🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 331 — Secret Superlatives

corrections and omissions:

as much as I loved the reference, Hot Butter were not the actual writers of the song Popcorn. as a massive fan of 60's and 70's German electronic music, I felt obligated to mention that it was written by Gershon Kingsley (of Perrey-Kingsley) and originally appeared on his album Music to Moog By. their music, including the popularity of that particular single, is widely responsible for making electronic instruments relevant in pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hU8gVDxmUc

hmm, sounds like I need to write a book on how sitting around listening to obscure music has made me lazy when it comes to my own creativity.... damn.

• Like 2

corrections and omissions:

as much as I loved the reference, Hot Butter were not the actual writers of the song Popcorn. as a massive fan of 60's and 70's German electronic music, I felt obligated to mention that it was written by Gershon Kingsley (of Perrey-Kingsley) and originally appeared on his album Music to Moog By. their music, including the popularity of that particular single, is widely responsible for making electronic instruments relevant in pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hU8gVDxmUc

hmm, sounds like I need to write a book on how sitting around listening to obscure music has made me lazy when it comes to my own creativity.... damn.

THANK you! I'm so damn tired of Hot Butter taking all the credit for others' work! (Though I have to admit to a slight bit of bias since people have heard of Hot Butter and not my own band, Warm Margarine.)

• Like 6

I'm just curious how these people juggle work and family. Why won't Scott address this serious issue?

• Like 2

Why is it that Patton manages to be on the most fucked up greps? I don't recall him throwing LL and Mary man curveballs, but like the Don Dimello one that got weird FAST.

2015 is the year of Wild Horses.

The 4 of them should be cast as every character in the new Ghostbusters. Amy, Tina, Maya and Kristen can go fly a kite!

That's the only way I would watch that movie (except maybe Jessica and Lennon.)

Oof, "neggar please" made me cringe haha.

Great plugs theme!

I'm beginning to think we're never going to get to the roots of Patton's pain.

• Like 5

Benjamin Button must come up in every 4th episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

I'm fine with that.

What a great episode! Everyone was spot on and - as always - when they have fun, I have fun.

Patton is always funny so that was never in question (I'm going to get that book for certain!). Lauren Lapkus just continues to be a character juggernaut. Adore her! And Mary Holland was a perfect cherry on this podcast.

These are the episodes I love; just genuinely fun and funny.

• Like 3

mannnnnnnnnn this was incredible! :D :D :D lots of laughsss!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pure magic.

I never knew about the potential Chevy Chase version of "The Day the Clown Cried". Incredible.

LOVED Scott's "lazy hunchback" line and the call-back to it later.

• Like 4

Yes! Looks like I get to be the annoying 'but actually' guy and say that Jean Cocteau directed the 1946 Beauty and the Beast, not Renoir.

• Like 1

2015 is the year of Wild Horses.

The 4 of them should be cast as every character in the new Ghostbusters. Amy, Tina, Maya and Kristen can go fly a kite!

In the leaked film studio emails from Sony, it was suggested that it would not be Amy, Tina, Maya and Kristen in Feig's Ghostbusters but Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa Mccarthy, Amy Schumer and Friend-of-the-Show (CBB Episode #174 "Series Regulars") Lizzy Caplan.

1798665_783038261790831_7134615480590225179_n.jpg?oh=4fb4bdc12b98cf0fdf75eb31ac4a23b1&oe=556E33A1&__gda__=1432251377_4de2ac597268c8ed7e39057bfc205801

10923388_783038271790830_6185627345188434888_n.jpg?oh=7fce80cbc7f46c343e589a533d9fac7b&oe=556725C0&__gda__=1431530057_e8747bcde693c1391ef5254f147de299

In the leaked film studio emails from Sony, it was suggested that it would not be Amy, Tina, Maya and Kristen in Feig's Ghostbusters but Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa Mccarthy, Amy Schumer and Friend-of-the-Show (CBB Episode #174 "Series Regulars") Lizzy Caplan.

Wow, pretty creative of Sony to come up with 9 people of whom 8.5 are white.

• Like 1

Wow, pretty creative of Sony to come up with 9 people of whom 8.5 are white.

While I totally get and support your point toward Hollywood's problem with diversity in casting, please don't separate a person into .5's based on their ethnicity. Maya is a person of color. Let that be it if it's to be anything. No poc spends the percentage of white they are being mistaken as just white in life.

• Like 11

I'm just waiting for one of you pigs to post about how cute or sexy one of these female guests look to you.

Guys! It's not that kinda show. Okay? These are brilliant performers here. Let's keep it classy.

Now that that's out of the way;

I liked the part where LL's character's dick kept getting bigger every time Mary Holland talked about her mom's pussy.

Mary Holland. She kills me. I wanna call her up and make Dan Engler delete this comment.

• Like 2

LL not satisifed being the 2014 undisputed champ of the podcast world, going hard for the repeat.

great, great episode.

i really hope they do come back in april (especially just for scott's sake, given his situation with the living sperm that he needs to hold onto until it can be reunited with the egg to make a new benjamin button).

I love that Lauren Lapkus seems to be trying to set a new record for "CBB regular whose characters have whipped their dicks out the most times."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this