🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 20 — LIVE from SF Sketchfest

Adam Scott Aukerman made their way to SF Sketchfest for a special U Talkin’ U2 To Me? episode recorded LIVE from Cobb’s Comedy Club! Scott & Scott talk U2 to Sally, the very first college girl on the show before going through their Top 10 U2 Songs of All Time. Plus, the Scotts chat about the ‘Dance as they open up I Love Films as well as answer some burning questions from the fans out in the audience.

• Like 1

The post is here, the episode isn't live yet. I'm excited.

I lied, just wasn't on the front page. I'm excited.

• Like 2

Real talk.

Sally the college girl was great. Lots of times audience members are awkward when talking to hosts. I know I sure as hell would be. But Sally killed it.

• Like 6

Apparently a lot of unfunny obnoxious motherfuckers listen to this show.

• Like 4

My one problem with the live format is that the din of the audience makes it so much harder to hear the simultaneous recording of the Huey Lewis and the News podcast.

• Like 13

Well I think we can all agree next ep we need a crossover episode of You Poppin' My Stones? and Poppin' Broccoli.

• Like 1

Holy Crap! I wasn't expecting this today! Huzzah for entropy! My life is officially different from what it was yesterday.

Now to listen...

I was really hoping this was the #1

Also, as this show nears its potential end, there is always the possibility of Scotty Auks teaming up with Jimmy Pardo to bring his Chicago podcast to life.

And I can only assume the entire U2 family is going to this concert, right? Same as the Analyze Phish wrecking crew they brought with them.

• Like 4

I was really hoping this was the #1

i don't think that's him.

• Like 4

I stupidly believed that the audience was cheering so much during the opening because it was actually U2 playing live...

• Like 2

I hate how much I love this podcast, it messes with my enjoyment of other ones

• Like 4

My favorite U2 song is Breathe, which I think they mentioned is Ol' Sourpuss' favorite song of theirs as well. Doing a top 10 is hard, but I woulda liked to see some Stay and Zoo Station in there.

For future reference (SPOILER ALERT):

This is Scott's Top 10

10. Raised by Wolves

9. Out of Control

8. Angel of Harlem

7. A Sort of Homecoming

6. Where the Streets Have No Name

5. I Will Follow

4. Bad

3. Sunday Bloody Sunday

2. With or Without You

1. Pride (In the Name of Love)

This is Scott's Top 10

10. Vertigo

9. Kite

8. In God's Country

7. Walk On

6. Red Hill Mining Town

5. Bad (Live)

4. Original of the Species

3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

2. Angel of Harlem

1. One

Let me know if I got any of these wrong. I'm trying to be a good U2 fan, but despite Scott and Scott's best efforts, I still have yet to learn all the band members' names.

• Like 7

Does the microphone feedback continue past minute 10? Because I cannot handle that - at least, not on headphones.

• Like 1

THIS IS SO EXCITIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!! NEW EPISODES OF 3 OF THE GREATEST FUCKING PODCASTS ON THE PLANET

• Like 3

I hate how much I love this podcast, it messes with my enjoyment of other ones

I know the feel bro