🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 335 — The Wedding of Gilli and Garry

You’re cordially invited to attend the wedding of Gillian Jacobs & Garry Marshall on this special episode of Comedy Bing Bong. Master singer-songwriter Colin Hay of Men at Work is playing songs from his new record “Next Year People” to celebrate their love and director Len Wiseman is also here to bear witness on this beautiful occasion. This may possibly be the most important wedding in Hollywood history!

• Like 1

I happily RSVP that this will be going in my earholes for the next two hours!

• Like 2

If anyone has reasons why these two should not be wed, speak now your technicality-no-down-boo-overs or forever hold your peace.

• Like 12

Ahhhhh!! That INHUMANS tangent was awesome, as was yet another instance of Scott quoting one of Bob's Mr. Show lines: "Soon, soon! You're a balloon!"

• Like 10

I love the fact that Colin Hay was part of this C+ content. Also, I shouted "the definition of insanity" at the same time as Lentil and Gilly. So, Scottland, you also owe me 2 diet cokes. Sorrynotsorry.

• Like 8

Colin Hay was so damn charming on the Larry Sanders Show (and Jeff Garlin's podcast) that I was more excited about his inclusion than anything else and I am currently wearing a "Please call me Gary!" t-shirt.

Gonna have to buy that record on Tuesday.

• Like 1

I know the highest grade is supposed to be a C+, dear. I DON'T CARE! I'm giving this episode a B-!

KNOWWHUTI'MBLAWKINABLOWT? [dinosaur roar]

• Like 18

I'm always happy when Rev. Parsimony shows up.

Also, Garry (the real one) was excellent on last night's Brooklyn-Nine Nine.

• Like 1

Also, I feel that I must say, that before this episode, I never wanted to shout "HECTOR ELIZONDO" in a Garry Marshall voice. Now, after listening, I do.

• Like 1

Gilly is so good on these episodes! It really is one of the great romantic sagas of our time. Colin Hay really added a lot to the episode too, it can't be easy to just make up music to accompany improvised songs that quickly. Loved it.

• Like 3

Also, I feel that I must say, that before this episode, I never wanted to shout "HECTOR ELIZONDO" in a Garry Marshall voice. Now, after listening, I do.

I haven't listened to this yet, but I have spent the last five minutes having the PFT/Garry voice in my head shout "HECTOR ELIZONDO" and it's been pretty satisfying.

• Like 1

Colin Hay is definitively one of the best non-comedians to be on IN A WHIIIIILE

• Like 8

Gilly is so good on these episodes! It really is one of the great romantic sagas of our time. Colin Hay really added a lot to the episode too, it can't be easy to just make up music to accompany improvised songs that quickly. Loved it.

I completely agree. I feel like she's gotten better each time. Also, combine that with Colin playing along very well and I think this might be the best Gilli/Garry ep yet!

• Like 3

Colin Hay is definitively one of the best non-comedians to be on IN A WHIIIIILE

Yeah he was FANTASTIC. Actually reminds me of Gilly's first guest spot. She was (and of course still is) just so spot on and witty.

"...we were knocked off by Michael Jackson."

"Oh! That pedophile. How dare he?"

Just terrific stuff.

• Like 11

Gilly keeps getting better and better. That first improvised song made me tear up laughing.

• Like 13

When the bonus episode last week wasn't this, I feared scheduling would kill the continuing saga. So glad everybody came through. This show somehow never fails -- and bonus points for recording on actual Valy day. Scott's direction and inclusion of Colin Hay, PFT's energy and joy for juggling two characters, and Gilly's smarter and smarter play-alongness was just pure fun. Fucking great ep. Best this year yeah I'm calling it

• Like 1

Gilly keeps getting better and better. That first improvised song made me tear up laughing.

I loved that when Colin started singing with her ('she loves Gary') you could tell it totally threw her off for a moment.

• Like 5

this is definitely one of my of favorite CBBs ever. I've got a soft spot for Hay (his Overkill performance on Scrubs' My Overkill is forever etched in my memory) and his songs here were great. We better give him that CBB bump! Gillian was on top of her game: dog prayers, ghostly rulings, improvised songs, Scottland. PFT was great like always but doing 4 characters? he's a mad genius.

• Like 7