🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 11 — Life's Miracles with Allen Carp

Wasn't going to post again, but...

It's just so weird that you could say you love someone's work elsewhere, and yet still feel comfortable saying you hate something else they do when YOU KNOW THEY'LL BE SEEING WHAT YOU SAY. It's like gossiping about someone who's standing right next to you.

I understand people want to give their honest opinion, but do you not get how the internet or empathy work?

Its not gossip if you are doing it so that they can hear you.

you don't tell loved ones when you think they are doing something wrong? that's kinda what you're saying.

That comparison to "a loved one doing something wrong" is pretty pathetic. Again these are free podcasts made by people who, surprise, MAKE MONEY DOING OTHER THINGS THAT ARE NOT THIS! Yet they choose to still give us free content daily, how lucky are we!

To think that they could or should give anything CLOSE to a shit about whether you think this episode is funnier than the last, or that anyone other than your poor significant other who has no choice but to humour you when you spout off redundant opinions about things made by talented people, should even listen to what you have to say about episode 11 of WSGLL demonstrates to me a lack of self-awareness. When I love a show I try to let the creators know. When I don't love a show it's a nice healthy reminder that I'm not in some kind of Truman Show situation where the entire planet and population revolves around me and my sensibilities.

My reaction to listening to something that isn't as good as I thought it would be, that was free and arrived on my phone like magic, that is made by creative people who by all means do not have to be doing this any more, is as follows: "Ok, time to get on with my day."

• Like 1

@ratpack

And to quote from the gospel of Paul F. Tompkins regarding a podcast ep he's not feeling: "Waitaminute- I don't have to listen to this! I'm an adult!"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this