🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

I just came here to say thanks for that outro music. So good and funky!

"nassau tweezer". he always talked about it. credit to scott for remembering it.

• Like 17

Thank you so much to the host, Rock Lobsterman, for putting this out. When I read Wittels was gone, my heart dropped. I was shocked. And have been mourning since. And I didn't even know the guy except for listening to him on all of these podcasts. Being able to hear this is really helping me with that. Because it was awful! I am kidding of course. I loved it. And the tribute at the end was great.

• Like 1

The final bit with Harris calling from Heaven made me cry and laugh so much at the same time.

God bless you Harris Wittels :)

• Like 6

That was beautiful, Brett. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for helping to bring Harris into so many lives. And I'm so sorry.

After I got home from work and settled down, I grabbed my dog, turned out the lights, and laid down to listen to the ep. I had listened to the intro this morning and I think I cried harder the second time through. But those tears turned into pure joy and laughter right away when Harris called out Adam for eating. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard. I was rolling around and kicking my bed throughout the show. I was holding my face from laughing so hard even though nobody could see me. The laughter had no way of escaping other than through my violent tossing and turning. This was so damn funny.

Yeah, motherfuckers wanna laugh, but comedy also gets us through the pain. Sometimes that pain comes in the form of boredom at work and general aimlessness. Other times it's much more severe and specific. I never thought I would feel something so hard from losing someone I had never met. This episode helped a lot. It helped because it was fucking hilarious. It helped because it was authentic. It helped because I know that thousands of others are listening to this today and going through the exact same thing.

Thank you, Harris. You were only a couple of months older than me and we never met, but you had a big impact on my life. I can only hope that I will live up to the lessons which you taught me.

We love you. I love you. Your comedy will stay with me forever.

• Like 6

i got through the intro, which was amazing. thank you Scott (and Chels) for putting this out. Within the first few minutes there was already a perfect joke by Harris that is the kind of thing I love about him.

Harris: Pontiac!

Scott: Are you a horse?

Harris: No, I'm a DeLorean.

• Like 1

I, of course, share in the condolences and sympathies that everyone from Scott to other Earworlf users have expressed in far more eloquent fashion that I could. However, I think it would be in keeping with the spirit of Harris to congratulate user alfredo solis-Fuentes for what will forever be the most awkward period of worldwide fame on the Internet for having his catchphrase selected for this podcast, especially since it was heard mere seconds after Scott concluded his heartfelt into and eulogy for Harris. It's like something from Foam Corner itself. I just hope Harris is getting a movie theater ghost blowjob in heaven, and finishes by yelling "...on the grounds that it's too lemony!"

I am truly honored that my catchphrase was used in what turned out to be Harris' last podcast, since he was probably the guest that has made me laugh the most. Hopefully it made the transition from Scott's heartfelt speech to the silliness of Farts and Procreation easy for people to take.

RIP Harris

• Like 8

It was hard not to cry listening to Scott's intro on the bus this morning. After hearing Harris talk about addiction on You Made It Weird, learning that he was excited about new projects and moving to New York made this even more heartbreaking.

Then I tried to listen during lunch, but had to stop cause I almost choked laughing at "Heyyy, Bom! No--who are you?"

Well done, Scott and CBB family.

• Like 3

Scott's intro was really lovely and made me feel 100% on board with the episode, whereas I was kind of apprehensive going in. To even keep it together at all was impressive, but the way he said everything that needed to be said with just the right tone was a great tribute to Harris and will really stick with me.

Not only was the episode really funny, but the affection that these four have for each other totally comes through. I thought it was a nice addition to the series, but in a way that it would have felt just fine as a capper to it under better circumstances.

Thanks to Jeff, Adam, Brett, and everyone else for all the posts here and in the other threads. It's all a little tough to get through, but I genuinely think it's helpful for getting through a very weird situation.

• Like 5

I'm not good with words like you guys. Harris's passing stinks. He always made me laugh. Thank you Scott and Earwolf for posting this ep and all of those amazing Harris moments over the past bunch of years. RIP Harris Wittels, I will always smile when I think of your voice.

• Like 6

in addition to giving to the HSPVA, I feel like we should also give to Earwolf for being so responsive. I was honestly expecting the studio to take the week off, but to keep going forward in the face of such profound sadness is truly inspiring and worthy of supporting. maybe if we all donated on the Analyze Phish page it would be a way to show some love, albeit symbolically... since every donation ostensibly goes to the same place (not positive on that... so someone feel free to correct me).

• Like 3

I would like to say thank you to Scott, I would like to say thank you to Chelsea, I would like to say thank you to Adam, I would like to say thank you to all friends of the show, I would like to say thank you to all of you in the forums, and finally I would like to say thank you to you, Harris. You made this motherfucker laugh.

Tommy?

