🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 5 - A BETTER VIEW

While I may want the conversations in these episodes to go on forever, there's a real art to editing things tightly while preserving the spirit of the show.

I love that Earwolf 2.0 has given Horatio and Chad (and Lauren Lapkus) the freedom to experiment with different formats and they're embracing it wholeheartedly. I also love that the Raj question was answered only a few weeks later, and I love that Milana Vayntrub will be on an upcoming show. I'm full of love, guys.

Here's what's crazy to me, especially about this episode. Before we got the Brian interview yesterday, the episode was coming in at a weak sauce 35 minutes and it felt LONG! Once I added the Brian interview, the episode became 44 minutes and suddenly felt short. It really is about the flow of a show.

I regret to inform you that we will probably always edit on the side of leaving you wanting more... the economy of comedy if you will.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Earwolf. They have been amazeballs to work with and we are just getting started. Earwolf had originally requested something completely different and Horatio pitched this show to them with me as a producer and they had the faith and trust to say... "okay! go for it!" HOORAY!!!!

• Like 6

p.s. - Milana is a sweetheart and a really good person and the interview is probably one of the most fascinating we've done. She is also the first person that warmed up before the taping by doing handstands in the front yard, falling down, and then saying that she was glad she fell because it felt good.

• Like 2

and can any moderators tell me why I can't upload a picture? Every time I try it says "failed to set new picture"

and I love that Milana Vayntrub will be on an upcoming show. I'm full of love, guys.

I had no idea that picture was online or that she took that. And the comments on instagram creep me out. They actually reinforce exactly what she talks about on her episode.... creepsville

and can any moderators tell me why I can't upload a picture? Every time I try it says "failed to set new picture"

This usually means the photo is too big. Try resizing it to 150 x 150 or smaller before uploading. IP.Board ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had no idea that picture was online or that she took that. And the comments on instagram creep me out. They actually reinforce exactly what she talks about on her episode.... creepsville

True. Look at the comments on virtually any tweet/Instagram post by any female in the public eye and you will find a similar maelstrom of noxious male behavior. Even people here whine like assholes when we ask them to discuss the shows instead of the guests' appearance.

• Like 1

One of my favorite metrics when looking at this show, is how many downloads we have by 7 am on Wednesday. That tells me who the subscribers are and how many people are getting the show delivered straight to their phones.

I am pleased to announce that that number nearly tripled between last week and this week.

• Like 5

One of my favorite metrics when looking at this show, is how many downloads we have by 7 am on Wednesday. That tells me who the subscribers are and how many people are getting the show delivered straight to their phones.

I am pleased to announce that that number nearly tripled between last week and this week.

I expect it will keep growing as long as you guys keep turning out this kind of quality. I know people have already said it, but the production value is great and getting better. Makes a big difference when you regularly hear people on their phones recording stuff to save time.

• Like 2

mr horatio looking fine in that movie trailer

mr chad if you want to put the pic youre thinking of in a post i bet somebody reading this thread could figure out how to make a good av out of it

• Like 4

mr horatio looking fine in that movie trailer

mr chad if you want to put the pic youre thinking of in a post i bet somebody reading this thread could figure out how to make a good av out of it

I have to agree, the trailer looks great in general and it looks like Brian Huskey turns in an amazing performance, but damn Horatio is looking really sharp! I've noticed it in many of the pictures too and they've addressed it a bit in some episodes of CBB, but he's doing a great job. Is there some kind of Big Gulp cleanse that I should know about?

• Like 6

I need to re-listen to this episode.

Driving thru traffic, with my middle-finger pressed to the window is no way to appreciate the joy of The Hooray Show.

• Like 2

I need to re-listen to this episode.

Driving thru traffic, with my middle-finger pressed to the window is no way to appreciate the joy of The Hooray Show.

Try riding in a car with Horatio... I'm in a full body cast right now....

We need to get you one of those big foam #1 fingers except it's the middle finger instead of the index figure, that way when you're flipping people off, it's more fun! Hooray!

• Like 2

Try riding in a car with Horatio... I'm in a full body cast right now....

Hooray Show Episode 6 - Comedians in Cars Getting Concussions

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this