of them,

• Like 1

Somehow I listened to this against my better judgement. I think Blaine ran out of cocaine. He was actually listenable and took it down about 7 notches. It still didn't move the story along (best efforts noted!) they swam a minute, ran a bit and still have no idea what's happening or why. Blue, gold , red dogs and no reason to care.

• Like 1

'My friends, we have run very far from these red giants. We've been in pursuit. We are no longer in their home territory. I say if they want to come for us, let them come! Let us not run and be afraid! Let us stab them in their crimson taints and let flow forth the blood of a dumbass giant who dared follow us when we have the purest of frost and blades!"

This scene was pretty wonderful :D

• Like 4

Props to Dan for playing the character well and to all for trying to move things along. Y'all just gotta get Blaine some chamomile tea or something, he seemed manic and the vibe felt all wrong to me. I dunno if that has anything to do with Ken being gone, like perhaps I have not noticed that Ken balances it out or something. I wasn't there so I can't say but it just felt like no one wanted to be there. The last portion of the episode they're just filling time talking about how much more time they have to do. Not super compelling in any sense and this is from the guy who has listened ever since it came up on Earwolf Presents two years ago and always always always backs this show when fools step. This might even be the only non-positive comment I've ever made about this show actually.

• Like 2

Steve Agee's creepy-guy Buffalo Bill Cody voice kills me every time -- but it was even funnier when Dan was asking him to do it and Steve either couldn't or wouldn't.

I want Steve to go on Ronna and Beverly and do that voice the whole time. I think Ronna would be disgusted, but it would get Beverly's motor going.

• Like 1