🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

Just finished watching the Parks and Rec finale (it aired earlier in Canada)... Make sure you stick around to the very end of the credits.

• Like 2

Re: the episode - This was really damn funny. So many literal 'lol' moments. Chelsea Peretti is so damn funny, and I wish the world could get more of her, but I guess I'll just settle for old stand-up specials and Brooklyn Nine Nine for now. And I love how Adam's timing is either spot on or stuttering to catch up to the joke at times. And of course... Harris. But from the opening riffing on Adam's bagel to the friendly frustration of not wanting to read the emails balanced with needing to go, a CBB! classic.

• Like 1

Heart breaking. I'm sorry, I had to stop listening after 6 minutes because I'm tearing up at work. I'll get drunk and listen to it on the weekend.

• Like 4

Just finished watching the Parks and Rec finale (it aired earlier in Canada)... Make sure you stick around to the very end of the credits.

I got choked up and teary-eyed again when I saw that screen.

• Like 1

harrisinhellwbc.jpg

I know people have made references to it in this thread but thought it might be good to show the actual sign in question.

Now, thanks to Engineer Brett (and again to Harris), I am actually listening to the Nassau version of "Tweezer" on Youtube...

• Like 4

Heart breaking. I'm sorry, I had to stop listening after 6 minutes because I'm tearing up at work. I'll get drunk and listen to it on the weekend.

Just go with it, as soon as the ep starts your mind gets off that thought and just enjoys it. Honestly it made me feel weird thinking about his passing at all, but when this episode started (after Scott's foreword) for some reason I was finally just okay with it. Turn it back on, I doubt you'll be emotional... but when you're nearing the end of it you should shut it off and listen to the very end where you might be okay getting emotional

• Like 3

I know other have said it, but it's devastating that Harris isn't around to see the Harris in Hell sign.

Long time, first time.

I think it's strange how upsetting it can be to hear of someone's passing when you've never met them. It goes to show how involving and important some 'silly comedy podcasts' really are and I thank earwolf and scott for posting this ep and implore you to carry on doing what I consider to be necessary and important work. It's got me and thousands of others through difficult times.

I also, like many before me, want to say congrats, thanks and condolences to the guys for the Harris supercut. It moved me big time.

You will be missed Harris. C+.

• Like 3

I got to know Harris through CBB as so many others, and I soon found myself downloading any podcast he was a guest on. He was so damn funny and likeable, and just sounded like someone you'd like to hang out with.

I will eventually get the huevos to listen to the episode... I usually listen on the subway or at work, but I don't take the chance with this one. I can't even read too many posts in this forum without getting emotional, so it will have to wait until I can be alone in the dark for a couple of hours.

Listening to CBB has helped me through some dark times (and still do), so when one of my favorite people in the Earwolf family passes away, I take it really personal. As an example I've listened to some of the Analyze Phish episodes several times, and I REALLY don't like that band! Harris and Scott made it awesome, the music not so much...

Thanks to Scott and Earwolf for this & for the incredible content you release week after week! Amazing!!!!!!!!

Thanks you for all the laughs and RIP Harris! I never met you, but I will really miss you...

I feel so bad I haven't bought your book yet...

• Like 2

Got through the intro and had to stop. In a good way. I don't know what this episode will be, but I'm happy it exists. There's more of Wittels here even if I can't bring myself to listen to it. Really happy about that. It's weird about how on TV there's just a card at the end, and how in podcast Scott had his time to talk honest and loving and personal, and we have recordings of Wittels in his best and worst moments, here, always, a lot. I love that podcasts record people and time spent. I love that. Podcasts are kind of an amazing thing, you guys. They're so dumb and good and I'm goofily happy they exist. It's happy though it hurts it's happy.

• Like 2

Listened to Harris on Pete Holmes' "You Made it Weird" today (the latest appearance). I'm sorry, someone has probably mentioned it already, perhaps several people even. But just wanted to say that if you haven't listened to it, please do. it's essential to understand his mindset. It made me feel for him, be angry at him, made me laugh (always), and in the end, love him even more. Also, if you're struggling with your own demons it might offer a new perspective.

• Like 5

My girlfriend and I just both had a good cry during the Harris compilation at the end -- I don't know if I've ever felt joy and sorrow at such levels simultaneously before.

As many have said, it's weird to be so emotionally affected by the death of someone you've never met in real life (I mean, I'm a grown man and I've cried at least 5 times over this in the past 5 days) but I really think that, on a physiological level, my body thinks we are actual friends. I mean, I've spent more time with him, learning about him, being made to laugh by him than I have with a lot of my actual real-life friends and I think the chemical response in my body to hearing his voice is very similar to hearing a good friend's. So, I'm devastated but so glad that I, like many others, got to experience so much joy over the past half-decade thanks to him.

Enjoy the ice cream buffet!

• Like 3

I seriously can't stand that the go to person that Harris hates the most was Hugh Laurie HAHAHAHA

• Like 2

Been listening to CBB for a few years now but never posted on here before. I felt like this is one I had to post about. Even if it's just an echo of what everyone else has been saying, thank you to Scott, and Brett and everyone at Earwolf for putting this together. It really was a huge help in dealing with the grief (that, yes, is weird to feel for someone I've never met). It really did make me cry and laugh and ultimately feel better. Prayers go out to Harris' family and Scott and Kulap and everyone else deeply affected by this loss. What a cool little community we have here, this has never been more apparent to me than now in this time.

• Like 8