🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 214.5 — 1/09/15 TWO CHARTED 153

You all should ease up on Howard a tiny bit. I don't think he was acting as a taste-maker for the audience, I think he was sharing with the audience like, "hey, just so you know, this is what I'm listening to right now."

But he gets mad (probably mostly jokingly, but still) when Ku and Stard don't adequately give it up for his choices!

• Like 1

But he gets mad (probably mostly jokingly, but still) when Ku and Stard don't adequately give it up for his choices!

Yep. He stepped all over that Peter Gabriel song.

i was trying to say he's digging for tiny nuggets of gold in these dungheaps of songs, but he won't have it! howard is different, that's why we love him.

I will say though that if you do get on the topic of more timeless music and the classic bands and stuff, he's heard it all and can get surprisingly wonky. it's almost like he's lived 1000 years and is just bored with quality.

• Like 12

it's almost like he's lived 1000 years

Finally, confirmation of Howard's age!

• Like 6

it's almost like he's lived 1000 years and is just bored with quality.

That's a great way to put it. He seems like an Enoch Root kind of character.

• Like 1

We're just ribbing Howard. Hating that music made for a great podcast!

i was trying to say he's digging for tiny nuggets of gold in these dungheaps of songs, but he won't have it! howard is different, that's why we love him.

I will say though that if you do get on the topic of more timeless music and the classic bands and stuff, he's heard it all and can get surprisingly wonky. it's almost like he's lived 1000 years and is just bored with quality.

He does sometimes come off like an ageless wizard who is so tired of hearing so many classics through so many eras, so it just takes something new and refreshing or with just a shade of newness to break through the barrier of pluglife and find a way into his heart

He does sometimes come off like an ageless wizard who is so tired of hearing so many classics through so many eras, so it just takes something new and refreshing or with just a shade of newness to break through the barrier of pluglife and find a way into his heart

It also fits in with his hating of too-long movies. "Just get on with it! Gimme something new!"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this