🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 328 — Beatle Heaven

2015 is starting to look like the year of first timers as Anders Holm of Workaholics and Mike, Steve, and Steve of the Rock ‘n’ Roll band American Football join Scott for a B-B-B-ONUS-S-S-S episode of Comedy Bing Bong! We’ll hear some amazing acoustic performances from the guys of American Football as well as hear all about the upcoming 5th season of Workaholics. Later, the legendary John Lennon of The Beatles makes a rare appearance to give everyone tips on playing music and to join in on a game of Would You Rather!

Damn, I love American Football. And Anders Holm. And Mike Hanford. Can't wait to listen to this.

• Like 3

I've heard of Jan Hooks, but Jan. 8? (RIP)

I love it how a bad experience at a live show evolves into having this band on the show, and so far they are great. I'm def gonna check out these guys records.

• Like 6

Love when I see such surprise as American Football being on CBB! Also Anders and Mike on the same show is a smart pair up.

• Like 2

BONUS? MORE LIKE BON US! CAUSE US IS FRENCHY GOOD AFTER AN EPPY LIKE THIS.

BOLD PLEDGE. I'm sure PFT is drinking slowly somewhere, planning his defiant return regardless of this declaration of no more repeat guests.

• Like 2

I was hoping this would be the nicky kroll episode, and then when there was the sudden mr show almost news break on who charted, I thought this could be a special ep with bob and david to announce something... turns out not as exciting as either of those possibilities, but I like Anders so its nice to finally hear him on the show

Scotty A's hot new R&B slow jam drops next week: "Moms and Dads Keep Fucking (Twice A Year Mommy And Daddy Have Sex)"

• Like 1

is this fucking real or a fever dream?

Gotta be real because there's no way I would have even dreamed that American Football would be on CBB.

• Like 1

Favorite part of the ep, was the full would you rather theme. C+

• Like 2

is this fucking real or a fever dream?

Monday's ep kinda felt like a fever dream..

• Like 1

Wow, this episode gives me hope, since Mike Kinsella (American Football) was on CBB maybe his way more talented brother Tim (Cap'n Jazz, Owls, Joan of Arc) could be on. I would love if one of my favorite songwriters ever was on CBB.

• Like 1

There were actually six words on the marquee!

American Football

Sold Out

All Weekend

Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would become a reality. Just hearing Scott say the word emo made my day.

• Like 2

I love how Lennon's accent occasionally sounds like an old Jewish man.

Def not among the best Lennon impersonations

Super excited to listen to this! Was just starting to listen to Owls first album when I checked twitter and saw American Football was on CBB! The Kinsella brothers are both super talented, I love Mike's work in Owen.

• Like 1

I coulda sworn Scott was gonna ask Anders "Is this your card?"

It was like being stuck almost-sneezing and never actually doing it.

• Like 2

C'mon man.

Sorry for being opinionated. To me, a song that is just a pretty melody is like a painting of flowers. I like American Football, but I think Tim's writing is by far the greatest thing to come out of that whole group of musicians, and yes, I am taking into account how amazing of a guitarist Victor Villarreal is. But yes, it is just an opinion. Still, bring on Tim Kinsella!

I was impressed by how funny Mike and Steve(x2) were. They fit in perfectly! C+!

I'm curious.... how many CBB fans were big emo fans in the 90s? I loved AF, Owen, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, Cap'n Jazz... all that nonsense. Does the emo/comedy venn diagram have a huge overlap?

Is Anders the first guy to mention the Cosby scandal on CBB? I was wondering for a while if Bill Cosby-Bukowski would make some sort of appearance to acknowledge it. After the quick turnaround on Buddy V's arrest, with the Pie Minister making an appearance, I figured if BCB hadn't commented by now, that they weren't touching it.

I was impressed by how funny Mike and Steve(x2) were. They fit in perfectly! C+!

I'm curious.... how many CBB fans were big emo fans in the 90s? I loved AF, Owen, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, Cap'n Jazz... all that nonsense. Does the emo/comedy venn diagram have a huge overlap?

I'd like to think fans of good music and good comedy overlap in general. Not always the case, but then again, as previously pointed out, that's all relative anyways, but sure, most people I know that enjoy 2nd wave emo bands like those you listed like CBB.