🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 113 — Biker Giants are Dicks

The gang continues to fight these biker giants for Lyra! Screw you giants!

With this episode I am finally caught up with Nerd Poker.

It is a bittersweet mountain to have climbed because my favorite character has died. I don't mean to step on AnimatedBeaver's pixelated and vastly more talented feet but I made something in honor of Lyra the Bearblaster.

She never took shit from anyone and stabbed a variety of things to death. I hope she comes back as a wraith and kills all the giants forever.

lyra_rip.png

• Like 8

I hope the Blue City is actually full of Smurfs, and that Dan's new character is a monk who smokes opium, and that together they start a Ministry cover band called Garry Shambling & The Melee Wizards. I drank a lot of cough syrup awhile ago.

• Like 5

Praise Judas.

Yeah, was wondering if that might have been in the mix, all Blaine said to that d100 roll was "wanted to see if something happens," he never said whether the answer was "yes" or "no."

Fun potential plot twist--what if the blob did in some way assimilate Lyra's freshly-dead brain so that it carries some vestige of her consciousness, but in a damaged way, and it/she's PISSED OFF that they left it/her behind...

I have to admit, I failed my saving throw against stoicism and shed an imaginary tear for the imaginary death of Lyra. She will be sorely missed...

I will say, the last few episodes have produced--for me at least--some of the top moments in NP history (i.e. bear head explosion, reanimated Lyra glob monster, etc.) Keep up the great work everybody! When you all have fun, we all have fun!

• Like 3

Fun potential plot twist--what if the blob did in some way assimilate Lyra's freshly-dead brain so that it carries some vestige of her consciousness, but in a damaged way, and it/she's PISSED OFF that they left it/her behind...

I think that was certainly the idea with the blob attacking the giants. She was still in there for at least a while.

• Like 2

I feel like Lyra deserves a proper funeral. Does anyone else in the group have a bucket?

• Like 3

Anyone else think a bit of katamari damacy after a bit? I know she was more of an absorby type thing instead of an ooze of sticky but just seemed to fit (Or maybe Trapper Keeper from Soutpark but better looking and more pissed off). Either way, made me almost put down my pudding and scoop one out for my fallen homie... almost.

• Like 1

I was starting to get bored of giants, not after this, that was awesome. Bye Lyra you will be missed! Great episode guys.

• Like 2

Just donated to Nerd Poker in hopes of starting a Lyra Memorial Fund. Together we can stop the giant infestation and trace each other's dicks.

• Like 3

Ok, I almost couldn't make it through this episode. I've been listening to this show from the beginning, and I love it, but the whole eating into the microphone is just rude and gross. It was funny/gross the first couple of times, but now it's just distracting and repulsive.

I love that grenade-shredded genitals rain down like ticker tape at the Tracing's Day Parade and a burrito bowl can still turn nerds into elderly women clutching their pearls.

PS: I have mild misophonia but I still barely hear it when people freak out about it on the forums. I think if you find it that offensive you are not used to eating in public restaurants and the world cannot possibly cater to your standards.

• Like 6

A few times I have found myself wondering if Brian is an all-day eater or just likes to nom during recording. Judging by the menu, that room must be pretty funky by the time you guys record the second episode of a session. #Arbys

• Like 1

Misophonia, that's a new one thanks. Restaurants are fine, but Carl's Junior commercials are not so great. Maybe it's just context? I go to a restaurant I expect to hear eating, but there's also conversation, and I'm typically eating too. Listening to a podcast, is totally different, those earbuds are right in your ear, and the whole concept is that you are listening... You're trying to follow a story, and waiting for some comedic timing to hopefully hit the mark. It's not like dinner, and it's not like listening to a song you've heard dozens of times before. And that's why the quality matters. You want people to hear what you're saying, otherwise you'd just play D&D in your basement. And you want it to be something that you're dick tracing proud of, that's why you do it in a studio with a producer, not on a hissing Radio Shack microphone.

Really, that's the only thing I can find fault with on the show though. I guess I should have given a bit more praise and then the little 'room for improvement' comment.

Sorry to raise your hackles Dan. It wasn't my intention.

Ha! You didn't raise my hackles. It's just my sworn oath to make light of anyone who stomps around this forum acting like a nerd crime has been committed.

• Like 6

Did Winter kill it with Magic missiles? THEN HIT IT WITH A STICK!!

I love how the mage has no hesitation to go full beat-down, one of the many reasons I love Winter so much. Great job, Steve!

• Like 3

name='Dan Telfer' timestamp='1423119693' post='129574']Ha! You didn't raise my hackles. It's just my sworn oath to make light of anyone who stomps around this forum acting like a nerd crime has been committed.

Mad TV - Honey Dipper Dan:

Sorry Dan, I blame your name.

There once was a grizzled man -

He went by the name of peacekeeper Dan.

When nerds got mad stomping their feet,

Dan burned them up into some peat.

Scared of feelings they hurt,

begging for mercy they started to spurt -

"didn't mean to upset ya - just said it for fun"

Dan said "my feelins don't give a shit and this complaining is done."

I've been trying to deduce what Dan might roll. I'm going with Half-Orc cleric. Never had a half-orc on the show, and heals are always welcome. Maybe they'll find him in a giant's cage. I'm probably completely wrong on all counts.

Ha! You didn't raise my hackles. It's just my sworn oath to make light of anyone who stomps around this forum acting like a nerd crime has been committed.

Your hard work is appreciated!

Seriously, eating munchies has always been part of the D&D experience. We're not here for slick production values, we're here to hear a bunch of funny guys play D&D.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this