🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 2 - Cereal

Lauren Lapkus courageously steps up to the plate at Bro-Bro Studio and answers the tough questions, such as "what movie were you in?" - Emmy winning comedy writer, and long-time friend, Kevin Dorff takes us deep inside the writer's room and everyone gets nostalgic for WGN. Horatio and Chad go on a quest to find out what is America's favorite cereal, and Werner Herzog pitches a hidden camera prank show to MTV featuring hit rapper 'Lil Dogg.

• Like 2

Horatio and Lauren have great chemistry together. They play off each other so perfectly and hearing them go back and forth is a joy to listen to. The vibe of the podcast is really unique. It's all over the place, but in an enjoyable way. It was also cool to here them talk about local Chicago shows. I spent the first half of my childhood there so it was a nice nostalgia trip for me as well.

• Like 3

this show is too scattered and uneven to be listenable

I AINT

• Like 8

fuckin' Horatio and his big gulps

I want to believe those are the only cups he owns and he has a stack of them for when visitors come to his house.

• Like 6

I'm sure some people might've felt it coming from a mile away, but I didn't see the final gag of the AIN'T skit coming, so I really enjoyed that.

I enjoyed the first episode of the show, but this one definitely felt more cohesive. Imagine it will get even more so as Horatio finds his groove. <Insert joke about Stella here. No, not that Stella. The black one.>

• Like 3

I'm really digging this show in the fact that it IS all over the place yet cohesive. It's also one of Earwolf's better produced shows and the editing must take some work. Hooray!

• Like 2

It would've been amazing if PFT was Werner Herzog, but it was still a great podcast. Love the music and production.

It would've been amazing if PFT was Werner Herzog, but it was still a great podcast. Love the music and production.

Don't worry, this is a new podcast on Earwolf/Wolfpop, so the Mighty Might Paul F. will be there once his schedule permits it. Currently, it's one of the few podcasts he has not been on.
  • Like 3

Great stuff, big improvement over the pilot. (And for anyone who hasn't listened to it, they were right, the live ep of WSGLL was indeed great.)

• Like 1

Lapkus loves laughing at her own jokes and even things that don't exactly qualify as jokes but just things that she said.

There's something really cool about this show that I can't put my finger on (though it doesn't hurt that Horatio has great taste in music. Last episode Thom Yorke, now David Bazan? And deep cuts at that? Nice). It's very all over the place and silly, much like Horatio, so it works.

I did notice that the show isn't listed under "Shows" on Earwolf or Wolfpop, so people are going to have trouble finding it.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the comedy Kevin Dorf improvised as Werner Herzog. I was stunned by the mixture of intellectualism and sadism he gave the character. Herzog's loonieness notwithstanding, I found pearls of wisdom in the following brief article, " 'Carry Bolt Cutters Everywhere': Werner Herzog Has 24 Amazing Pieces Of Advice."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/carry-bolt-cutters-everywhere-werner-herzog-has-24-amazing-pieces-of-advice-20150116

• Like 1

I really enjoy the editing and fast pace of this show. It's nice and different from the standard comedians in a room format. I like that it's a mix of music, sketches, and interview. And I loved the call in portion. Very fun podcast.

Sign in to follow this