🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 68 — Erin Gibson, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean start off by covering what's trending for pilot season. Then, ERIN GIBSON from Throwing Shade is in the studio to talk about being a feminist, play "Is That Bad?", take sides on the Bruce Jenner issue, and illuminate gender issues in the entertainment industry.

• Like 2

I've heard other people get roasted on this show and I don't feel like any of them got it as hard as I did. I'm happy with the pro version, but I think I might need to take a few weeks off.

BTW have you guys seen that Justine Beaver is gonna get roasted? I hope they make him cry and call him a lesbian and say he looks like a girl even though he's grown up to be a pretty handsome young man.

• Like 8

I just listened to Erin's episode of Reality SHOW Show yesterday. A lot of people say women can't be funny, but me? I think some of them actually can be's funny and this one in particular makes me loff.

• Like 2

Sean references the movie Juno when Erin outs Ellen Page. Thinking that's a statement on this storm.

Does that count as slut-shaming?

(That term makes me uncomfortable.)

Popcorn Gallery Question I didn't get to ask:

Erin,

How much of feminism is just an excuse for ladies to wear pant-suits in a group? Why do they need an excuse? I believe women should be allowed to wear pant-suits whenever and wherever and with whomever they choose.

• Like 6

Great to hear a long deserved slam on that big fat meanie face James Hatsfield, take him down a peg or two

• Like 3

Sounds like a good ep to me, but I'd like to listen 4-6 more times before I come to a conclusion.

I also 'introduced' my girlfriend to HH on a car trip last weekend and she loffed frequently but not uncontrollably. She already liked RSS so it was kind of a cinch, but still, spreading the good word.

• Like 1

I keep having to pause and digest the goodness in small amounts, so I don't get a tummy ache in my brains. I'm pretty stuck on Anansi the frog. In fact, I would listen to an entire podcast series of Anansi the frog stories.

I also liked the facts about tapeworms, but I wish they could have lingered a little longer on comparing the show to a centipede.

PS sorry for the spoilers.

• Like 5

As Emmeline Pankhurst once said: "The ultimate goal of the feminist movement is for the female love interest to get more jokes in romcoms"

• Like 5

I could listen to them put Proposition Phil on blast all day.

Also hi, I'm new. Sorry.

• Like 6

This Mike is a reeeaaaal character, isn't he fellas?

He's so goofy, it's like a big goofball just goofing on the forums

• Like 4

Mike doesn't have time for any nonsense, and I appreciate that! I think he brings a businesslike approach that is sorely missing from the forum.

• Like 4

Also hi, I'm new. Sorry.

Now THIS is appropriate introduction. I accept your apology, but only after acknowledging that it was necessary

• Like 7

Now THIS is appropriate introduction. I accept your apology, but only after acknowledging that it was necessary

Yeah, cause smart folks like us, we were never new. Only a big dumb idiot would be new to the forums. I say we kick out LydonDontCallMeLyndon IMMEDIATELY! #imbeingsarcastic #thereshouldbeasarcasmfont

Edit: Actually, I think I only like new guys. I'm bored of all you old guys, and that includes me. #stillbeingsarcastic

Really good ep. I enjoyed learning about "feminism," whatever that is. The real issue is straight white men not being treated fairly in society, don't forget that.

• Like 1

I could listen to them put Proposition Phil on blast all day.

Also hi, I'm new. Sorry.

I liked it at first since the chair that I was sitting on did have some stains on it, but she went too far.

• Like 8

"Is That Bad?" could be an early clubhouse leader for Segment of the Year at the Poddy Awards

• Like 2

I was enjoying the last thread so much that I was almost sad that a new episode came out....almost. But then I listened and it was fun and good and it sounded like the boys were having fun.

I think the best episodes are when Sean and Hayes seem to be having a really good time.

PS - Buuuuuuuurn! Prop Phil, how's that Baywatch poster treating you?

• Like 12

i think mr hayes and sean should put out a bad episode some time so i can come in and say something besides "great ep" on page 2 every week

great ep

• Like 10