🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 14 — Talking with Tommy LIVE from RIOT LA

Recorded LIVE from RIOT LA is another edition of Talking with Tommy! Thomas Middleditch welcomes renaissance woman Barbara Preen to talk coats, cat hunting, and dramatic relationships with some Hollywood celebrities. They also play a round of the crowd favorite game “I’d Be That,” get their insult on during “Rippin’ On Things,” and close out the show with the classic segment “Dollars and Sense.”

"What'll they think of next?!" was the most perfect non-sequitur.

This was great. Middleditch is awesome.

• Like 6

We love the game.

• Like 5

am I the only person who just assumed that Lauren sang the theme song?

I didn't necessarily think she sang the theme song, but I also did not have to wonder long because not long after the podcast started, Lauren posted a pic on her instagram of her and the vocalist, stating that she wrote the lyrics and her friend sang it.

Anything else think thomas was doing a Dr. Phil voice which is weird since Horatio did the same thing a few eps ago? Idk...it was okay but would have been funnier. Where was Tracy?

• Like 2

Apollo Thirteen? More like Apollo Thorteen! This episode was fantastic all on it's own and I don't want to drag Harris into every conversation on the site but Rippin' On Things had a lovely Foam Corner feel to it that I especially appreciated today.

Start over!

We love the game.

• Like 3

This latest guest, like the previous 13, should have her own Errol Morris helmed documentary. Additionally, one of the Wild Horses would be neat as the new Spider-Man movie Spider-Man.

am I the only person who just assumed that Lauren sang the theme song?

If I can confess to ignorance on my behalf I always assumed it was Kate Micucci. It sounds like her singing voice (I may be the only one that thinks this) and while I wanted to post a thread for a while now asking who did the theme I figured that it was obviously Kate and I was going to look dumb for asking. Now I look dumb for believing so stubbornly in an incorrect assumption. I hope you guys can forgive me....

We do love the game though. There's no mistaking that.

• Like 2

Anything else think thomas was doing a Dr. Phil voice which is weird since Horatio did the same thing a few eps ago? Idk...it was okay but would have been funnier. Where was Tracy?

hopefully the police didn't find out about her shoplifting and social security fraud

• Like 1

Got very close to a closing sentiment-off at the end there.

• Like 6

Oh my God, this had so many hilarious moments! I can't believe that Thomas Middleditch could stay in character so well! With that corn-fed hayseed smile-personality... and then simultaneously pushing Lapkus to go into such weird territory and say such weird & hilarious things! Only in that accent could the line, "A lawyer from the early 90s!?! If we can only DREAM of such a thing!" be so freakin' hilarious!

Amazing episode!

• Like 5

Amazing ep. Between this one, and his appearance on Hollywood Handbook, Tommy always seems down to clown.

This might be my new second favorite after the PFT episode. I was crying with laughter during the whole Obama thing. "No, get my dad, he'll know what to do!" and Obama's "Looks like it's time to grow up". Two of my favorite quotes from the entire episode.

This episode was all-around fantastic. In the beginning, when Lauren's character was being introduced with that laundry list of absolutely crazytown bonkers bunch of attributes, I think I died.

Sign in to follow this