🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 104 — ZARDOZ 2

A first in HDTGM history, we had to release a part TWO of Zardoz to get June Diane Raphael’s thoughts on the movie and what exactly she found upsetting. We’ll hear what’s inside June’s notebook including how it must hurt to ride horseback without a bra, how Sean Connery groomed his mustache, would you really want to live forever, and more. Then, they cover skeleton couples and other things they might have missed during Corrections and Omissions. Plus, Paul asks director John Boorman a very important question about Sean Connery.

LA: Come out to a special screening of Ghostbusters presented by Paul over at Cinefamily on Friday, March 6th at 10pm as part of the 4th Annual Wayne Federman International Film Festival. Go to www.cinefamily.org for tickets!

Flawless quote:

"It's In N' Out, like a drive through window... at McDonalds."

I'm in love already.

• Like 3

You really can't beat the dynamic of all three of them plus a guest, but there's something about Paul and June one-on-one that is very endearing. This was nice to listen to and I'd love it if June would join Paul in the minisodes more often, like she did a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 9

so glad June's absence has been rectified... and even though 'Zouks is (arguably) my favorite voice of the podcast, an episode with only Paul and June is extremely refreshing.

"what're you, gay...?" made me laugh waaay more than it should have.

edit: however, the certainty in June's voice when she said "it's Wizard of Oz backwards" rightfully brought me to the floor.

• Like 4

For some reason I envision Paul and June recording this in bed at the end of a long day, just quietly trying to make sense of Zardoz before going to sleep.

• Like 4

Haha wow. I don't know when it happened, but June's takes on these movies has become my absolute favorite part of the podcast. This episode was a treat.

• Like 5

You really can't beat the dynamic of all three of them + a guest, but there's something about Paul and June one-on-one that is very endearing. This was nice to listen to and I'd love it if June would join Paul in the minisodes more often, like she did a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, man that minisode was great. June cracking up when she realized there was a segment called "Scheer's Picks" was complete gold.

• Like 4

An hour of June free-associating her way through Zardoz?

[Zouks]Yes, please![/Zouks]

• Like 5

This movie really made an impression on them. This is an unprecedented event in HDTGM history!

Haha wow. I don't know when it happened, but June's takes on these movies has become my absolute favorite part of the podcast. This episode was a treat.

Totally agree. Early on I would have said Jason was the reason I keep coming back, but after Zardoz without June, I realized it was her. She has this sort of classy-throwback air to her that makes me feel like I'm hearing a movie star from the 40's-50's discuss terrible movies. She's so awesome.

• Like 3

I originally came to HDTGM because of June. I fell in love with her watching "Burning Love" -- she was so brilliantly funny right out of the gate, first ep when her character couldn't remember the quote she wanted to say to Ken Marino's character -- that I thought, "why is this woman not a household name? what else has she done? because I am *there*." And then I found HDTGM. Now of course I love all three of them, especially how they function together (they've got a Kirk/Spock/Bones thing going on, really -- a perfect ego/superego/id kind of balance). But June was my way in. So... yeah, I've been down with JDR this whole time. Whatever assistant reads these posts, be sure to pass along the love to JDR if you can, ok? Because we love her!

• Like 4

Thank you, Paul and June!!! This was the best part of my morning by far and actually elicited a wife-waking "Fuck Yes!!!" as my computer bestowed this glorious episode upon my ears!

I saw "Zardos 2" and thought "What the hell?". Then I saw that June was the guest and thought "Hell yes!". Glad to see June gets to comment on this bat shit crazy ride of a movie!

$120 for a shave and haircut. Paul, :o :o I know you're Hollywood but that barber had you! My bet was that award was football (soccer) ball sprayed gold./

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this