🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
justinmh05

R.I.P. Harris Wittels

The selfish thought that keeps popping into my head is 'I am never going to hear another Harris's Foam Corner' and it just breaks my heart. I am absolutely gutted, and I have never even met Harris. I just can't imagine what Scott, Kulap & everyone that knew Harris are going through. The only thing I can think to say is we're keeping all of you close to our hearts right now.

• Like 12

Also "I won't get married until gay people are allowed to get married...because I'm gay". #foam

• Like 14

Like everyone else... I didn't know him, but I related to his struggles and damn, he made me laugh. I'm so sorry for those who got to know him in real life.

Maybe this could snap some people into working toward kicking addictions... I don't know. Maybe that's the only good that can come of it.

• Like 2

When I saw the title of this post, I felt my heart drop. I thought to myself "Don't say that. Please be some kind of sick joke."

I knew he struggled with drug addiction. But this is a shame. For such a talented and funny guy to die at 30 years old. So much comedy left unwritten. This is a very sad day, indeed...

• Like 3

it's something I've been dreading ever since hearing that Pete Holmes interview and I don't want to believe it.

Fuck, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you for dreading it all this time or to feel jealous that today might not have felt like a total stomach punch, which is how I felt after (probably naively) thinking he would be OK after that. Addiction, ugh.

As others have said, most of all I feel sick for all of his friends. And I kind of hate to even reduce it to this, but since this is the Earwolf forum, I'll just say that the next couple weeks of podcasts are gonna be real weird and sad.

• Like 12

This is so heartbreaking. I was just listening to his last You Made It Weird interview and it seemed like he was doing okay. Such a hilarious and thoughtful guy. RIP.

• Like 1

I love you guys and Earwolf and Harris. I didn't know I could be the sad about someone I don't personally know. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 7

I love you guys and Earwolf and Harris. I didn't know I could be the sad about someone I don't personally know. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

You know him too well.

• Like 1

Fuck, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you for dreading it all this time or to feel jealous that today might not have felt like a total stomach punch, which is how I felt after (probably naively) thinking he would be OK after that. Addiction, ugh.

As others have said, most of all I feel sick for all of his friends. And I kind of hate to even reduce it to this, but since this is the Earwolf forum, I'll just say that the next couple weeks of podcasts are gonna be real weird and sad.

feel sorry for me i guess. i wish i wasn't a pessimist about this stuff. I've just had a long dark history of drugs and addiction i nmy life and have seen this happen with way to many people, too many of which were good friends. I was pulling for Harris, I really was, and this was and is a gut punch but I know all to well the realities of an addiction like his and how often it can end this way, even when people are making an honest attempt at recovery and trying as hard as they can. that's why I was dreading this, not because I didn't believe he could but because I've learned the hard way just how hard it can be. I don't blame him and I don't think he's weak

• Like 4

I keep thinking about how hard it must have been for Scott to record the first episode of Comedy Bang Bang after Andrew Koenig died, and how hard this will undoubtedly be.

• Like 3

ugh this is terrible. I would download anything he is on. Just one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I can only imagine how the people that really knew him feel. My thoughts go out to them.

• Like 2

I guess I can really identify with the people who camped outside of Michael Jackson's house when he died. Like, I've never had a person I've never met's death affect me this personally before.

• Like 3

I keep thinking about how hard it must have been for Scott to record the first episode of Comedy Bang Bang after Andrew Koenig died, and how hard this will undoubtedly be.

Oh wow I remember when this happened, which was before I got into podcasts. I had no idea about his ties to Jimmy Pardo.

Sorry if you think that was in poor taste, but I'm pretty sure he would hate most of this.

PS I've been sobbing for an hour.

• Like 2

We should probably all do something. Find a good substance abuse charity and donate. If every regular ear wolf forum commenter donated a few bucks, plus like $100k or so from the hosts, it could make a diff,

• Like 3

Been getting choked up and laughing simultaneously when checking in with the twitter feed tonight. I've honestly probably spent more time listening to his podcast appearances than I've spent in actual interaction with some close relatives. I know this doesn't in any way mean I actually knew the guy, but it still makes me feel sick in my guts. Can't imagine how people who actually knew and loved him as a friend are feeling

• Like 2

I feel terrible, but I can't imagine what those close to him feel. Such a loss.

I'm re-listening to the YMIW, god this is sad.

I never met the guy, I can only imagine how this feels to those close to him.

• Like 4