🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 13 — The Tom Leykis Radio Program

I made my coffee and breakfast to James' 20+ MINUTE SOLO INTRO this morning, listening to Lauren giggling every 20 seconds (hilarious), as I continued to check the time on my podcast app. I've heard his Leykis before but I knew after minute 10 that I was getting something truly special.

It Made My Fucking Week.

The only thing that could have made it better (if that's even possible) would be if they could have somehow fit more Lauren into the show while still keeping the same level of James/Leykis (because he was fucking perfect).

C+ Ep.

• Like 2

Everyone stop. This is the 13th episode. On FRIDAY THE 13TH.

• Like 6

holy god damn shit Adomian needs his own podcast lmao

edit; hahahaha Pamela is legendary as well

• Like 1

I'm super-happy that Traci is describing Twitter avatars again!

• Like 2

2 minutes in, grinning ear to ear. James Adomian needs to be heard/seen. I don't understand why I live in a world where James doesn't have his own TV show or podcast or something super great. That is all.

• Like 4

I don't understand why I live in a world where James doesn't have his own TV show or podcast or something super great. That is all.

Earwolf is already on the case!

• Like 7

Can't stop listening to the first twenty minutes. Everything was perfect. Top 5 Earwolf segments of all time.

The placement of some of those drops was insanely funny. Especially the children followed by the gunshot.

• Like 11

Just went on youtube to look up an actual episode of Leykis 101, skipped an hour into his show - and the first thing I heard him say:

"Sometimes you might have to lie to get sex, but then the minute they start getting demanding.. chop em off"

AMAZING

James kills it.

1:00:26

• Like 5

Hey man I got pretty excited for a minute but that news is over a year old.. are we sure its still a thing?! I hope so.

As recently as six months ago, Earwolf's own Jeff Ullrich said it was still going strong.

• Like 7

This podcast was so good I can't stop thinking about it I guess, and I think one of the reasons was because of the pre-existing character. This ep, the HH guys ep, and the PFT ep were so good and I think maybe part of the reason for that was that there was already a known quantity at the start of the ep, like they start from a higher point if that makes sense.

Anyway, when they write the history of podcasts on some type of scroll dealy this ep will deffo be up there.

I DO CARE!

• Like 3

This podcast was so good I can't stop thinking about it I guess, and I think one of the reasons was because of the pre-existing character. This ep, the HH guys ep, and the PFT ep were so good and I think maybe part of the reason for that was that there was already a known quantity at the start of the ep, like they start from a higher point if that makes sense.

Anyway, when they write the history of podcasts on some type of scroll dealy this ep will deffo be up there.

I DO CARE!

This guy is saying what I'm thinking!

I just finished my 2nd time listening to it, and this is something that needs to go viral and deserves some kind of podcast award. I also listened to the first 34 minutes of highanddrunk's Leykis link, this is just insanity. I highly suspect he was just doing a character for this part of his career to cause controversy and boost ratings, because this is literally unbelievable. I'm laughing almost as much as I laughed during this podcast, just for different reasons (mostly because Adomian's impersonation is so dead-on and the real Leykis is just as ridiculous).

Lapkus and him are also an amazing combination, their chemistry is incredible and the fact that both of them find the other hilarious is palpable. I am immediately reminded of how well Orson Welles and Ho-Ho meshed, and I hadn't really realized how natural it was until now.

• Like 4

Just went on youtube to look up an actual episode of Leykis 101, skipped an hour into his show - and the first thing I heard him say:

"Sometimes you might have to lie to get sex, but then the minute they start getting demanding.. chop em off"

AMAZING

James kills it.

1:00:26

its crazy how a lot of the stuff adomian says in character are actual ridicoulus statements made by Tom Leykis (like Leykis 101, or spending $40 on a women), and not an exageratted impression like you would expect

• Like 4

its crazy how a lot of the stuff adomian says in character are actual ridicoulus statements made by Tom Leykis (like Leykis 101, or spending $40 on a women), and not an exageratted impression like you would expect

I didn't know Leykis was a real person until after hearing Adomian's impression- I thought it was an original character. You can imagine my horror upon learning the truth.

• Like 2

aWbBX6i.png

[air horn noise] [air] [air] [air] [air horn noise]

Good job Engineer Cody Cody.

• Like 10

If Earwolf decided to replace all their podcasts for a week with just episodes of the "Tom Leykis Radio Show", feat. various Lauren Lapkus characters calling in and the universe crumpling in on itself due to an alternate reality/time paradox-situation, I would be perfectly happy that week.

:lol:

• Like 7

Good job Engineer Cody Cody.

Seriously. Some of the sound choices and timing were perfect and really contributed to how much I was laughing hysterically throughout this whole thing. Cody just went and did something like this, AND TOTALLY REDEEMED HIMSELF! I hope Scott will forgive him for past mistakes.

• Like 4