🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 221.5 — 2/27/15 TWO CHARTED 160

I'll never get sick of Howard's story about accidentally listening to "David Bowie."

"I almost walked to my friend's house."

It also killed me when he says "what part of Bowie is this? When he has a headache? When he's running errands?"

• Like 6

Also, the Phish fans in this thread getting bent out of shape are hilarious and pathetic. Phish is objectively terrible, the war is over, it's like arguing with someone from the anti-vaccination movement or the flat earth society.

• Like 1

Also, the Phish fans in this thread getting bent out of shape are hilarious and pathetic. Phish is objectively terrible, the war is over, it's like arguing with someone from the anti-vaccination movement or the flat earth society.

All in good fun. Take a few deep breaths there, guy.

All in good fun. Take a few deep breaths there, guy.

Sorry, mate, I guess it's hard to convey sarcasm and intentional hyperbole in a message board post. I don't actually think that Phish fans are as irrational and destructive as people who actively campaign again basic scientific truths.

• Like 1

Hearing Phish never fails to bring a smile to my face, because I always imagine Dave Mustaine or Glenn Danzig crashing the stage and pissing on their legs or something happy like that.

• Like 2

Sorry, mate, I guess it's hard to convey sarcasm and intentional hyperbole in a message board post. I don't actually think that Phish fans are as irrational and destructive as people who actively campaign again basic scientific truths.

Haha no worries man. If we Phish fans are anything- it's sensitive ;)

• Like 2

I think Harris would have loved the hate on Phish and not have wanted it any other way. It seemed pretty common for his friends to give him shit for it but he'd defend them till the end and try to get people to like them. I never sensed any kind of hostility in him towards the people talking shit about Phish, kind of bothersome to see people fight each other about it here. Do you guys not talk shit and fuck around with your friends? Anyways charted funny as always, sad Harris will never be on it again but he'd want people to laugh.

• Like 2

"Those music diddlers...You know, those notey guys." Classic Wie-Wie.

This was a lot of fun, and it further builds on something I said in the Whooch thread, which is that everyone has paid tribute to Harris in their own way, and they were all really good and fitting.

• Like 4

"Those music diddlers...You know, those notey guys." Classic Wie-Wie.

This was a lot of fun, and it further builds on something I said in the Whooch thread, which is that everyone has paid tribute to Harris in their own way, and they were all really good and fitting.

Just noticed you were from Ithaca! I'm from Rochester but live in Denver now.

Hope everybody enjoys what a cool story that was!

• Like 2

I feel like this tweet Harris tweeted after Robin Williams' death is relevant: "Putting together a top ten "Who mourned him best" list. Get your votes in now!."

I don't think there's a right way to mourn, but I feel like the one wrong way is to argue about whether other people are grieving correctly, on a podcast forum.

• Like 6

I'll give pyide the benefit of the doubt. Pyide is defending Phish, and trying to defend Harris' feelings about the band.

Perhaps some the latter but definitely not the former. I honestly can't stand Phish any more than they can, haven't been able to stomach their music for 15 some years now. I just thought it was weird that so much of their talk consisted of hate towards the song they chose to keep playing, the band, and the fans compared to remembering Harris. For me personally that was weird, maybe because I love this podcast, and know how much they liked Harris and came in expecting to hear more love than bile.

Even if it was funny and fitting to a point, but when Harris wasn't there to laugh it off it and try to reason or change the subject after a while as usual it got to be too much for me. I apologize if I offended anyone, and I definitely did not want to say they're grieving wrong or anything like that as some people suggested. Any beef is with myself and my own expectations and feelings. I came into this episode being down already and the negativity put me in a worse place so I unfairly wanted a do-over to get out of that state.

I'm a broken asshole, but I did end up listening to the beautiful Who Charted prior to this one again, must have been hard to put that together. You guys did a great job with it, and I want to keep listening to all his various podcast appearances now. He was so damn funny. He will be missed.

• Like 2

If all Phish fans were as chill like Harris, I'd definitely go to Phish shows even if I hated the music. (I don't hate them anymore though. Harris has put me on the track towards slowly becoming a fan.)

Also, amazing work on the Jaws/Phish mash-up Brett!

each time Bowie started playing during the countdown was progressively funnier and it was cool to hear these 2 tell Harris stories. Just little things here and there that show you how cool of a guy he was. love that jaws/phish mashup and the end and Howard saying it was his favorite Phish song because it has the Jaws theme in it and they aren't playing it.

• Like 3

This was both hilarious and very sweet.

Also, as an aside, glad to know Howard likes The Sword. I'm a big fan. *thumbs up*

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this