🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 175 — Mad Screamer LIVE from UCB Sunset

Tim Meadows, Ian Roberts, Seth Morris, and Thomas the Milk man join Matt Besser LIVE from the new UCB-Sunset in Los Angeles for an improv4humans episode filled with arm wrestling competitions, fart wars, and a detailed hookup story told from the third-person point of view. Plus, everyone experiences shock as they watch Sarah Palin’s teleprompter breaking during Crap on YouTube. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Besser doesn't know Ian Roberts' wife? Haven't they been friends for like 20 years?

• Like 5

That Wheels on the Bus segment was my favorite.

• Like 4

Rubbing two sticks together won't do much. The bow string on the horizontal stick is wrapped around the vertical stick, so that when you move the bow back and forth it spins the stick against the bark on the ground. That's where all the fire-starting friction is happening. Then around the base of that vertical stick you put some dry grasses and stuff, which will eventually ignite.

This was a fun episode! The phone sex and the humidifier return scene were very funny to me. I had my headphones on while listening and during the humidifer return scene there is a laugh that sounds just like Amy Poehler's. That's boarderline interesting, right?!

Anyway, the Sarah Palin 'crap on youtube' was a good example of what works on the podcast for that segment! The arm wrestling screamer thing was awful to listen to. I suppose there was a live audience there for this episode but listening there was very little context as to what was happening.

Thomas mentioned he had watched it before hand, I think it'd be good when picking clips in the future to think about if something is more visual than audible when picking the clips; when posting them too!

This was a nice episode overall. Ian is great on the show.

• Like 2

"That is to say #1...America!"

Ian was fantastic in the shop scene, and credits to Seth as a great straight man.

Aaand the whole episode was good!

• Like 3

Holy Shit. I could not get through this without pausing the podcast because I was laughing too hard at so many points. When Matt said, "On that note, what if someone is trying to fart into your mouth and you shoot your tongue into their butthole to block the fart... ?", I was done!

And then there was Tim coming in a little later with the train-of-thought statement; "I love Nacho Doritos I'm only eight!". It just sounded so good. Everyone was amazing on this one!

Hilarious episode! This skit better be on the next 'Best Of'!

• Like 1

Has this episode been posted before? I was getting serious deja vu from it.

• Like 1

I loved the scene where Roberts adopted the cadence of Sarah Palin rambling in mostly-meaningless nonsequitors. It reminded me of one of my all-time favorite I4H scenes where Roberts adopts the cadence of an incredibly awkwardly worded letter to Matt's Dead Dad. "It sure is neat that my son smashed your son loopy like that."

• Like 3

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how this ep only reinforces why Ian Roberts is one of my favorite improvisors. That phone sex scene alone, my goodness...

I know this is late but I want to address Ian Roberts' theory about the internet (55 minutes in) that the internet is a good thing except when it comes to certain groups of people (eg. pedophiles). (Incidentally, he said almost the exact same thing the last time he was on the show, which may be why Thedge had deja vu). What he isn't taking into account is that pedophiles aren't bad people by default. In fact some are children themselves, who are just coming into their sexuality and are confused, and all that mainstream society has to say about them is that they are evil. The only place that they can find any hope of acceptance is on the internet, where there are many resources for pedophiles, and many of those resources aim to prevent child abuse, not encourage it. Without the internet, these people would end up feeling all alone in a world that essentially hates them, which could conceivably make them more likely to harm somebody. So Ian's on the right track when he talks about the internet being good for "most people", but the mistake he's making is lumping all pedophiles into a category of victimizers, when in fact they are individuals who must choose how to live their lives, and many choose to not victimize anyone, ever.

• Like 1