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/impotent-teamsters-unite/

Btw, in this episode you hear the Foam Corner theme being made for the first time. Magical.

• Like 1

What. The. Fuck. Listening to this episode as they're discussing Raisin In the Sun and literally as they say the name "Phylicia Rashad" I look at Twitter and her name is trending.

FREAKING ME OUT BRO.

And Harris' "we're done" bail on the bit followed by Scott's exasperated "WOW!" was fucking hilarious.

• Like 4

Unforgetable episode. For all the reasons - right and wrong. Scott did the right thing to release it and Brett and staff did a heroic job of putting it together. I laughed, I groaned, I choked up. I gasped at the dark stuff, in our current context. Finally, the Outro was incredibly touching. You truly did the best of a terrible situation.

Hard to believe this ep was just there, just recorded. And that P&R ends tomorrow. The mind reels.

I just keep hoping that this is a giant, crazy stunt on his part.

#He is counted.

• Like 4

I cried. I laughed. Simply put. Thank you Scott, Thank you Adam, Thank you Chelsea. I needed this in many ways. I hope you're all doing well. It is so hard to go through listening to my favorite podcast knowing that this happened. It shouldn't have.

"i just think motherfuckers wanna laugh"

• Like 2

I can't believe I forgot about the "infomaniac" foam corner! He receives (I presume) nonconsentual sex from just some guy, and his reaction is "no, no, no, you seem to have misunderstood me". Harris was so damn chill!

• Like 1

Scott, I don't know if you might read this, but thank you so much for sharing this episode. My husband and I were talking about how podcasts are so unique in the way that they make you feel so close to the hosts and personalities in a way that no other medium can, and like you're part of some kind of secret society. Your intro really drove that home. We're feeling completely gutted by Harris's passing (listened to old eps and foam corners all weekend), but we also realized how much we feel for you, and how much we appreciate what you do to bring us so many laughs and so much happiness.

We were on a major CBB kick around the time we got married and listened to you on the beach and everywhere we went on our honeymoon. About a year later when my father-in-law was sick with terminal cancer, we started really getting into Who Charted and listened to that, CBB and Improv 4 Humans on our very long and frequent drives downstate to spend time with him in the hospital. On one of those trips, my husband had a bad car crash (he's fine) -- CBB and Who Charted gave me something to focus on during the 3+ hour drive to get to him in the emergency room and kept me from completely losing my mind. It's weird how you've been there for us during such important times in our lives, and we want you to know that, for whatever it's worth from a couple of strangers, we're thinking of you and Kulap during this terrible time. Thank you for introducing us to Harris and for everything else you do and the joy you bring us every week.

• Like 12

I have cried so much the last few days. This feels very real to me. I am starting to hate life. I listened to those ending phone corner jokes like 10 times in a row.

• Like 1

Tears at the beginning and end, nothing but joy in between. Thanks for letting us experience this.

• Like 2

First time posting, and a lot of people have said it very well already – but Scott, Brett and everyone else, thanks for this. Fan grief can be a strange and lonely feeling, so it’s nice to know that so many loved Harris and are grieving (and laughing) in the same way, and that he touched so many people – not only their dicks, but their hearts. For me, weirdly, the closest analogue is how I felt when Jeff Buckley drowned – someone whose work meant a lot to me personally, but who my real-life friends didn’t know (#Mid-90sHumblebrag). Judging from Aziz’s hilarious and ultimately heartbreaking letter, Harris was in for even bigger things in his life and career, so there’s a similar sense that we lost a great and singular talent in his prime.

As a fan, the hardest part about losing an entertainer this way is that you never got to thank them personally or express to them what they meant. Harris (and Scott & co.) literally GAVE us all this stuff; I never got to give Harris a dime, or tell him how funny he was, or even send him a picture of tits. There’s also the terrible speculative feeling that if everyone that loved the person could have expressed it, and reached out, and the person could have felt and understood a fraction of the joy they brought to so many others, that things could have turned out differently; it seems like some of the folks close to Harris felt the same way. He talked so casually and confidently about drugs that I never doubted he'd beat them, and am so sorry to be proven wrong. We all sympathized with him, wish we’d known him longer, and wish above all else that we could have helped him. In that way, it does feel like losing a friend, as Scott and so many have said. All we can do now is consider ourselves lucky we were able to laugh and spend some time with him before he shuffled off this squirming coil into the cosmos (sorry).

Scott, I can definitely see how you would question the purpose of all this, but I hope with this outpouring (and with Harris’s T-shirt-worthy “motherfuckers wanna laugh”) you have your answer. We’re incredibly thankful for this stuff and appreciative of your efforts – it’s an endless embarrassment of riches, it does matter, and it does make people’s lives a little brighter, their hearts a little fuller, and their dicks a little harder. Much love to you, the Earwolf community and everyone who knew and loved Harris.

• Like 12