🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 334 — The Dream Team

I'm pretty sure Zizek would actually do the show if he was in town. AND I bet would be equally delighted to appear opposite someone doing an impression of him. Can we make this happen?

• Like 2

Am I losing my mind? That was the Hollywood Facts theme song, not Would You Rather! That blew my mind!!!

Ummmm no Im pretty sure they played Would You Rather.

• Like 2

I was afraid I was going to die when Scott was talking about popcorn films and robots again, but thankfully I didn't because my trigger word is 'Allspark,' and Scott graciously spared me.

• Like 2

I'm pretty disappointed to hear there'll be a 700 Sundays sketch on the TV show with no mention of Gelman's classic bit in Episode 6. Still one of my most favorite characters/appearances ever.

• Like 2

I can't even process the amount of content that just dropped. The i4h lineup is insane too.

FOR REAL!!! My mind is blown...Bonus CBB, I4H with the Master Class, and a new UTU2TM?!!! Insanely epic Thursday!!!

• Like 1

I am a huge fan of Zizek's Pervert's Guide to Cinema, because he is a huge muppet. Of course, James Adomian did a spot on impression. I would love to hear him debate with the real Zizek....and Herzog with the real Herzog. My brain would explode with joy.

EDIT: This is my favorite part of Pervert's Guide to Cinema:

I love when Zizek wants to fuck Mitch.

• Like 6

Anyone planning on purchasing HITS? Or has anyone seen it yet? I would like to read some reviews first, the cast is pretty darn good!

Matt Walsh being over Corny Grandpa was pretty funny. I also enjoyed that Scott called David out on his party poopering of Would You Rather.

• Like 1

I was afraid I was going to die when Scott was talking about popcorn films and robots again, but thankfully I didn't because my trigger word is 'Allspark,' and Scott graciously spared me.

It was weird listening to UTU2TM back to back when Scott did a few Great Bits on both.

Scott should have just put "Hits" in the title of this episode so that his use of "the titular 'Hits'" would have been valid.

• Like 5

Oh man, Cross and Posehn did punch up work on Destiny? Yeesh. I'm sure that was a tough turd to polish. Good work guys...?

My girlfriend has just finished a PhD in film theory, using huge amounts of Zizek as reference. As a consequence we have watched the Pervert's Guide to Cinema and the Pervert's Guide to Ideology to death. We would mess around, half-assing Zizek impressions, because he's such a fun, rich source of material. Then this comes along and just knocks it out of the park. I'm so happy that someone else thought Zizek was a character to be mined, and doubly happy that it was James Adomian, who does such an amazing job. Sniffs and everything. Bravo Comedy Bang Bang team - as Scott says, warm up those 'putes, it's the ep of the year.

• Like 5

The only thing funnier than a show breaking down is when everyone realizes the show has broken down and reaciting to that. Scott and Adomian, the professionals, plowed through it. Walsh called himself out. Cross just kinda bailed. You didn't have to bail, Cross! It's just a podcast, go nuts have fun.

Great Bonus Ep - GreaBoEp?

I would like to hear Adomian's Zizek converse with Adomian's Dr. Bronner.

I think they may share some philosophies.

Also

JA_TWF_NO_GF_zpsodgffzvo.jpg

• Like 1

In fairness, despite his cranky non-participation, Cross's "today we fish, no guppies" probably made me laugh more than anything else on this episode.

The interplay between Zizek and "Corny Grandpa" was a lot of fun. Adomian can react to anything in character and spin gold out of it.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for Adomian to do a Zizek impression for as long as I can remember. Now that that's out of the way I can get to work on remembering who killed my wife and framed me for the murder.

• Like 9

Am I losing my mind? That was the Hollywood Facts theme song, not Would You Rather! That blew my mind!!!

Maybe Sondheim sent a cease and desist.

• Like 2

Anyone planning on purchasing HITS? Or has anyone seen it yet? I would like to read some reviews first, the cast is pretty darn good!

Matt Walsh being over Corny Grandpa was pretty funny. I also enjoyed that Scott called David out on his party poopering of Would You Rather.

Watched it last night at home. I liked it. It's an exploration of modern america pop-culture story. Kind of like Bobcat Goldthwait's God Bless America. Matt Walsh is amazing. James Adomian was terrific. Amy Sedaris was rock solid. Koechner is a heavyweight, and he steals every scene he shows up in. There are so many good people, and characters that you want each story to be told.

The first act exposition seemed a little long, and Cera's character was unnecessary. I like what he did, but with the first act beginning to drag, his part could have been cut.

It's a solid film from David, and if you are a fan of earwolf (Walsh & Adomian...) you're going to like Hits. It's a pay-what-you-want on bittorrent https://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/hitspwyw

So you can't really go wrong.

I would suggest that if you want to see more content created by David Cross, and see more people like Matt Walsh, James Adomian, David Koechner (have you seen Cheap Thrills? OMFG, get on that shit), then you owe it to yourself & this project to buy/donate/pay and enjoy Hits.

i guess I'm in the minority in not being the biggest fan of Adomian's character in this ep. But corny grandpa made me laugh and i loved the preguest segment.

• Like 2

Totally went and bought the BitTorrent bundle of Hits after hearing this episode! Really enjoyed it! Not perfect, certainly not laugh out loud funny, but it was a good little story with just enough absurdity to keep scenes from getting darkly uncomfortable. I hope it's a successful way to release a movie and he gets to do more.

• Like 1

I just have to say that as a huge David Cross fan, I still really get annoyed when he just won't play along. Is it that absurd to just ask some silly questions for Would You Rather? The guy can be funny in any situation, so it's not like it's a challenge for him, and he's on a comedy podcast. And Scott is a good friend of his. Just fucking do the bit and quit acting like a hipster!

Edit: That said, I really enjoyed Hits, and everyone should check it out. Hopefully it does well enough to encourage Cross to make another movie. The ending is just perfect.

• Like 1

I'm thrilled that James Adomian's taken up Slavoj Zizek, if only because it means I get to stop trying to do it myself. The dramatically rolled Rs, the corners-of-the-mouth S(h)s, "ca-pi-ta-LEE-sum", the infuriating obfuscation...I thought he totally nailed it, actually.

• Like 1