🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 174 — Whiplash Ft. Armen

i totally meant to say such a shitty location suggestion...totally part of the bit...crazy improv stuff

Sure, Brett. Sure.

Based on the episode title and having seen Whiplash, I understood that it was a parody (Armen, please correct me if it was in fact a satire) from the beginning. I was impressed how everyone involved somehow improvised a improv version of Whiplash so successfully. Other than weaving in a romantic subplot with Armen and the car crash scene, you really nailed it.

• Like 1

In 4 days I've listened to this 8 times! I think this could be one of the greatest podcast episodes in the universe.

To Matt Besser directly, you've done something amazing in this episode and I really hope people are telling you that! Thank you so much for this!

Take care,

GZ

• Like 1

i just thought the whole show was some kinda giant meta scene.

didnt even realize it was based on a movie till i hit the forums during the last few minutes.

i4h is consistently so frigin good but this ep .... holy crap.

• Like 1

this was truly something special. the meta discussion within the show which was a parody about parody vs satire was a triumph.

thanks matt! also, you gotta have more "themed" eps this was a wild success!

i totally meant to say such a shitty location suggestion...totally part of the bit...crazy improv stuff

Biggest laugh of the episode for me man.

"Uh, New Jeresy"

"That was a good one!"

Relistening, and this is still so damn hilarious!

"Do you think Dracula and Elvira fucked?!"

Love it when Besser gets META!

I seem to remember him going off on how being meta in a podcast doesn't work (unless it's done right...) during that podcasting contest Earwolf did years ago...

But - I agree and this one nailed it. I missed the Armen v. Besser WC but read the kerfuffle here in the forums...but seeing this episode makes me want to listen to it. Armen has a great persona of deadpan dummy that really slices in a silly way...Loved it, loved everything about this episode!

I just revisited this ep, except I watched the video this time. I'm still convinced this was one of the greatest podcast episodes in Earwolf history. I finally was able to register with the forums, nice meeting you all, I'll be a regular from here on out.

• Like 3

One of the BEST podcasts I've ever listened to ever. Matt, thank you for taking the huge leap by making this meta-tastic (umm, sounds like cancer) episode that hits the funny on so many levels. I had no clue what I was listening to at first, haven't seen Whiplash, and I was just dying by the end. SO DAMN GOOD. Please have Armin on at least once a year.

On a sidenote, I thought it was amazing because we got to see an exaggerated version of you as a teacher and it made me imagine how wonderful you must be to work with at UCB. No joke. Just seeing an improv master at work even if you were acting as a bastard.

• Like 1

this is destined to be referenced for years as a pinnacle of what can be achieved in satirical improv. truly inspired.

I was listening to i4h today, which was so good, and thinking "Paul Rust is back! How long has it been?" And then I was reminded this episode exists, which felt pretty good.

Overall good day.

Good.