🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 72 — Ben Rodgers, DC Pierson, Dominic Dierkes, Eric Appel, Our Potential LIVE Employees

It sure is

lc54255.jpg

True story: I have met (shaken the hand of) Nelson Mandela. When he was in Seattle in the late '90s. I was a child.

• Like 1

I couldn't listen for more than a minute because these fuckin weirdos were whispering in my ears and being babies. Can I get a sum up?

They're friends with the toilet band guy (or he's a fan of their show or something). That guy was upset that Sean was mean about the band during the ad. He complained to Earwolf and had them redo the ad. Then he told Bone Zone about it. They wanted to start a rivalry with HH because of it, but also didn't want to say HH's name on air. But they had never heard HH before and didn't know who Sean and Hayes were at all. Not sure why the toilet band guy wanted his band advertised on HH in the first place, seeing as he didn't realize his ad would be inline with the rest of their shtick.

• Like 4

bone zone is often very funny but they only listened to one episode and so didnt get the rich tapestry of advertiser insults that has been woven

also i guess matt farley didnt either before choosing to advertise

• Like 4

There's a mildly interesting podcast episode about the Toilet Bowl guy: http://www.onthemedi...-hundred-songs/

Wow this makes me sad that Sean made fun of this guy's music.

Edit: I mean his music isn't great. And should be made fun of. But he just seems like an earnest guy.

• Like 1

The guy's band "The Very Nice Interesting Singer Man" with songs like "I've Been Falsely Accused of a Crime" and "I Proposed To My Girlfriend. She Said Yes" and "I Got A Promotion At Work" is v good

• Like 5

here is a bone zone episode where they totally break down matt farley's life completely

here is another podcast where some people talk about that episode

matt was very nice to me on twitter and actually listened to our PAW episode, so i am a fan for life

So, greggy, did you know about the toilet bowl cleaners when S + H did those ads? If so, how did you feel about the ads?

• Like 1

well i knew about it but i didnt connect the dots that they were both the same thing because matt uses so many different band names. looking back the ads are fine since that is the tone of HH, its just too bad he didnt do a little research before buying the ad space.

• Like 3

well i knew about it but i didnt connect the dots that they were both the same thing because matt uses so many different band names. looking back the ads are fine since that is the tone of HH, its just too bad he didnt do a little research before buying the ad space.

Yeah, agreed. But, silver lining, he probably still got some listens and hits because of the HH ads. I know I looked it up to see if it was a real band.

• Like 2

Matt lives in the same little New Hampshire city as I do, or at least is here a lot. We have maybe walked past each other sometime, because his name is on the door of the local diner I walk past every day!! He is funny and good, as is The Bone Zone (which I mentioned when Johnny Pemberton was a guest on here). I'm bummed that there is a big misunderstanding! I don't like it!

• Like 1

You guys,

I was in the grocery store the other day and it seems the copy writing team for these cards have been listening to HH a little.

HHfunnyzonephoto.jpg

(weak ass post. I'm very rusty)

Man, those cards are friggin' Funny ! I mean, look at that purple card in the bottom row !! A baby's upside-down bottom. My side's hurt.

• Like 5

I kind of feel like the most shocking part of this whole thing is that it only takes $60 to make Sean and Hayes talk about you. One time I spent like 20 bucks just to see how many songs about tips a Cold Stone Creamery had.

• Like 10

I guess I should listen to Bone Zone then and not judge it based on 2/3 minutes of it.

I like podcasts like that TLDR one that are really easy to listen to, with short episodes. Criminal's like that too.

• Like 1

Speaking of podcasts, I just remembered me and my friend John made a podcast over a year ago and then he moved out to LA and we couldn't do it again. So listen to Jibber Jabber Junction, the podcasts critics said was "so good that we only needed one episode for it to be G.O.A.T."

• Like 3

I don't have an excuse for Castaway... I don't remember doing that.

Burgy, can you see any more than just those?

EDIT: Caught you, Burgy:

AGihmKH.png

• Like 3

I don't have an excuse for Castaway... I don't remember doing that.

Burgy, can you see any more than just those?

Are you nervous Tim? I would be. I have watched some fucking embarrassing shit on Netflix.

• Like 3

Ok, since you MFers weren't very creative today (or maybe you were just intimidated by greggy's brilliance), there weren't many nickname suggestions. There were none that were unrelated to my name, which is disappointing. I was really hoping I would get something like "Captain Whiskers" for my photo or "Snus" or maybe even "Canary" for my beautiful singing voice and ability to smell dangerous gases before anyone else.

I enjoyed Spunky's anagrams (Ana-grams could be my nickname, because I like Teddy Grams), but I don't think I should be called Vaginas to Asia. Spunky do you play boggle? Nice anagramming, buddy.

So, the nickname suggestions are:

Staz

AV Club

Stasi

Staz got two votes. One from greggy and one from Spunky. So, that one wins and I will legally change my name to that.

• Like 8

I can see a few more, Tim. Kill Bill series. Naked Gun. Tim & Eric. Gabriel Iglesias. It's Always Sunny. Frasier. Nymphomaniac Part II. The Grey.

Not sure why it chose you, but I don't mind it. You've got a cinematic eye.

Hopefully I got these nickname suggestions in under the wire:

Steja Vu

Staz Luhrman

Secret Police

To Grandmother's House Vigo

• Like 7